Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Are there any friends Trump won't abandon? >

Are there any friends Trump won't abandon?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Are there any friends Trump won't abandon?

Old 10-10-2019, 01:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I would have been just as happy if we never went there. It was all about the oil then and probably less so now. I always wondered if our presence was more to stop others from getting control over the oil rather than to get it for ourselves.
I guess folks do eventually forget about 9/11.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

From the AP:

The Kurds, who have been America's only allies in Syria fighting the Islamic State group, stopped on Thursday all their operations against the IS extremists in order to focus on fighting advancing Turkish troops, Kurdish and U.S. officials said.

Feel safer America?
Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
From the AP:

The Kurds, who have been America's only allies in Syria fighting the Islamic State group, stopped on Thursday all their operations against the IS extremists in order to focus on fighting advancing Turkish troops, Kurdish and U.S. officials said.

Feel safer America?
Are you really able to comment on this when you supported Obama who literally did nothing to stop ISIS? Called them the JV team. Said they could never be defeated.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

About a year later, at the Aspen Security Forum in July 2017, the commander of the US Special Operations Command, Gen. Raymond "Tony" Thomas, said that an estimated 60,000 to 70,000 ISIS fighters had been killed since the US-led campaign against the terror group began in August 2014.
Ergo, according to these senior US military officials, the bulk of ISIS fighters were killed during the pre-Trump period.
Trump simply continued Obama's ISIS strategies.

But, as we all know, Obama is the founder of ISIS:
“He is the founder of ISIS,” Trump said, repeating, “He’s the founder of ISIS, OK?... He’s the founder! He founded ISIS.” Taking it a step further, Trump went on to target his opponent in the presidential race. “And I would say, the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton,”
But, Trump will fix everything because of his "Great and unmatched Wisdom!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Dominant Buck

President Barack Obama said Thursday it's premature to go to Congress to authorize a strategy to defeat ISIS — because he doesn't have one yet.üü"We don't have a strategy yet," Obama told reporters after being asked about striking ISIS in Syria, saying he didn't want to "put the cart before the horse."üüThe line — sure to be repeated often by his critics — came as Republicans have been repeatedly demanding a strategy to defeat ISIS.üüObama said he's asked the military for options to take on ISIS, but a decision to expand strikes into Syria isn't imminent and he suggested it would not happen before Congress returns from recess.
https://www.rollcall.com/video/-235909-1.html
Old 10-10-2019, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
Trump simply continued Obama's ISIS strategies.
OBozo didn't have any "ISIS stategies." OBozo used what Bush put into place including the intel apparatus that finally got Bin Laden. Bush built that, OBozo didn't. By the way, were you in Iraq? I don't remember seeing you there. Just sayin....
Old 10-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

the bottom line here... no matter what route or decisions trump may take, or makes on anything..
the media will instantly declare it a total catastrophe
Old 10-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I would have been just as happy if we never went there. It was all about the oil then and probably less so now. I always wondered if our presence was more to stop others from getting control over the oil rather than to get it for ourselves.
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I guess folks do eventually forget about 9/11.
My post had nothing to do with 9/11. We first sent combat troops to the Middle east in 1958 so we have been in that arm pit of the world spinning our wheels for over 60 years through various political administrations

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-10-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Precarious; leave our advisors there and if they get killed it is on Trump. Pull them out and if the Kurds get killed it is on Trump. No win situation.

IMO the Turks were coming no matter what the U.S. said or did. The U.S. has swallowed a whole lot of Turkish excrement trying to keep them in NATO without letting them in the EU and trying to keep the Incirlik airbase.

In my opinion, we should have stopped being any sort of Allie with Turkey in 2003 when at the last minute they refused U.S. forces permission to land in a Turkish port to invade Irag from the north and south. The Turks turned U.S. ships, with an Armored division and a couple of brigades, away at the last minute. Rumor has it they were demanding more money and started to renegotiate when the ships were at the harbor entrance. With friends like this who needs enemies.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
My post had nothing to do with 9/11. We first sent combat troops to the Middle east in 1958 so we have been in that arm pit of the world spinning our wheels for over 60 years through various political administrations
you contradicted your post in the same paragraph. You claim we went there over oil then said we should have kept it for ourselves. Well, if it was over oil, we would have wouldn't we? Are we doing what we're doing to Iran today over oil? I don't think so. It's the same reason we went into Iraq, terrorism. I would have been happy not having to be there but that's not justification to not be there. It's in our best interest not to have another 9/11. Walk away, and that's what will happen again. Also, as much as folks want to retreat from the world and surrender it to China and Russia, remember, we're an export powerhouse. Are we willing to give up that business? Let our GDP slip? China has been creeping up on it and is more than willing to move in. They've been doing it so much, look how our corporate world is bowing to them these days. It's been growing more and more. I'm not sure we will be happy when China controls all the trade routes. That's their goal.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service