Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public? >

Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public?

Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public?

Save for the investigation data of the Mueller report for the Southern District of New York...I firmly believe that the rest of the Mueller report be released to Congress and the public by April 2, 2019; as requested by the Dem's in Congress.

Thoughts???
Old 03-26-2019, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Agreed 100%. I do not understand the delay. Release it and stem the Democrat talking point.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Old 03-26-2019, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

It's called grand jury testimony with the assurances it won't be released to the public for consumption. A lot gets said and it's only one sided. No, the integrity of our system needs to be protected. White House just needs to say no.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

What we now need is a comprehensive investigation into the Obama administration's to find out exactly what did Obama know and when did he know it Clapper acknowledged Obama kicked off the whole investigations that lead to the Mueller probe.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
It's called grand jury testimony with the assurances it won't be released to the public for consumption. A lot gets said and it's only one sided. No, the integrity of our system needs to be protected. White House just needs to say no.
I could see the parts of the investigation used to obtain indictments from a Grand Jury being off limits. But I wasn't aware that the rest of the investigation had been run through a Grand Jury. Are you sure that every bit of the investigation and report was run through a Grand Jury?
Old 03-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I could see the parts of the investigation used to obtain indictments from a Grand Jury being off limits. But I wasn't aware that the rest of the investigation had been run through a Grand Jury. Are you sure that every bit of the investigation and report was run through a Grand Jury?
yes, from I understand much of it was grand jury stuff. I could be wrong. However, I think before releasing it, we are entitled to know why it began.
To this day, we don't know and based on testimony, they're hiding why. To date, we know it didn't begin with papadopoulos and we know their main document the dossier wasn't even verified because they knew it was false. So why give up a verified witch hunt findings?

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 03-26-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

The problem with is is that it is ILLEGAL! The entire report cannot be released because it is illegal to release info on people they declined to file charges on. Barr even notes this in his initial report when he notes:

the report contains material that is or could be subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6( e ), which imposes restrictions on the use and disclosure of information relating to "matter[ s] occurring before [a] grand jury." Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)(2)(B). Rule 6(e) generally limits disclosure of certain grand jury information in a criminal investigation and prosecution. Id. Disclosure of 6( e) material beyond the strict limits set forth in the rule is a crime in certain circumstances. See, e.g., 18 U.S.C. 401(3). This restriction protects the integrity of grand jury proceedings and ensures that the unique and invaluable investigative powers of a grand jury are used strictly for their intended criminal justice function.
But that won't mean anything to the LIBs like the OP will it.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Trump said it should be released. with that said why are the Republicans in the senate trying to keep it from being released? what are they afraid of? if Trump is as innocent as he says he is then there should be no problems. we as citizens of this country need to know if our government is corrupt and take steps to change it. if there is info in the report that has national security info in it , it should be left out or redacted. let the report be made public and let the people decide.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim View Post
Trump said it should be released. with that said why are the Republicans in the senate trying to keep it from being released? what are they afraid of? if Trump is as innocent as he says he is then there should be no problems. we as citizens of this country need to know if our government is corrupt and take steps to change it. if there is info in the report that has national security info in it , it should be left out or redacted. let the report be made public and let the people decide.
Are you officially BRAINDEAD? The GOP has called for it to be released. However in accordance with the existing federal law it is not up to congress, it is up to the DOJ and the DOJ has to operate under the federal law and that says they cannot release the entire thing. You do understand that right? I realize that you have had your panties in a twist over Trump since before the election but there are laws and guidelines for this sort of thing.

Here's a question: Have you bothered to read the letter the AG sent to congress? He cites the exact laws and guidelines he is required to follow. You LIBs seem to want to bend any law or regualtion to fit whatever your fancy is at the time. Don't you think it is time for all of you to grow up?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service