Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Impeachable

Old 03-07-2019, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Impeachable

Leaving this here for posterity. A lot of folks here are saying, “To hell with the Constitution; we want our mob boss and serial felon!"

Powers of the President, [18 June] 1788

GEORGE MASON: “Now, I conceive that the President ought not to have the power of pardoning because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself,” Mason said. “If he has the power of granting pardons before indictment, or conviction, may he not stop inquiry and prevent detection?”

JAMES MADISON: "There is one security in this case to which gentlemen may not have adverted: If the president be connected in any suspicious manner with any persons, and there be grounds to believe he will shelter himself; the house of representatives can impeach him: They can remove him if found guilty: They can suspend him when suspected, and the power will devolve on the vice-president: Should he be suspected also, he may likewise be suspended till he be impeached and removed, and the legislature may make a temporary appointment. This is a great security “
Old 03-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Lol, Clinton isn't in office. He left and pardoned Marc Rich in exchange for hundreds of thousands of dollars. He can't be impeached twice.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Question, what happened to all this collusion stuff? Mueller has only found collusion between Hillary, Obama and the DNC. I thought last time you were here, you were so close to impeachment you have the House What are you waiting for?
Old 03-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just throw him fish, perhaps he will go away!
Old 03-08-2019, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let me guess, BabyFawn really didn't give any pertinent info or intelligent thought right? You can only file articles of impeachment for an offense committed while someone holds the office that fall under impeachment. Can't do it for anything that happens before or after the time period of office holding nor can you file them for anything that falls outside the accepted definitions of high crimes and misdemeanors, none of which applies to Trump. But that won't stop the LIBs from crying. Gonna be fun to watch him win in 2020.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Yup. You called it. All that college education wasted on lack of reading comprehension.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

are the two quotes opinions of 2 founding fathers used in debate, or are they how the law turned out?