Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
We got our F35A Lightnings >

We got our F35A Lightnings

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

We got our F35A Lightnings

Old 09-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

"If you would live in peace prepare for war." - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus. It was true then. It is still true now.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
While driving on the Capitol Beltway --- just outside of D.C. --- I did see a F17 Stealth fighter come in for a landing at Andrews Air Force Base.

While in Northern Ontario, Canada --- during a canoe trip by the YMCA --- I witnessed a low flyover of a B52.

While I was attending a NSA outdoor party near FT Mead, Maryland...I saw a F18 military jet pull straight up during a flyover and disappear from sight.

It's spelled Meade
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
I have news for the LIB morons, any modern military jet can be configured to carry tactical nukes, even a fighter. Just a matter of doing a few changes to the muntions carry system. The delivery of the nukes may not be precision" but it will work. Next time one says that to you, point out my comment.
Not just jets. There was a time when we had Atomic Demolition Munitions (ADM) in the inventory, basically a "backpack nuke" carried by specially-qualified Combat Engineers. Also, variable-yield, cannon-launched tactical nuclear artillery projectiles. Lots of Artillery units had Nuke Surety qualification programs, accordingly.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Had to laugh since the local libs were all concerned about the F-35 ability to be nuclear armed with concerns that nukes could be stored on base. That same ability was built into the F-16 fighting falcons that particular guard unit flew for the past 30 years. When I was at that facility 1967 to 1973 security wasn't that strict. Since they got the F-16 mission over 30 years ago it was a very tight security to get on base.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-24-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
I have news for the LIB morons, any modern military jet can be configured to carry tactical nukes, even a fighter. Just a matter of doing a few changes to the muntions carry system. The delivery of the nukes may not be precision" but it will work. Next time one says that to you, point out my comment.
Sorry flags, but that part gave me an evil chuckle! "not be precision" really doesn't matter to much with a nuke
Old 09-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Perhaps you should relay that to the liberals! They are the dumbazzes who are protesting
Old 10-13-2019, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Well we got our first 2 planes and it has been pretty quiet. I understood that training flights would start sometime in October before the next 2 planes arrive. Today I was out mowing the lawn and saw a boat obviously broken down and the guy was on the bow paddling towards my shore. I got off the zero turn and walked down onto the beach. He indicated that his engine died but his dock was just a short distance away and he would walk it back along shore. I headed back to my mower and suddenly I was aware that a high speed jet was coming low and fast right over the house. I estimate it was less than 1000 feet and was really booking. You couldn't hear it until it was overhead and it was loud. It was alone and headed for the New York military practice area off to the west. I don't know if his after burner was lit but I could hear him long after I lost sight of him headed over the Adirondack Mountains. It did seem much louder than the usual F16's that have been going over for years along that same military scramble route. Flying something like that must be a real rush. One of these days i'll get down to the ANG base when they are flying and watch some takeoffs.