Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control >

Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control

Old 09-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wal-Mart enacting its own form of gun control

Wal-Mart stopping some ammunition sales, ending open carry

I guess my question is what does any of this actually do that would have prevented any of this? I'm not aware of any law-abiding citizens carrying into a store having caused any of this, nor have any of these really been from SBRs or pistols.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

No it is just window dressing, will not stop anything except for some gun owners who will not longer buy from Wal- Mart.l I don't know why anyone would buy guns or ammo from wal-mart to begin with.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by North Texan View Post
Wal-Mart stopping some ammunition sales, ending open carry

I guess my question is what does any of this actually do that would have prevented any of this? I'm not aware of any law-abiding citizens carrying into a store having caused any of this, nor have any of these really been from SBRs or pistols.
Wal-Mart sucks and now they have made another line in the sand which many if not most sportsmen will find offensive. I guess Wally world is big enough selling all their Chinese crap to survive. I won't spend my money there especially since carry isn't welcome.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

I never went there expecting to get any help. You'd best know what you are looking for. I am guilty of buying some ammo there but I will not in the future. The small gun shops with usually knowledgeable workers deserve our money, just like archery shops. Walmart is a lot like the internet sales now dominated by Amazon, in that they just sell stuff and it isn't right, too bad. Sad that they have become so big that they don't care.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

The only thing I bought from them really was oil. They have the best prices by far for oil. Ammo and guns, I buy online. So who cares?
Old 09-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

It is window dressing. I guess they didn't pay much attention to Dick's Sporting Goods' recent problems. Walmart has been doing this kind of slide for a while. None of the Walmarts in CA sell guns anymore and ammo has been spotty for a while. It will end up costing them business but they won't care.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just don't have a problem with that.

I think walmart has just as much right to choose whether to sell certain ammo and allow guns in their stores as I do to own guns.

The conservative belly aching over it kind of reminds me of entitled millennial liberals. You do not have a right to buy Ammo at walmart or carry your rifle around in their stores. Being allowed in walmart at all is a privilege not a right Just like when you come on my property I make the rules and the only thing you have the right to do if you don't agree is leave.

Last edited by rockport; 09-04-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow, so Walmart only accounted for 2% of guns sales in America. The big news is they accounted for 20% of the ammo sales. Talk about not knowing your customer.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Golly, where am I going to find .22LR ammo for my Mark II target pistol now?

Really. Dick's, Wal-Mart, et al can decide what they want to sell, and we - as potential customers - can decide where we want to shop. My own beef with Wal-Mart is the rate at which they're putting smaller, community-based retail stores out of business. The sooner we free ourselves from their big-box grip, the better. Wal-Mart won't sponsor your kids' basketball team. Wal-Mart doesn't order parts in for your '72 Jimmy. What's the difference between an LED and an LCD TV - it's likely the Wal-Mart sales millennial won't know either.

No big loss to me. I have other choices. So do you.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Interesting to see homers post because I was thinking about all that. Dick's and Wally World are what we call big box stores and generally they do push the little guys out or at least force them to change some of their business practices to compete. The end result is they often remove some of the shopping choices when they come into an area. Some of the higher end clothing shops have gone out of business because they can't make enough profit when similar less quality Chinese junk is being sold for about half of what the good American products sell for. So they capture a large market share then through their political beliefs remove choice for consumers. Talk about a conspiracy to enact gun control most likely generated by liberal corporate policy. I have been reading some about plans for making ammo purchases subject to back ground checks in a few places. I remember the ammo shortages and it never really made sense. Lots of ways to skin a cat and it wouldn't surprise me if a few of these things are related to an overall plan to deprive many of us our rights to own firearms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.