Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA and GOA

Old 08-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Default NRA and GOA

Due to much thought, reading, phone calls, current events and posts on here as well as other forums......

I renewed my NRA membership last night. Only for a year. While I think they need some big changes, especially up top...I decided that jumping ship was not the right thing FOR ME to do right now.

I also began a membership with the GOA. Also only for a year. I will take the next year to see what happens with the NRA and see how I like the GOA. And can either renew both, or one or the other next year.

One thing I won't be doing is donating anything extra right now to the NRA until I see more responsibility for how my money is handled. I didn't want to remove my membership. But I cannot donate extra money when I'm not sure where its going.

If you aren't a member of one of these organizations.... You need to be!

Either one is cheap to join. And you can donate additional if you decide to. These do more for our 2A rights than we could ever accomplish on our own.

I believe the NRA has over 5 million members. And the GOA over 2 million and growing! United we
Stand
-Jake
Old 08-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know much about GOA but am getting increasingly concerned about the NRA. There is certainly trouble with the management at the NRA and I hope it all gets resolved. If there were company paid designer clothes for WLP along with vacation trips then no matter what the mission happens to be the stockholders and members at large who pay dues have been bilked. My bet is there will be a leadership change very soon.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
My bet is there will be a leadership change very soon.

I'm hoping so!

-Jake
Old 08-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me too... Even some of the more hard nosed right wing internet news sites and blogs are all saying, "Hey NRA... We love you all, and will support you until our last dying breath... But lately, we have to ask, 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' is going on? LaPierre... Say it ain't so, bud... Say it!"
Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

The NRA seems to be feeling the heat on donations and memberships as they're increasingly sending offers to join and/or increase the level of life memberships. Personally, I think Wayne's getting to the place where he needs to consider retiring. I don't know all of the backstory on any of this but my impression of Chris Cox was that he was very effective and did a great job. When people like that get forced out, it makes you wonder a lot about what is going on behind the scenes.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Donors have sued the NRA for return of their contributions. The NRA Foundation is a tax exempt organization. The donors say the NRA Foundation loaned millions of dollars to the NRA where the money was often wasted:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-dellaquila-files-multi-million-class-action-lawsuit-against-wayne-lapierre-nra-and-nra-foundation/

Wayne La Pierre asked the NRA to purchase a six million dollar mansion in Dallas for his personal use, citing security concerns, The New York attorney general is investing the NRA for violations of their tax exempt status: She jumped all over this one.

The discussions about the estate, which was not ultimately purchased, are under scrutiny by New York investigators. The transaction was slated to be made through a corporate entity that received a $70,000 wire from the NRA in 2018, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

The entity was created at *Wayne LaPierre’s request by a law firm working for Ackerman McQueen, the NRA’s longtime ad agency, according to the people.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e39_story.html
Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

WTH!!! This does not sound good at all.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Falcon... Oh man, that is not good!!! When I read your post, my heart sunk and I sat back in my chair and said, "Oh S---"!!!!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

It gets worse:

Julie Golob, world class shooter, resigned from the NRA board.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...&OCID=AVRES000

The New York attorney general has subpoenaed 90 present and former NRA board members.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Kind of makes me think big time corruption going on at the NRA... OR.....is it some fake news stirred up by the liberal front to discredit the NRA. It might be a combination of both things going on but all that means trouble for the second amendment.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service