Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Isreal bans Representatives Omar and Tlaib from entering the country >

Isreal bans Representatives Omar and Tlaib from entering the country

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Isreal bans Representatives Omar and Tlaib from entering the country

Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Isreal bans Representatives Omar and Tlaib from entering the country

NBC News

You gotta love it!

Aug. 15, 2019, 11:09 AM EDT / Updated Aug. 15, 2019, 11:57 AM EDT
By Saphora Smith, Lawahez Jabari and Associated Press
JERUSALEM — Israel said Thursday it will bar two pro-Palestinian Democratic congresswomen from visiting the country, in a move that could strain relations between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Democrats in Washington.

Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan both have been outspoken critics of Israel and President Donald Trump tweeted shortly before the announcement that they should be prohibited from entering he country.

In an apparent reversal of Israel's position to admit all American lawmakers who seek to visit, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement that the country had decided not to allow Tlaib and Omar to enter. The Muslim American lawmakers had been expected to arrive on Sunday.

"Only a few days ago, we received their visitation plan, and it became clear that they were planning a campaign whose sole purpose was to strengthen the boycott and negate Israel's legitimacy," Netanyahu said, referring to the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions movement, known as BDS.

"For example, they defined their visit destination as 'Palestine' rather than 'Israel,' and unlike all Democratic and Republican congressmen to date, they have avoided seeking any meeting with an official Israeli official in both the government and the opposition," the prime minister added. "A week ago, Israel welcomed some 70 Democratic and Republican congressmen who expressed broad bipartisan support in Israel, expressed just a month ago in overwhelming opposition to the congressional vote against the BDS. By contrast, the two-member congressional visitation plan shows that their intent is to hurt Israel and increase its unrest against it."

Israel to block visit by Reps. Omar and Tlaib after Trump tweet
AUG. 15, 201905:28
Omar and Tlaib have previously voiced their support for BDS; under Israeli law, supporters of the movement can be denied entry to Israel.

Omar has also been accused by House Democratic leaders for promoting "anti-Semitic tropes" and in February she was forced to apologize for controversial tweets about the pro-Israel lobby in the United States.

In one tweet, she said money was driving U.S. lawmakers to defend Israel and that AIPAC — the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee — was paying politicians to support Israel.

Last month, Israel's ambassador to the U.S., Ron Dermer, told the Times of Israel that the country would not block their trip.

Recommended

DONALD TRUMP
Trump urges Israel to block Omar and Tlaib visit

U.S. NEWS
Portland leaders send unified message ahead of Proud Boys rally: Stay home
"Out of respect for the U.S. Congress and the great alliance between Israel and America, we would not deny entry to any member of Congress into Israel," Dermer told the Israeli newspaper.

Netanyahu held consultations with members of his cabinet Wednesday about the congresswomen's upcoming visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories, a government official said in a statement earlier Thursday.

Barring the congresswomen from entering could risk further straining relations between Israel’s right-wing government, which has stressed its close ties with the Trump administration, and Democrats in Congress.

Tlaib, 43, was born in the U.S. but draws her roots from a Palestinian village in the West Bank where her grandmother and extended family still live. The congresswoman said she had hoped to visit her family during the trip.

Trump has repeatedly attacked Tlaib and Omar, including a series of tweets last month in which he said they should "go back" to the "broken" countries they came from. Trump's comments drew sharp criticism from Democrats.

Both are U.S. citizens and are members of the so-called "Squad" of newly elected left-wing Democratic representatives, along with Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts.

Lawahez Jabari reported from Jerusalem and Saphora Smith from London.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since both of those fools advocate boycotting Israel it is curious why they would even want to go there? Isreal is correct in this based on the vile comments both have made. I wouldn't want either of them in my backyard either. Just sayin...
Old 08-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Typical fascist jackboot reaction from Nentanyahu's far right coalition.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow what a brilliant statement , I would rather have one of the far right coalition next to me in a fight than ten of you. Perhaps you need a history lesson about the Palestinians, actually not perhaps. They never lived where Israel was created, they didn't live anywhere, they were nomads wondering around from place to place, they were not wanted anywhere they went, they didn't want to settle the land that the League of Nations gave the Jewish people them after WWII until the Jewish people settled it and improved it. Then they attacked Israel and the Arabs that didn't want them all of a sudden supported them. The got their clocks cleaned and then there was the 6 day war, and Israel kicked their butts big time even thogh they were outnumbered. Israel only went to the west bank because the Palestinians were attacking them from there. All that the Palestinians received from Israel they deserved. Class dismissed !
Old 08-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
Typical fascist jackboot reaction from Nentanyahu's far right coalition.
For the low information persons, the idiot twins sent their request to visit Palestine. There isn't a country called Palestine.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

After reading a lot more about this incident, it looks like a publicity stunt. I'd be real curious to see if anybody interviews the grandmother and her take on all of this.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

From what I've read, one of them (Tlaib I think) thought it might be the last time to see her grandmother. If I were in a similar position, I would want to see my grandmother and just shut up about politics. I think most people would think similarly. It's sad that politics is apparently more important than her grandmother for the few days or week that it would take to visit her grandmother.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a serious concern with the Muslim cultures as they relate to Christians and other non Muslim religions prevalent in free western democracies. Step 1 is they settle and step 2 is they start to get involved with business and politics as they grow. What is step 3?. What does the end game look like...Sharia Law? They have a higher percentage of population in Europe and life there is certainly different than it was. I can only imagine over time how it will play out.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Since both of those fools advocate boycotting Israel it is curious why they would even want to go there? Isreal is correct in this based on the vile comments both have made. I wouldn't want either of them in my backyard either. Just sayin...
Tlaib is in my backyard so...

I'll admit the Palestinian issue wants for a solution. But Tlaib has entered politics and still wants to act like an activist. She's entitled to her beliefs as we are entitled to ours. But, she's now held to the words she speaks. Lets hope she learns a lesson here about cooperation.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Hard to believe that someone like Tlaib could even be elected. Are there that many like minded people living in her state? With that thought aired it goes back to my previous post. Then again we elected Bernie here in Vermont which falls along the same thought process.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service