Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Gallup: Liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states >

Gallup: Liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Gallup: Liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states

Old 02-24-2019, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gallup: Liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states

Gallup: Liberals outnumber conservatives in only 6 states, down from 9.

by Paul Bedard February 22, 2019

The number of states where liberals outnumber conservatives has dropped more than 30 percent, with just six now in that category: Massachusetts, Hawaii, Vermont, Washington, New York, and New Hampshire.

According to the latest Gallup Survey, in every other state but California, where conservatives and liberals split 29 percent to 29 percent, conservatives lead.

Nationally, those who identify themselves conservative hold a nine-point lead.

Before conservatives start to cheer, Gallup said the gap used to be 21 points and a handful of the state numbers fall in the margin of error.

But the survey still shows a large swath of red and pink states bookended by the whole West Coast, New England, and the mid-Atlantic, including the Washington, D.C. area.

The only Midwest state shaded light blue, which signifies “less conservative than average,” is Illinois.

“The residents of most U.S. states are more likely to identify as conservative than as liberal in their political ideology. In 25 states, the conservative advantage is significantly greater than the national average, including 19 ‘highly conservative’ states in which conservatives outnumber liberals by at least 20 percentage points,” said Gallup.​​​

Food for thought.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just thought I should point out Mississippi has the highest % of conservatives. They have the worst economy and their number is 666.

Welcome back Flags I missed you.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

You're just jealous that you're down to only 6 states to live in. But now there's 3 more states I can retire to. Woohoo!!!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
You're just jealous that you're down to only 6 states to live in. But now there's 3 more states I can retire to. Woohoo!!!
I went out and had a look around Idaho/Eastern Washington. Spoke to a fellow who had moved there from Northern California. He said "This is HEAVEN". The funniest part was that most of the people we met were from Michigan, including the wildland firefighters.

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 02-25-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:25 AM
Dominant Buck

"Heaven" changes rapidly when people leave their cesspool locations and move in. Soon enough they make it the same as what they left behind. My state is like that now and my only solution was to move onto an Island to get away from some of that. People are pretty conservative around here but a short 45 minute drive away is Burlington which is the heart of the liberal hornets nest.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

I know how you feel. Sacramento is the same in my state. Go North of Sacramento and it gets pretty conservative aside from the coast.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I know how you feel. Sacramento is the same in my state. Go North of Sacramento and it gets pretty conservative aside from the coast.
One thing for certain...sooner or later that blue wave will creep north.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really has to be some sort of mental disorder. Its truly amazing how they can watch it fail, fail, fail across the board and never figure it out. They just keep screwing things up and promptly persuading something new to screw up with absolutely no self evaluation what so ever.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah you must see all that first hand being that close to Chi-town. Talk about a hornets nest.......
Old 02-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
One thing for certain...sooner or later that blue wave will creep north.
I know. The wife and I are already planning on moving out of state when she retires.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service