Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Michael Cohen's testimony before Congress - Live >

Michael Cohen's testimony before Congress - Live

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Michael Cohen's testimony before Congress - Live

Old 02-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was a disaster and any democrats that refuse to acknowledge that are only hurting their own cause.

Doing this with the NK summit in full swing was a huge mistake IMO. It appeases the crazy lefties but everybody else (rational people) think its ridiculous.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find it fascinating the democrats are giving so much attention to a convicted felon, one whom has already been proven to be dishonest. Yet them and all the liberal talking heads act like everything he says is an instant conviction.

I've been a prosecutor for a little over a dozen years now. If I tried to convict someone based solely on testimony, much less the testimony of someone with a record like Cohen, these same liberals would label me a prosecutor gone rogue and be up in arms about how someone could be convicted with so little evidence. Especially if the accused was not present and was not entitled to a cross-examination, no rules of evidence were followed, and there was no actual trial. I would wager the term "mockery of justice" would be applied liberally and often. Yet, since these same individuals have a vendetta against President Trump, so rules of law don't apply and anything goes.

I also find the Florida Bar looking into taking action over a tweet laughable. Again, if this was against anyone but President Trump, we'd see a completely different result. Not to mention I was under the impression Cohen was an attorney, and one of the absolutely most sacred rules of conduct was not breaching attorney-client privilege. How many people would be comfortable with me deposing a defense attorney, him not claiming attorney-client privilege, and giving me very damaging information to use against his client, all without his client's consent? If this is now considered acceptable, may we start to look back on some of these democratic lawmakers records, see what attorney or attorneys may have represented them, then call them to testify on any matters we deem fit without having to worry about that pesky attorney-client privilege?

This dog and pony show is a waste of taxpayer money, is accomplishing absolutely nothing unless you count allowing breaching of attorney-client privilege, which is setting a very hazardous precedent.

Trump does things for his own benefit. And he is apparently not a completely wholesome character. I think that comes with the moniker "politician", as most of the people on both sides of the aisle have that same issue. I find it laughable the party responsible for Lyndon Johnson or any of the Clintons could accuse anyone else of being a crook with a straight face.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by North Texan View Post
I find it fascinating the democrats are giving so much attention to a convicted felon, one whom has already been proven to be dishonest. Yet them and all the liberal talking heads act like everything he says is an instant conviction.

I've been a prosecutor for a little over a dozen years now. If I tried to convict someone based solely on testimony, much less the testimony of someone with a record like Cohen, these same liberals would label me a prosecutor gone rogue and be up in arms about how someone could be convicted with so little evidence. Especially if the accused was not present and was not entitled to a cross-examination, no rules of evidence were followed, and there was no actual trial. I would wager the term "mockery of justice" would be applied liberally and often. Yet, since these same individuals have a vendetta against President Trump, so rules of law don't apply and anything goes.

I also find the Florida Bar looking into taking action over a tweet laughable. Again, if this was against anyone but President Trump, we'd see a completely different result. Not to mention I was under the impression Cohen was an attorney, and one of the absolutely most sacred rules of conduct was not breaching attorney-client privilege. How many people would be comfortable with me deposing a defense attorney, him not claiming attorney-client privilege, and giving me very damaging information to use against his client, all without his client's consent? If this is now considered acceptable, may we start to look back on some of these democratic lawmakers records, see what attorney or attorneys may have represented them, then call them to testify on any matters we deem fit without having to worry about that pesky attorney-client privilege?

This dog and pony show is a waste of taxpayer money, is accomplishing absolutely nothing unless you count allowing breaching of attorney-client privilege, which is setting a very hazardous precedent.

Trump does things for his own benefit. And he is apparently not a completely wholesome character. I think that comes with the moniker "politician", as most of the people on both sides of the aisle have that same issue. I find it laughable the party responsible for Lyndon Johnson or any of the Clintons could accuse anyone else of being a crook with a straight face.
They are not planning to convict Trump based on Cohens testimony. They are using him and his testimony to justify the over reach they are fixing to partake in and the whole thing was scripted by the Democrats for just that reason.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Thoughts? My thoughts are I am not about to watch a dog and pony show with an already convicted liar who already lied under oath. Once the first lie is proven there is no reason to believe anything else out of the liar's mouth. In addition, what pray tell does a scantily clad girl have to do with the convicted liar's testimony?
You can't take any testimony as "gospel" least of all someone who's been caught not telling the truth. But once it's weighed against known facts in can be included in the decision making process.

Myself, I'm slowly falling into the lets just wait and see how it ends camp.

ATB
Old 02-28-2019, 04:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
You can't take any testimony as "gospel" least of all someone who's been caught not telling the truth. But once it's weighed against known facts in can be included in the decision making process.

Myself, I'm slowly falling into the lets just wait and see how it ends camp.

ATB
while ignoring all the facts to dare. Still holding out hope that some how they will still get Trump I see.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
while ignoring all the facts to dare. Still holding out hope that some how they will still get Trump I see.
I can't imagine how you read that into any posts here. But by all means explain how you drew this conclusion.

ATB
Old 02-28-2019, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

While I didn't see it all, I did catch a lot of clips. I saw nothing new and nothing that Cohen said that will impact Trump. As a matter of fact he vindicated Trump because he clearly said there was no collusion which was the point of the entire investigation. He also stated that he had never been to Prague which brings the dossier into question. He never gave any documented and specific examples of Trump being a racist, con man or cheat but he claimed he is. You can call anyone on the planet a name or accuse them of anything but can you prove it? That's a different matter.

Cohen came off looking like an inept and sleazy lawyer. If he is the best the DEMs have then Trump has nothing to worry about.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
While I didn't see it all, I did catch a lot of clips. I saw nothing new and nothing that Cohen said that will impact Trump. As a matter of fact he vindicated Trump because he clearly said there was no collusion which was the point of the entire investigation. He also stated that he had never been to Prague which brings the dossier into question. He never gave any documented and specific examples of Trump being a racist, con man or cheat but he claimed he is. You can call anyone on the planet a name or accuse them of anything but can you prove it? That's a different matter.

Cohen came off looking like an inept and sleazy lawyer. If he is the best the DEMs have then Trump has nothing to worry about.
Collusion wasn't the point of the entire investigation. Collusion was a tool used to investigate anything and everything which is also what the Cohen testimony is. They led Cohen with strategic questions for which the answers will now be used to lead them down the path to investigate all the things they want to investigate. That is what the whole thing was about.

What we just saw with Cohen at the house level is pretty much the same thing that happens with Christopher Steele at the FBI level. Its a gateway that leads them where they want to go.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Y'all know that Al Capone was convicted on tax evasion. It's just what President Trump might be charged with.

And Cohen brought the receipts during yesterday's testimony.

Last edited by Erno86; 02-28-2019 at 12:34 PM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 02-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.