Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
In case anyone is stupid enough to believe the circus is a prelude to impeachment >

In case anyone is stupid enough to believe the circus is a prelude to impeachment

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

In case anyone is stupid enough to believe the circus is a prelude to impeachment

Old 10-18-2019, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
BS !

But I don't think anyone will be called cause the Democrats are to cowardly to vote impeachment.
A prediction on my part is that there will be a vote to impeach...

Based on what I know today the impeachment will fail... But... Who knows what's yet to be revealed?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
I mean irrelevant for the Democrats case. Calling the whistle blower can only hurt the Dems now. Testimony from the whistle blower could be very advantageous to Trump.
I agree completely. This is a big part of why the Dems won't want to call for impeachment. Along with those Dems seats in Trump territory.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I agree completely. This is a big part of why the Dems won't want to call for impeachment. Along with those Dems seats in Trump territory.
Mmm... I'm feeling like I'm living in a different world than you and' Rock Cal... I'm pretty sure that an impeachment vote is coming... Some sources suggest that perhaps 30+ Republicans in the House may vote for it...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-18-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

It's possible Lunker. We're all just spitballing. Maybe we should look at reason for voting on impeachment and reasons not to and see how they stack up. Kind of a possibility analysis so to speak. Here's my take on it and then see what you guys agree with, disagree with, add to or take away from it.

Reasons to vote to impeach:
1. Dems hope to get Trump removed from the Presidency like Nixon, etc. (I think they would have voted to do so on day 1 if they thought they had a slam dunk. Pence is next in line but could maybe be tarred with Trump's stuff. That leaves Pelosi in the # 3 spot. If she thought she could achieve this, nobody would stand in her way).
2. Dems can stall Trump's agenda. (They've sorta got this on legislation but have failed miserably on judicial appointments, foreign diplomacy and Executive Orders).
3. Dems can get more PR from the media. (They already own the media so not much to gain here).

Reasons not to vote for impeachment:
1. Dems know they don't have the evidence. (They can throw all the mud they want and until they start the impeachment process and witnesses testify in the Senate, the Dems and media can talk all the trash they want about Trump through "leaks" and it's hard for Trump to respond convincingly since nobody has heard the evidence either way).
2. Failing to get Trump removed from office will make the Dems act like idiots and guarantee Trump will win reelection.
2. About half the country wants impeachment and half doesn't. 31 newly elected Dem congressmen and women are in pro-Trump districts. If they are forced to vote for impeachment, they will likely lose their coming reelection. If they vote "present" or are a no show, they will still likely get voted out. Their only way to get reelected is to vote against impeachment, which means they will have a Dem challenger in the next election. (You can bet all of these 31 congressmen & women have been talking with Pelosi).
3. If the Dems vote impeachment and it fails (which it will), the Dems will likely lose control of the House and Pelosi will no longer be Speaker of he House. (Not how she wants to end her career).
4. If the Dems lose the House, they will now have an energized Republican led House that will definitely want to return the favor and possibly cost a few Dem senators their seats through corruption investigations. Losing the House also means a lot more investigations about all of the leaks from the deep state which will likely send several of Obama's carefully placed deep staters to prison or at minimum get them fired.
5. Screwing things up this bad will end up setting Dems back for longer than just 4 years. It will end up taking out all of their prime Presidential contenders and force their party to either come back towards the middle or risk having a splinter group of moderate Dems leave the Dem party and start their own party.

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-19-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

p.s. Those "30+" House Republicans who are supposed to be voting for impeachment have not been identified. If they even exist which I doubt. But if they do exist, then Pelosi does have the votes she needs for impeachment without her 31 vulnerable Dems having to vote. The media who are pushing this claim are not exactly trustworthy or credible. But let's say they exist. Are those 30+ House Republicans crazy like a fox and pushing the Dems into a Senate controlled hearing with several Dem congressmen and women (Schiff among them) to be subpoenaed and all of the deep staters also? It could very well be a clever ploy and trap.

