Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Handing Over Tax Return Information? >

Handing Over Tax Return Information?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Handing Over Tax Return Information?

Old 05-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Handing Over Tax Return Information?

With the Democrats demanding Trump's tax returns, what is stopping the Senate requesting key house members' tax returns? For legislative purposes of course
Old 05-24-2019, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to be gained by doing that:

- What if they turn them over? Then they say "now your turn"
- What if they say "hey I thought you said there was no need to do this"

Don't ask a question that won't benefit you when it's answered
Old 05-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Good point.

I understand there are SC ruling in which the Administration is basing their response on. Apparently there is a ruling from the 50s they said no, you just cant have these records because there isn't legitimate reasons for legislative reasons. This would probably push them to go impeachment route but again, on what?

Just today we've learned by pushing to declassify and release of more information on how the investigation all began is actually covering up.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Your last sentence doesn't make the most sense FM. I was wondering what potential legal reason Congress could use to demand tax returns. Congress should be careful about what they're asking. Lot of potential for it to bite back.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Cal, my last sentence doesn't make any sense because it sums up the reaction Democrats are having now that Trump has announced he has authorized Barr to declassify all he can. The dems are claiming he is pushing his cover up further because of this.

Interesting little tid bit regarding Trump's announcement. He specifically told the Secretary of Treasury and Energy to fully cooperate in this endeavor. Why include them and not department of education, interior???? Sounds like Uranium One Deal may get a little more light shed on the deal. That would be awesome
Old 05-24-2019, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

That would be awesome and yes, now that you explain it was the Dems' irrational logic, it makes sense They like to demand things until it looks like the shoe is going on the other foot, then complain and whine.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:40 AM
Dominant Buck

It is my guess that if Trump's tax returns did come out it wouldn't be good for him. I suspect either they would show he isn't as rich as he claims or that he didn't pay much in taxes both of which would be an embarrassment to him. The fact that he is under continuous audit must mean something. In addition if there were any foreign financial transactions or business enterprises those would probably surface. My guess is the freaky hairdoo isn't the only thing that is covering something up.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a friend who was a CPA, he said if you aren't audited every few years you are probably paying too much in taxes. I see absolutely no reason that anyone should have to display their income tax information to anyone other than the IRS. The average person, including the Congressional twits wouldn't understand them anyway. Does anyone think they do their own taxes and does anyone think they do not take every cent of deductions they can get?
Old 05-27-2019, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Most people I know that have half a brain are very careful to get as many deductions as legally possible to offset our growing taxes. Trump and all the Congressional leaders are the same and the rules apply to all of them. There has been a 40 year precedent that POTUS shows his returns but there isn't any constitutional law that mandates that. I doubt there has ever been a President even close to Trumps business complexity as reflected on tax returns. In my opinion it is all about digging up dirt and looking for a smoking gun to get Trump out of office. Let's face it people like Trump don't get where they are in business by being nice guys and never bending the rules in their favor. We elected a real estate mogul who has been sued by thousands of people so it shouldn't be a surprise that he could possibly be ducking something by not showing his tax returns. His choice to show or not. The Democrats are frantic to uncover some dirt in time to swing the POTUS seat back to the left in 2020.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Spot on. The Dems want to impeach if they can and win in 2020 regardless of any costs or precedents. I have noticed, however, that none of the Dems have showed their tax returns first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.