Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Just How Bad Is The Democrat Field? >

Just How Bad Is The Democrat Field?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Just How Bad Is The Democrat Field?

Old 08-02-2019, 02:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Just How Bad Is The Democrat Field?

They're openly begging for Mochelle Obama to run.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Their first pick, CNN favorite Kamala Harris isn't looking as strong as they like. They definitely don't want Tulsi Gabbard getting the nod.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

i think this is the chickens coming home to roost...........for years the dems have courted the far left because they didnt want them to split off and form a 3rd party imo......Obama was at least smart enough to lie about his agenda and tell the voters what they wanted to hear to get elected. At this point though the dems have led on the crazies to the point that they can no longer pull an Obama and lie and still have their support, hence why you are now seeing these dem candidates openly calling for things they would never utter out loud to capture the nomination.

Can they really pull this off, promise free everything to everybody to get the dem ticket then walk it all back in the general election against trump? They will have the majority of the media helping them but I just dont see it. The dems are going to take the states they always take no matte what (north east, cali, ill) but i just dont see the swing states that went for trump in the last election changing sides for this racial/environmental/social claptrap.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Pretty much exactly what Scotty said. Also, I think Tulsi took out Kamala Harris last night. Ah Karma...
Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Pretty much exactly what Scotty said. Also, I think Tulsi took out Kamala Harris last night. Ah Karma...
Theatrics of course. Harris while not on my pick list was right about truancy even if she miss used the stick and carrot analogy. Actually I seem to recall my own Mother saying something very similar in the seventies. Parenting is serious business and when you fail at it there is a ripple effect that spreads across society. We miss some of this impact in police and Fire because of the vetting process. But I know guys in our age group who are struggling to pass their work skills onto the younger workers. Some who seem to dislike being told anything. That's on the parents in you ask me.

The parallels between the Republicans courting the far right and disgruntled and the Democrats courting the far left and (I'm not sure how to describe some of them) others. The Republicans lost control of their party first with the TEA party, and then with Mr.. Trump. The odd part here is that Trump is actually doing some of the crazy stuff he promised. That, and some of that Crazy stuff is even helping/working. Even the Canadians are grateful for falling fuel prices. If a fringe Democrat wins the election will they do their crazy thing and will it also work is the question.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Theatrics of course. Harris while not on my pick list was right about truancy even if she miss used the stick and carrot analogy. Actually I seem to recall my own Mother saying something very similar in the seventies. Parenting is serious business and when you fail at it there is a ripple effect that spreads across society. We miss some of this impact in police and Fire because of the vetting process. But I know guys in our age group who are struggling to pass their work skills onto the younger workers. Some who seem to dislike being told anything. That's on the parents in you ask me.

The parallels between the Republicans courting the far right and disgruntled and the Democrats courting the far left and (I'm not sure how to describe some of them) others. The Republicans lost control of their party first with the TEA party, and then with Mr.. Trump. The odd part here is that Trump is actually doing some of the crazy stuff he promised. That, and some of that Crazy stuff is even helping/working. Even the Canadians are grateful for falling fuel prices. If a fringe Democrat wins the election will they do their crazy thing and will it also work is the question.
first, you need to make up your mind Despite me posting the actual numbers from our revenue into the Treasury, you claim the tax cuts missed their mark. As I pointed out, never in our history has that been the case. Revenue has always risen because leaving the money with the people always leads to growth.

Now you question if those far leftist ideas would actually work. The answer is no. There hasn't be a leftist idea ever to work out unless its measured by centralization of power. Then it has worked out. But your president obama has proven just how bad those ideas can be economically. Even the Democrats had to. admit they were a failure. Yet, your party wants to double down on stupid
Old 08-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
first, you need to make up your mind Despite me posting the actual numbers from our revenue into the Treasury, you claim the tax cuts missed their mark. As I pointed out, never in our history has that been the case. Revenue has always risen because leaving the money with the people always leads to growth.

Now you question if those far leftist ideas would actually work. The answer is no. There hasn't be a leftist idea ever to work out unless its measured by centralization of power. Then it has worked out. But your president obama has proven just how bad those ideas can be economically. Even the Democrats had to. admit they were a failure. Yet, your party wants to double down on stupid
FM you don't agree with my opinion? I'm shocked!

When you mention President Obama is that the same President Obama that literally pulled the worlds economy back from the breach and killed OBL? You have to admit those are two huge wins.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

The above has to be one of the dumbest and misinformed statements I have read here for a long time. Living proof that democrats are deluded.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
The above has to be one of the dumbest and misinformed statements I have read here for a long time. Living proof that democrats are deluded.
ditto, ditto, ditto