Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Demorats determined to load the country with illegals! >

Demorats determined to load the country with illegals!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Demorats determined to load the country with illegals!

Old 06-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let's all go back to 1855, shall we?

August Von Ammon decided to leave northern Germany (after seeing what Germany was soon to become), and sailed on a boat to America, with hardly any money, nothing more than a small duffle bag and the clothes on his back. He didn't know how to speak English either.

Upon arriving in New York City, his first stop was Ellis Island. The immigration dept "anglo-sized" the last name, chopping off the "Von" and today, right now as I write this, the paternal last name is "Ammon". Great-Great-Grandpa Ammon settled on Staten Island, NY City, where he quickly learned English, got a job, and made a nice life for himself. He soon ventured a little west of NY City, Staten Island, and New Jersey, and finally settled in a suburb outside of Philly called Swarthmore, PA, where my grandfather grew up. My dad was born in Chester, PA which is just a hair south of Philly and his family moved back to Staten Island to get more higher paying jobs due to the the stock market crash in 1929.

Anyway... What I am getting at (besides telling a life story)... My family didn't come from Germany demanding all sorts of things. They came here legally, looking for a better life, and adapted to the USA and the English language. It's how it should be and always should be!
Old 06-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Let's all go back to 1855, shall we?

August Von Ammon decided to leave northern Germany (after seeing what Germany was soon to become), and sailed on a boat to America, with hardly any money, nothing more than a small duffle bag and the clothes on his back. He didn't know how to speak English either.

Upon arriving in New York City, his first stop was Ellis Island. The immigration dept "anglo-sized" the last name, chopping off the "Von" and today, right now as I write this, the paternal last name is "Ammon". Great-Great-Grandpa Ammon settled on Staten Island, NY City, where he quickly learned English, got a job, and made a nice life for himself. He soon ventured a little west of NY City, Staten Island, and New Jersey, and finally settled in a suburb outside of Philly called Swarthmore, PA, where my grandfather grew up. My dad was born in Chester, PA which is just a hair south of Philly and his family moved back to Staten Island to get more higher paying jobs due to the the stock market crash in 1929.

Anyway... What I am getting at (besides telling a life story)... My family didn't come from Germany demanding all sorts of things. They came here legally, looking for a better life, and adapted to the USA and the English language. It's how it should be and always should be!
I have to admit I find this recurring fantasy about returning to the 19th century a little odd. Sadly your story is not representative of the life of an immigrant to America in the early to mid 19th century. Many paid the passage in steerage and hit the streets of New York, Boston, or a less famous place without any papers at all. They were preyed upon by residents and often if they were able bodied enlisted in the Army. There they were beaten for minor offenses and branded if they fled that abuse. Why do you suppose there were draft riots? Life is even more complicated now and what worked long ago (however poorly) will not work today. Besides, we strive for progress and improvement don't we?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes we do, and progress and improvement would be sealing the border and entry allowed by invitation only!!! And while we are at it, ship out all the lefties in the country to anywhere but here.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Yes we do, and progress and improvement would be sealing the border and entry allowed by invitation only!!! And while we are at it, ship out all the lefties in the country to anywhere but here.
Actually, that would be admitting defeat. Admitting our revolution failed and fear has won the day.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Absolute nonsense and only could have been dreamed up by a leftist! It is not fear, it is good sense and intelligence and love of our country not to allow foreigners to steal it from the citizens of the US. It is our country, not the junk yard of the world.