Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public? >

Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Should the Mueller Report be released to Congress & the public?

Old 06-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Oldtimr;4356660]
Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
"Inside the Mueller Report, a sophisticated Russian interference campaign"

Source: PBS Newshour - June 3, 2019

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-E3WoBFYg0

Have you ever had an original thought or sought information other than googling on the internet? I thought not! I have a news flash for you Skippy, you are the only person on this site who thinks you have the IQ as high as ...Deleted by CalHunter... You are the cut and past King, but the Emperor of nonsense! If you are the norm for the demonrat party, Trump will not even have to try to win in 2020.
Really??? Erno is the "cut and paste King"??? I wonder what the Mad Patriot would think about Erno???

I watched the analysis the Newshour did on the Mueller report, and thought that they did a good job... As a result of their report I have to eat Crow... I now believe that the Libs are wasting their time with their investigation of obstruction...
Old 06-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

"What came out of the Mueller report?
Here's what you need to know in 6 minutes"

Source: PBS Newshour - June 7, 2019

Link:

Old 06-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Lunkerdog;4356815]
Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post

Really??? Erno is the "cut and paste King"??? I wonder what the Mad Patriot would think about Erno???

I watched the analysis the Newshour did on the Mueller report, and thought that they did a good job... As a result of their report I have to eat Crow... I now believe that the Libs are wasting their time with their investigation of obstruction...
Actually Lunker, if you read Erno's post directly below this quoted post of yours, it's another cut and paste. Counting this post of mine, this topic is up to 103 posts. Just for grins, go back through the entire topic and see how many posts of Erno's contain more than 2 sentences of his own thoughts versus how many posts contain some cut and paste with 2 sentences or less. You may agree with Erno but that is a different matter. You may disagree with oldtimr (sometimes I disagree with him) but that is also a different matter. Although a link (or cut and paste) can be useful to show the topic or information one is discussing, we can all go to such links ourselves and read or watch the material. What makes this board unique and useful is when members post their own thoughts on why something is correct or not and then add their own take on the matter and what is a better analysis of the subject matter.

Put another way, we all know that the media is going to do a very shallow analysis of any subject if even that and that many members here have intriguing backgrounds and life experiences that help them analyze subjects and offer observations and analysis that we will never see on any media show. If the members put in the time and thought that is. When 90+% of somebody's posts are simply cut and pastes, quotes from media articles, etc., then they aren't really contributing much useful information to this board's discussions. Just Dem and media issued talking points and a bunch of links to shallow or nonexistent analysis.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=CalHunter;4356820]
Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post

Actually Lunker, if you read Erno's post directly below this quoted post of yours, it's another cut and paste. Counting this post of mine, this topic is up to 103 posts. Just for grins, go back through the entire topic and see how many posts of Erno's contain more than 2 sentences of his own thoughts versus how many posts contain some cut and paste with 2 sentences or less. You may agree with Erno but that is a different matter. You may disagree with oldtimr (sometimes I disagree with him) but that is also a different matter. Although a link (or cut and paste) can be useful to show the topic or information one is discussing, we can all go to such links ourselves and read or watch the material. What makes this board unique and useful is when members post their own thoughts on why something is correct or not and then add their own take on the matter and what is a better analysis of the subject matter.

Put another way, we all know that the media is going to do a very shallow analysis of any subject if even that and that many members here have intriguing backgrounds and life experiences that help them analyze subjects and offer observations and analysis that we will never see on any media show. If the members put in the time and thought that is. When 90+% of somebody's posts are simply cut and pastes, quotes from media articles, etc., then they aren't really contributing much useful information to this board's discussions. Just Dem and media issued talking points and a bunch of links to shallow or nonexistent analysis.
Mmm... Where to start... As for agreeing with Erno, or Oldtmr, I seldom if ever agree with Erno, and often agree with Oldtmr... That said, I saw someone who does a fair share of copy/pasting, calling out another that does a fair share of copy/pasting... Couldn't help but feel a sense of hypocrisy in that...

As for posts of two sentences or less... Most will/have noticed that most of my posts are very short... The reason for that for the most part is my lack of computer/typing skills... I was fairly late the the computer/internet world(2008) and had no need for typing skills before then, as a result of that, I tend to try and keep my posts as brief/concise as I can... Will also add that most of Oldtmrs posts aren't overly lengthy either...

Not saying that Oldtimers, or Ernos post are brief for the same reason mine usually are, but it is a possible explanation...

As for members here adding their own thoughts/ideas to any given subject, yes that's a great thing, but for some like me, it's just not as easy as it is for others...
Old 06-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

FWIW Lunker, I've always found that you tend to articulate why you believe what you believe fairly well. Some people have a talent for expressing themselves with a minimum of words and sentences. That doesn't make them any less insightful. Your posts tend to be about the subject and rarely seem to include links or articles instead of posting your thoughts and opinions. Your posts make me think about the subject or issue and consider things differently. Oldtimr does post a lot of links but they are mainly topic starters in the original post (OP) and followed with discussion, opinions and observations. Erno86 does post his opinions at times but a lot of the time he posts links to videos and articles instead of his opinion. Which is not quite the same thing. They are each free to post how they choose but those same choices play a big part in whether they are persuasive or even just deemed interesting.

Regardless of whether I agree with somebody or not, reading a well written and persuasive argument as to why I should believe something, even if it's different, is always interesting and often fun. I may or may not be persuaded but I at least get to see why they believe what they do and if lucky, get to discuss/debate it back and forth. Name calling and/or insults just tells me that somebody recognizes or at least thinks they're losing and doesn't have the grace or guts to tip their king gracefully.

Posting links can be helpful at times but more often aren't. Most video clips are usually of some talking head just repeating talking points that aren't even meant to convince anybody, just signal their respective party what the party talking points are. I rarely watch video links for pretty much this reason. If I wanted to watch somebody's propaganda, I could turn on the TV or find it somewhere on the internet. Links to written articles can be good if the author has done his/her homework and actually presents ideas, information, observations and evidence. Unfortunately, most journalists aren't true journalists and just repeat talking points instead of presenting ideas, information, observations and evidence. In short, they are neither thought provoking nor even much for entertainment. I do tend to look at a lot of links but if the article doesn't seem well written and genuinely adding something to the discussion (i.e. not more propaganda), then I close the link without reading the rest of the article.

I do read members' posts, however, as they often have a lot of original and thought provoking ideas, information, observations and evidence. Sometimes I find that I was wrong about a subject. Other times, I find the behind the scenes information to be especially enlightening as to why a particular subject or issue is being moved in a particular way. A lot of the time, I find a person's on the ground experience to be very interesting and useful. I learn and I grow on those occasions. As usual, your above post was short, pithy and thought provoking.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Dominant Buck

https://bongino.com/new-emails-show-...ma-state-dept/

Can someone please explain to me why Christopher Steele was working with the State Department as early as 2014 with the lead envoy to Libya and with Sid Blumenthal?

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 06-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.