Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Will Trump go the way of Nixon? >

Will Trump go the way of Nixon?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Will Trump go the way of Nixon?

Old 09-27-2019, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Will Trump go the way of Nixon?

IMO, he will... But what do I know?
Old 09-27-2019, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

No, don't be silly.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Simple answer is no. They really don't have anything.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Simple answer is no. They really don't have anything.
Yet... Life takes time...
Old 09-28-2019, 02:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I dont think so. Trump never loses. If things really turn bad he will drag the US down into litigation that will tie up the government for years.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I say he stonewall's to force them to take a vote to do this for real instead of the BS path they're on If they have the support they claim, then you not vote to officially open the investigation? Second, why haven't Senate Republicans introduced expulsion paperwork on Leahy, Menendez, Durbin and Murphy? All are on record for doing exactly what they accuse Trump doing? If that's impeachable, then surely they should be expelled from the Senate.

No, they Democrats only have this one card to play and they have been waiting to play it. This was all a setup from a year ago. They will blow it.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Yet... Life takes time...
Yes, it does. But, read FM's post above. He has some points. I'm still waiting to see the documentation for the Senators who acted beyond what they were authorized to do but yes, FM has some points. And as you said, "Life takes time."

But to get a better understanding; First, step back from all of this political BS emotionally and forget about individuals, political parties and your own personal preferences/sensitivities/thoughts. Forget about whether you like a person or not (most of us wouldn't invite any of these pols over dinner). Forget about whether you like how they say things (most of us wouldn't talk like that in public or private). If you're able to, remove the names from the situation and their parties. Then go back and read whatever stories, websites, transcripts, other information you have for just the facts and not opinions. Kind of like lifting the layers of noise and just focusing on the facts that are provable, like being on a jury. Then consider what the President, Senators, Congress men and women and everybody else in government is legally authorized to do or not and also required to do or not. You'll begin to notice some things.

Probably the most glaring detail you'll notice is that so many people are parroting other people's opinions and not making any argument or point based on facts. You'll see that timelines are blurred, shifted or ignored. People take what other people say and then twist it into something else which is not supported by facts or documentation, such as a transcript, etc. It's also apparent that most pols either don't know or care what their responsibilities are as a pol, regardless of their job title. They also seem to forget what their job limits are. And, most importantly, this is 2019. Even a 5th grader knows by now that if you say or do something, somebody, somewhere will have it on film, audio recording or some other kind of documentation. Making up BS and then sharing it with other people or the public is gonna get found out and proven wrong.

The world and our country have changed drastically in the last 5 years. And yes, stuff will catch up with you. If in doubt, just ask Al Franken. 5 years ago, Al Franken would have been protected and covered. He would not have had to resign. It's no longer just Republicans in the cross-hairs. It's no longer possible to selectively open Pandora's Box anymore. Now when you lift up the rug, all of the political cockroaches need to scatter. Including people who think they can leak and get away with it. or whistle blowers who are 2nd, 3rd or even 5th hand and have not bothered to read the statute's provisions and, more importantly, what is protected and what is not. Things have changed. A lot.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope I think it will be the opposite of Nixon, democrat heads will roll and they started up the chopping machine!
Old 09-28-2019, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
IMO, he will... But what do I know?
He might --- because he's probably well satisfied about all of the extra billion dollars he might have earned, what with his tax cut for the rich bill --- But then he might be too scared to resign, because the IRS will come at him with vengeance if he does.

Still...you can't underestimate him doing more illegal misdeeds in office in the future, due to his autocratic dictatorship personality that has brought shame to our country and the rule of law.

Not trying to tout a gender bias...but I heard from a fellow shooter at our range today --- that the "CIA whistle-blower is a female."

Last edited by Erno86; 09-28-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 09-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Do you ever read what you post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.