Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Personal Experience >

A Personal Experience

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Personal Experience

Old 08-30-2019, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default A Personal Experience

Two days ago I was driving east on US 60 just outside of Amarillo TX. US 60 is a divided highway with 2 lanes in each direction. I was in the right hand lane and was making a right turn onto a connecting street. Turn signal was on and brake were engaged because you can't make a turn at 55 mph which is the speed limit in that area. There was only one other vehicle around which was a green half ton Chevy pickup which was behind me.

When I was about half way through my turn my truck was suddenly jarred hard from the right and the Chevy carreened into the ditch off to the right. The fool had actually tried to pass me on the right while I was making a right hand turn! Needless to say I was FURIOUS! My truck is a 2002 and I have been driving it for 17 years. Other than 2 or 3 little "parking Lot" dings it was completely straight and in great shape. That sure changed.

The guy that hit me acted like he didn't want to stick around so I quickly jotted down the plate number and then in very broken English he tried to convince me to let him "just pay me" and let him go. That wasn't happening because I doubted he had 5 or 6 grand in his pocket. So I called the state patrol. When the trooper got there and began getting info it came to light that the guy was an illegal alien with no license and no insurance! After I got done with my part of the situation and got the paperwork from the trooper I left the scene and the trooper was detaining the guy that hit. However the trooper did tell me that the guy would probably be back in MX in 2 days and not to expect any action on getting my truck fixed.

So if you LIBs think there are no reprecussions to an average American from illegal immigration, think again!
Old 08-30-2019, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

What a bummer flags. When an illegal sneaks into our country someone always has to pay. It is often more than them drawing welfare and living on the public teat. Since he committed a crime with damage to another persons property he should be incarcerated and held responsible with restitution through the court system rather than just be given a bus ticket on the tax payers dime to Mexico. In retrospect you should have probably got all you could from him since even a little is better than the nothing the system will produce..
Old 08-30-2019, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I miss driving in texas where slow moving traffic or folks turning pull over to the shoulder and let the faster moving folks pass. Little old ladies in Cadillac's doing 80mph.

Sorry for your troubles flags. Glad you are okay! But come on, this was a car accident. They happen all of the time. I'm fortunate enough to live in area much like Texas in that many drivers have no license or Insurance. (which is why we have no-fault insurance) Most of them are not "illegals" just crooks.
CI you want to lock them up for a car accident?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
How about driving without a license or insurance?

Would/should they just take me home if I get caught driving without a license and insurance? What if I break the law endangering others and don't pay the fine?
Old 08-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

It's interesting that in Mexico, driving without a license can get you arrested and your vehicle impounded. And Mexico probably doesn't allow you to pass a vehicle on their right when said vehicle is turning right.

In the US, most states would likely have the vehicle towed unless there's a licensed driver with the vehicle and issue a ticket for simply not having a license. Now if your license is suspended, then most states would arrest you. I don't know that the police would have provided all of those details to flags but that wasn't his point. His point is that there are more costs to illegal immigration than simply welfare, etc. and that direct costs are often put upon citizens in situations like flags' described. Fortunately, flags wasn't injured but if he had been, that illegal would have been arrested for causing an accident with injury which is a felony in at least most states (possibly all of them).
Old 08-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its like the reality gets lost that just being here makes him a criminal.

Breaking into our country illegally, breaking our laws, and endangering American citizens cannot simply be met with a ride home. That is nothing short of enabling and ignorance on our part.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I don't know that the police would have provided all of those details to flags but that wasn't his point. His point is that there are more costs to illegal immigration than simply welfare, etc. and that direct costs are often put upon citizens in situations like flags' described.
DING, DING, DING we have a winner. However seeing the quoted comment from one of the resident LIBs, it seems as though he has missed the point. I wonder if that LIB is willing to repair my truck out of his own pocket since he doesn't think this is a big deal and he loves him some illegal aliens. How about Mickey stoke me a check for $10,000 and I'll give him back whatever is left after repairs? Think he will do that?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I miss driving in texas where slow moving traffic or folks turning pull over to the shoulder and let the faster moving folks pass. Little old ladies in Cadillac's doing 80mph.

Sorry for your troubles flags. Glad you are okay! But come on, this was a car accident. They happen all of the time. I'm fortunate enough to live in area much like Texas in that many drivers have no license or Insurance. (which is why we have no-fault insurance) Most of them are not "illegals" just crooks.
Yup I would say that is what I suggested. The issue that I tried to express ...which apparently got past you....was that he committed a crime, and damaged property possibly hurt someone and therefore shouldn't be just sent on his way without making restitution. Crimes against society that result in damage or injury should be looked upon as a step higher on the justice scale.
Taking it a step further since the injured party was flags perhaps he should be put down like a dog........which would be HNI justice as ruled in the OS forum.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 08-30-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Its like the reality gets lost that just being here makes him a criminal.

Breaking into our country illegally, breaking our laws, and endangering American citizens cannot simply be met with a ride home. That is nothing short of enabling and ignorance on our part.
That would be the Obama way which apparently sees nothing wrong, actually encourages people to sneak into our country. Just wait until some towel head crosses our border and the contraband he is carrying is a dirty bomb. 9/11 woke a lot of people up and it looks like many have forgotten how an insecure border makes us more vulnerable for a major terrorist hit.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the Name Obama should be struck from all public records and prohibited from being spoken or written like the Egyptians did when they had a moron and traitor for a leader, and yes burn all his photographs and if any statues were made, smash the face.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.