But say you believe those 30+ House Republicans are against Trump and want him impeached and removed from office. They're up for reelection every 2 years. How many of them do you think will win reelection and how many do you think will be voted out of office?

There really isn't much upside to voting for impeachment. If in doubt, just ask Gingrich and the House Republicans who voted to impeach Clinton back in the 90's. There is a whole lot of downside to voting for impeachment though. And the downside far outweighs the upside for both the Dems and any never-Trumper Republicans in Congress. At least IMHO it does. YMMV of course.

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-19-2019 at 07:51 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I would say that getting the vote for impeachment will be difficult unless there is more coming out. For a successful vote to cross partisan lines there would have to be compelling evidence that Trump is a danger to America.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. Dems know they don't have the evidence. (They can throw all the mud they want and until they start the impeachment process and witnesses testify in the Senate, the Dems and media can talk all the trash they want about Trump through "leaks" and it's hard for Trump to respond convincingly since nobody has heard the evidence either way).
2. Failing to get Trump removed from office will make the Dems act like idiots and guarantee Trump will win reelection.
2. About half the country wants impeachment and half doesn't. 31 newly elected Dem congressmen and women are in pro-Trump districts. If they are forced to vote for impeachment, they will likely lose their coming reelection. If they vote "present" or are a no show, they will still likely get voted out. Their only way to get reelected is to vote against impeachment, which means they will have a Dem challenger in the next election. (You can bet all of these 31 congressmen & women have been talking with Pelosi).
3. If the Dems vote impeachment and it fails (which it will), the Dems will likely lose control of the House and Pelosi will no longer be Speaker of he House. (Not how she wants to end her career).
4. If the Dems lose the House, they will now have an energized Republican led House that will definitely want to return the favor and possibly cost a few Dem senators their seats through corruption investigations. Losing the House also means a lot more investigations about all of the leaks from the deep state which will likely send several of Obama's carefully placed deep staters to prison or at minimum get them fired.
5. Screwing things up this bad will end up setting Dems back for longer than just 4 years. It will end up taking out all of their prime Presidential contenders and force their party to either come back towards the middle or risk having a splinter group of moderate Dems leave the Dem party and start their own party.
6. Even if the House were to vote to impeach, the action would then go to the Senate, where the Democrats won't get to make up the rules. It's likely that any central figure in this swampfight could be called to testify, right down to HRC. If Pelosi knew the Democratic Party leadership, the Obama Administration, et al were "clean," there'd have been an impeachment vote already.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's possible Lunker. We're all just spitballing. Maybe we should look at reason for voting on impeachment and reasons not to and see how they stack up. Kind of a possibility analysis so to speak. Here's my take on it and then see what you guys agree with, disagree with, add to or take away from it.

Reasons to vote to impeach:
1. Dems hope to get Trump removed from the Presidency like Nixon, etc. (I think they would have voted to do so on day 1 if they thought they had a slam dunk. Pence is next in line but could maybe be tarred with Trump's stuff. That leaves Pelosi in the # 3 spot. If she thought she could achieve this, nobody would stand in her way).
2. Dems can stall Trump's agenda. (They've sorta got this on legislation but have failed miserably on judicial appointments, foreign diplomacy and Executive Orders).
3. Dems can get more PR from the media. (They already own the media so not much to gain here).

I would disagree that half the country wants Trump impeached. The polls Ive seen suggesting that way over sample democrats including the fox poll. The rest I think you are pretty spot on.

The fox news poll we have seen everywhere saying 51% want Trump impeached sampled 48% democrats which is obviously grossly over sampling.

This is perhaps why Lunkerdog feels like we live in a different world.

Perhaps he lives in a world where you hear poll results and believe them and I live in a world where you have to read the details of polls before taking them seriously. Then when you find out they polled 48% democrats how can you take any of it seriously?

Last edited by rockport; 10-22-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

The Republican majority in the Senate deserves to be made a minority, if they vote against impeachment of President Trump.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is is again, must be recess time.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service