Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

My letter to the NRA...

Old 06-29-2019, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default My letter to the NRA...

------------------- cut 'n pasted from MS Word ----------------------------
June 29th, 2019

NRA Executive Offices
11250 Waples Mill Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
Attn: Board of Directors

Subj: Personal opinion on the direction the NRA needs to take

Good morning, as seen in the attached scanned image of my expired NRA membership card, I have voluntarily let it lapse.

{scanned image of my membership card from 2012}

The reason I chose to let my membership lapse, along with not displaying the NRA symbol on my Virginia license plates (I changed plates) anymore, is due to the state of affairs and financial trouble the NRA is currently in.

Over the years, a lot of people, such as myself, have come under the assumption that a lot of “misappropriation” of membership dollars has been made by your CEO, Mr. Wayne LaPierre. $200,000 Italian suits, a gigantic mansion for a home, not to mention numerous fancy vacations to overseas places. When other high profile Board of Director members brought the above suspicions to light, they were ousted rather quickly, or they “politely resigned” and walked away.

The NRA needs to get back on track of caring about its members, standing up for the 2nd Amendment, and to be honest and straight from the heart – Do whatever is necessary to get Mr. LaPierre to step down as CEO and appoint someone more deserving of the title.

I know this is extremely harsh to say, and might even be a tad offensive, especially in the eyes of the Lord above, but in my own personal opinion, Mr. LaPierre and Pastor Joel Osteen are “cut from the same cloth” as the saying goes. Lavish lifestyles, multi-millionaires, private jets, etc… and are so far removed from the “common man”, that they lost their focus on what really matters to the rest of us.

In closing, I will immediately renew my NRA membership, once Mr. LaPierre is no longer CEO.

Respectfully,

{my full name/address}

------------------------ end of cut 'n paste --------------------------------
Old 06-29-2019, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mine expires in July I believe. I haven't renewed yet. Haven't decided yet what to do.

-Jake
Old 06-29-2019, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have yet to see any real evidence against LaPierre, nothing buy allegations from two who are no longer around. Before I sever my association with the only thing between the 2nd amendment and the leftists that are growing in numbers, I would need evidence, not accusations.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

sadly the way I feel, I doubt maters to many that feel this way
but IMO< the NRA is doing more than anyone else or group out there to protect the rights of citizens of the USA, to be able to own and have the guns we have, and every gun owner SHOULD be a member, period!
you might not like all the things they do or say, but the facts are, the anti gun folks are growing , and few folks that cry about the negative side of the NRA< are NOT going to stand up and defend things like the NRA does now!
Like everything in life, if you wish better from the NRA< do more to make it happen!
stooping your membership, sure isn;t going to help solve there flaws, and or save any gun rights to anyone!

there is power in numbers, and as numbers fall, the odds of things going south for gun owners climbs!
all the NON NRA members ain;t going to unite and make a dent in things any time soon
so, having LARGE voice of the NRA< is what stands in the way more than anything else IMO
leaving the NRA< your just wreaking the MAIN thing that is saving your gun rights ! and once there gone, they AIN"t coming back!
the small costs to be a member is silly in the bigger picture and the GOOD things the NRA does, even with its flaws, its still worth being a member!

Last edited by mrbb; 06-29-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

I think the others deserve, and will get, my consideration.

Gun owners of America, the second amendment foundation, and a few others will at least get my consideration before renewing with the NRA.

And this goes back before all this recent stuff.

They made me mad when I asked them to stop sending me junk mail and my mail box is still full of the stuff.

They would save a fortune if they quit wasting so much paper into my burn barrel.

-Jake
Old 06-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

That junk mail we all hated came from the advertisement and promotion company they just parted ways with. I am hoping the new one will be better. One mailing a month would be more than sufficient. I waste more money than I spend on the NRA, could I possibly support one of the Johnny-come-lately s, perhaps., but I will go home from the dance with the girl who brought me.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

https://www.gq.com/story/nra-ceo-wayne-lapierre-suits
Old 06-29-2019, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

I intend to research who spends my money the best. The amount of money, or where else I spend or waste my money, is irrelevant to me. If I donate money to a cause it needs to go to what I'm donating it to.

And I'm not saying the NRA isn't using it properly. Maybe they are. I'm saying that I don't know and intend to do my best to find the truth and to sign up with the one I believe is doing the best job for it's members.

And not just sign up again because that's who I came to the dance with. If the girl you came with is cheating on you, then only a fool would take her home.

The left has been after the NRA since it's beginning. The fact that they haven't been able to get anything to stick says allot. But I'll still do my part to make sure I'm signing up with the best option.

-Jake
Old 06-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

the facts are rather simple IMO< who does the media mention, who does the general public know< who do the officials in office talk about when it comes to gun rights
The NRA, period, there the largest, best known and feared , they HAVE numbers
but as these numbers fade, so will there power to defend ALL gun owner, NOT just NRA members!
and this ius why I again state and say, ALL gun owners should be members!
Like the NRA or NOT< they are standing up for ALL gun owners period!
and if anyone doesn;t like the fact head leaders of the NRA , get paid well, well, lets face it, NO major company or business out there doesn;t pay its top players crazy amounts!
its the nature of the beast.
again, I agree the NRA isn't perfect, do some things I am not a fan of!
But I am a life time member, and have been for a LONG time, and still say without them,ALL gun owners would have less guns than we do, and less gun rights period!

all these oether so called groups or??
that some of you want to join, I say have at it( I am also members of some of them)
BUT , don't kid yourself, the NRA is the big dog, that has the loudest voice and dog in the fight for ALL gun owners
and its sad so few gun owners are members
MAYBE if more were NRA members, the NRA could do even more for ALL gun owners
and again, if anyone doesn;t like the way the NRA does things, JOIN< be a m,ember, go to meetings, voice your idea's
Nothing stopping YOU from making the NRA better!

But NOT being a member and complaining about them, sure isn;'t going to help the cause, or make the NRA any better!
but NOT being part of the largest group, just makes ALL gun owners suffer, as , less members to the NRA< less power they have, and sooner or later, Guns might NOT be allowed in a LOT of places, with the trend in things!
who is going to stand up for YOU then?? and actually have any chance of defending YOUR gun rights, small groups , single people??
NOPE< without the NRA< , its all down hill for ALL gun owners!
Old 06-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Dominant Buck

As time passes we will not gain gun rights. For many years now there has been systematic restrictions placed on our 2nd amendment rights all over the country. The NRA's isnt perfect but is one of the few organizations that have slowed the liberal grabbing of our gun rights.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service