Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Its Official,  The Tax Cuts Screwed Small Business >

Its Official, The Tax Cuts Screwed Small Business

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Its Official, The Tax Cuts Screwed Small Business

Old 04-01-2019, 05:35 AM
  #11  
Nontypical Buck
 
C. Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kountze, Texas
Posts: 4,576
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Deductions going away is really bad for people in my situation. Taxes aren't done yet but I am expecting to pay which isn't something that has been normal for the past few years.
Hopefully now that the federal tax code is not subsidizing high tax states as much, the people will quit voting for high taxing politicians.
Or, they'll just get even by hoisting Bernie on everybody.

C. Davis
C. Davis is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 06:11 AM
  #12  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,307
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
no, like I said, no surprise you don't know what's really going on. I dont believe you when you claim your at the lowest tax % ever. You just want to think you are but then again, Trump did remove several from actually paying taxes. I guess you could fall into that category. Enjoy it while it lasts. When the higher rates kick back in, so does the auto-increase they tacked on to the tax rates.
However, as my thread pointed out, the new tax bill the Republicans pushed through did no favor for the small business owner and it has become very clear. While large corporations got this sweet heart deal, the number one employer in the US, the small business owner, didn't fair so good. I pointed out this issue when the bill was being debated and now the numbers are in. The bill went up because deductions were taken away. So much for the tax cuts favoring the rich.
I'm shocked that you think you know more about my own taxes than I do....Just shocked.

Good grief man get over yourself.
rockport is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:22 AM
  #13  
Giant Nontypical
 
flags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CO Born but working in Athens, TX for now.
Posts: 7,769
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
I'm shocked that you think you know more about my own taxes than I do....Just shocked.

Good grief man get over yourself.
You do know you're talking about Mousey don't you?
flags is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 08:15 AM
  #14  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,129
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
I'm shocked that you think you know more about my own taxes than I do....Just shocked.

Good grief man get over yourself.
lol, no I know more about the historical tax code. I'm positive this isn't the lowest tax rate that you have ever paid. 100% guaranteed.

It is hilarious. you don't even know what rate you paid today. You're all proud and bragging you loaned the government money interest free and they paid you back That's what's really funny.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 04-01-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 10:50 AM
  #15  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,307
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
lol, no I know more about the historical tax code. I'm positive this isn't the lowest tax rate that you have ever paid. 100% guaranteed.

It is hilarious. you don't even know what rate you paid today. You're all proud and bragging you loaned the government money interest free and they paid you back That's what's really funny.
Oh make no mistake you are completely wrong. I know exactly what rate we paid...not only do I know I in fact have it documented in black and white facts and you are just talking straight out of your backside like usual.

Not that its any of your business but I didn't loan anybody anything I don't always know how much money I'm going to make or even how I'm going to make all of it or exactly what year I'm going to make it. Its a guessing game and I error on the side of them owing me money rather than me owing them money.

Last edited by rockport; 04-01-2019 at 10:53 AM.
rockport is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 11:44 AM
  #16  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,129
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Oh make no mistake you are completely wrong. I know exactly what rate we paid...not only do I know I in fact have it documented in black and white facts and you are just talking straight out of your backside like usual.

Not that its any of your business but I didn't loan anybody anything I don't always know how much money I'm going to make or even how I'm going to make all of it or exactly what year I'm going to make it. Its a guessing game and I error on the side of them owing me money rather than me owing them money.
In other words, you prefer to provide the government an interest free loan in order to get all excited that they pay you back in April. Your own money. Thank you for backing up my first statement.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 12:29 PM
  #17  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,299
Default

I know 2 small business owners, both are ECSTATIC about this years tax returns.
Bob H in NH is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 01:37 PM
  #18  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,307
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
In other words, you prefer to provide the government an interest free loan in order to get all excited that they pay you back in April. Your own money. Thank you for backing up my first statement.
If by other words you mean your ignorant words then yes but that is not what I said at all.
rockport is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 01:39 PM
  #19  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,307
Default

Originally Posted by flags View Post
You do know you're talking about Mousey don't you?
Yes, I can't really explain why I'm doing it though. Its pretty much exactly like trying to reason with a liberal.
rockport is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM
  #20  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,129
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
If by other words you mean your ignorant words then yes but that is not what I said at all.
it actually is what you said and as I correctly pointed out and its obvious to most intelligent people. When you get a refund come April 15 each year, you're getting your own money back in which you've overpaid. This overpayment is called lending the government money interest free.

The truth? You overpaid the government. That’s right. You lent the IRS your money – interest-free.
https://blog-taxact-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/blog.taxact.com/what-a-refund-means/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referre r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251% 24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fblog.taxact.com%2Fwhat-a-refund-means%2F

As I correctly pointed put, you've admitted to not really knowing what's going on
Fieldmouse is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.