Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA and GOA

Old 09-04-2019, 03:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala View Post
Are they trying to get you to renew ci? Even though you're a life member?

Or do they just ask for additional donations at that point?
I am not a lifetime member but have been a member for many years. I always renewed for multi years but got sick of the continuous renewal letters starting on year 1. I figured in addition to being irritating for me it was a waste of their money and started me to wonder how much they really spend on their own business of fund raising. The last few renewals have been for 1 year. The "specials" I quoted came from me looking it up not from a renewal letter. I still think it is a good mission but do question how the leadership conducts business.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

They called me yesterday to do a survey.

I did the phone survey figuring it may be important to the cause. It really wasn't. "Do you believe libs want to take all your rights away?" Basically.

Then they offered a five year renewal for $135 I believe with several gift packages.

-Jake
Old 09-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

I'm a life member and they used to send me renewal notices. I finally called them and told them they were wasting the paper/emails. That got corrected after I asked who did I need to speak to so this could be corrected. They still send me emails to donate to the ILA. I didn't mind that but am not sending anything in currently since they haven't announced who is replacing Chris Cox.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, WLP hired an NRA-ILA general counsel with no gun rights experience. The guy comes with baggage, including a charge of embezzlement from his last employer. You can't make this stuff up.

1. Callender has no apparent experience in politics or policy issues, nor does he have any ties to the firearms industry.

2. Callender comes to the already-troubled NRA while he is embroiled in a public legal dispute of his own with his former employer that involves allegations of financial malfeasance and corporate irresponsibility.

3. Callender comes from an industry that the Wayne LaPierre and others in the community have frequently attacked over the past decade, specifically, a company that produced “violent video games.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nr...ts-of-baggage/
Old 09-10-2019, 06:49 AM
Spike

I hope the NRA gets their act together pretty quick. If it weren't for the fact I have to be a member of the NRA to be an officer of my gun club I would likely quit being one.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

I would like to see that happen (NRA get their act together quickly) but with this latest lawyer hire, it's obvious that LaPierre simply does not have what it takes to lead, run or manage the NRA successfully. He needs to go. And not with some cushy golden parachute for consulting. This is no longer about simple corruption. Now he's adding bungling and just plain incompetence.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:14 AM
Spike

I highly doubt LaPierre will be gotten rid of very soon, everyone in the organization that speaks out against him gets booted.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I would like to see that happen (NRA get their act together quickly) but with this latest lawyer hire, it's obvious that LaPierre simply does not have what it takes to lead, run or manage the NRA successfully. He needs to go. And not with some cushy golden parachute for consulting. This is no longer about simple corruption. Now he's adding bungling and just plain incompetence.
I have the feeling he is so far down the rabbit hole that he can't see the light of what is right and wrong.