Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Dem candidate for 2020 >

Dem candidate for 2020

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Dem candidate for 2020

Old 04-21-2019, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Dem candidate for 2020

Any predictions on who will challenging President Trump in the 2020 election?

I have no idea, but there is some buzz around crazy Bernie at the moment.

I dont think he can get it done. His tax hikes wont fly with enough voters to put him over.

I think Kamala has a chance with the demographics she could pull in. God help us.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I wouldn't think Bernie would have a chance but as time goes on more and more people fall into the economic demographic that he represents. The lowest tier middle class as well as the poor all rely on entitlements of one form or another from the government. Those are the people who listen to Bernie's message. Bernie's growing target audience is also one that some of the more liberal candidates are courting. He is a very skilled campaigner now and doubt that anyone of the others like Warren have what it takes to successfully go up against him. Biden has some name recognition but the recent touchy feely business will come back to haunt him. Beto is young and has appeal and could be the one to win the primary if he doesn't have any missteps. Seeing that America elected a tall skinny unknown in 2008 one could assume that could happen again. Seeing how Trump doesn't have full support of his own party and through his own antics is easy to hate.....any winner of the Dem primary who is more moderate could have a chance to upset Trump.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I wouldn't think Bernie would have a chance but as time goes on more and more people fall into the economic demographic that he represents. The lowest tier middle class as well as the poor all rely on entitlements of one form or another from the government. Those are the people who listen to Bernie's message. Bernie's growing target audience is also one that some of the more liberal candidates are courting. He is a very skilled campaigner now and doubt that anyone of the others like Warren have what it takes to successfully go up against him. Biden has some name recognition but the recent touchy feely business will come back to haunt him. Beto is young and has appeal and could be the one to win the primary if he doesn't have any missteps. Seeing that America elected a tall skinny unknown in 2008 one could assume that could happen again. Seeing how Trump doesn't have full support of his own party and through his own antics is easy to hate.....any winner of the Dem primary who is more moderate could have a chance to upset Trump.
Certainly sound observations. As the leftward swing of the Democrats continues Bernie Sanders or someone with his views would be a given. This election had O'Rourke beat Cruz or maybe had a better sounded-out message. He might be a safe bet. But he lost and now it's going to be an up hill battle. I think John Delaney is another one to watch going forward. He's made some statements about focusing on bi-partisan projects which sounds promising to me. (Of course if bipartisanship became the fashion. This forum would crumble like a Detroit bridge)

Happy Easter!
Old 04-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

So long as the dumbocrats are moving further left each year, there will never be bipartisanship in congress. I sure don't want the republicans to cozy up to the enemy of the state, I want them to soundly beat them into the ground and once again control both houses and do what is best for our country and US citizens and run over the demonrats like a line of tanks!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It will be Oprah or Moochelle.

C. Davis
Old 04-23-2019, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Harris will be the nominee and Trump will easily beat her.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

Debates start this week. It will be fun to watch them tear each other up, or all team up to take out Biden. I think the writing is on the wall they don't want him to be the nominee.

The strategy the winner uses I think will be race baiting and pandering for the black vote. They came out in droves for Obama and Kamala knows that. I don't think she will debate well against Trump, however.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I won't be watching one twelfth of a gross leftists being tossed softballs by a bunch of smug leftist TV commentators . I would rather drink my own puke!
Old 06-24-2019, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'm honestly not sure at this point. I would have expected Sanders or Biden to be front runners at this point but the Dems seem to be taking both of them out. I'm glad Hillary isn't muddying the waters and presume she's figured out she would be stirring up a hornets nest if she did. I'm also surprised that she's either figured it out or is listening to somebody that has. It will be fun to watch the Dems tear each other up in the debates as chazspot mentioned.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kamala is on both sides of most issues and her position changes daily depending on her audience. I think she should be easy to screw with if somebody tries to pin her down.
Biden is a bumbler and seems to be pretty darned corrupt and not shy about it.
I think Bernie pretty much hit his high point the last Presidential election.
I honestly think the biggest worry for Trump is voting and voter fraud. Looking at the history of the Dems over the last few years anything is possible and likely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.