Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
2 Trillion in Boondoggles Cometh Fourth >

2 Trillion in Boondoggles Cometh Fourth

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

2 Trillion in Boondoggles Cometh Fourth

Old 04-30-2019, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default 2 Trillion in Boondoggles Cometh Fourth

Just what a broke nation going broke by the year needs, 2 Trillion Dollars worth of boondoggle projects.

Trump and Dems agree to 2 Trillion for Boondoggles
Old 04-30-2019, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

So... Infrastructure in this nation is a ... Boondoggle???

Perhaps with all of the money going out of this country that is all coming back (You know... The Chinese millionaires buying all that property, and such...) We can figure out a way to pay for it???

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 04-30-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spending the money doesn't bother me nearly as much as politicians getting kickbacks and getting rich from skimming.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would rather see the $$$ spent here than see it sent to another nation as "foreign aid." There are a lot of things in this nation that need some work. I really would like to see the states take care of it in accordance with the 10th amendment, but only a fool thinks that is going to happen. However I do think if they are going to spend this $$$ they should give it to every county in the nation and let them prioritize the work. After all, who knows better what needs to be done? The people that live in the area or Nancy Piglosi? If the house controls this, nothing will get repaired and the $$$ will be wasted.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
I would rather see the $$$ spent here than see it sent to another nation as "foreign aid." There are a lot of things in this nation that need some work. I really would like to see the states take care of it in accordance with the 10th amendment, but only a fool thinks that is going to happen. However I do think if they are going to spend this $$$ they should give it to every county in the nation and let them prioritize the work. After all, who knows better what needs to be done? The people that live in the area or Nancy Piglosi? If the house controls this, nothing will get repaired and the $$$ will be wasted.
i hope the House doesnít screw this up and is wasteful with what this is intended for. I canít speak for how the government handles this, but HHS among other things is in the business of granting money to companies that prove themselves worthy of a grant by showing they are working on something of potential as it relates to improving our health.

Maybe be that the way itís done by certain departments for infrastructure purposes. I really donít know.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
So... Infrastructure in this nation is a ... Boondoggle???

Perhaps with all of the money going out of this country that is all coming back (You know... The Chinese millionaires buying all that property, and such...) We can figure out a way to pay for it???
well, we seem to have several already on this thread who got their feathers ruffled when Obams did his trillion dollar boondoggle. That didn't work out. Of course those on the left claimed not enough was spent. Now we have a 2 trillion dollar package getting ready to get pushed through Congress and figuring out how to pay for it. We're already trillions in the hole. We're now pushing trillion dollar deficits. We only spend 20 cents out of every dollar in gas tax on roads and bridges. Therefore, I appropriately called it a boondoggle. What's going to be different today than 8 years or so ago? Same players are there.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obama's failure on this was "shovel ready" didn't exist, no plan. Hopefully they have one.

I'd like to see infrastructure be defined, I hope it includes inter-state transport/highways, as well as cyber areas, internet to places without it, protection/recovery from EMP. More and more of our society is technology dependent but there are still many populated areas that don't have reliable high speed internet for example.

I sure hope, but doubt, that if they have a price tag, they have some plan for it .
Old 05-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Should make lots of grunt work jobs for the welfare crowd, either work or graze!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH View Post
Obama's failure on this was "shovel ready" didn't exist, no plan. Hopefully they have one.

I'd like to see infrastructure be defined, I hope it includes inter-state transport/highways, as well as cyber areas, internet to places without it, protection/recovery from EMP. More and more of our society is technology dependent but there are still many populated areas that don't have reliable high speed internet for example.

I sure hope, but doubt, that if they have a price tag, they have some plan for it .
its government, no there isn't a plan. It's the worse form of accountability out of all the ways to spend money. Money isn't theirs. What's it's being spent on, isn't theirs. So quality and price doesn't matter. It's called hey everyone, I've got this blank check, what do you want?

I heard some playback this morning from a Flint Michigan meeting. The reporter asks about some accountability in where did the federal money go that was supposed to be spent on fixing their water system. The councilman did everything but answer what happened to all that money.

And this is only 100 million in mis-spent funds

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 05-01-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH View Post

I think they had a plan. It was to lie about the "shovel ready jobs,' then shore up failing pensions.
I bet very little of this money goes to roads and bridges.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 05-01-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: My spelling sucks.