Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Want to end the Opiod epidemic? Legalize Heroin. >

Want to end the Opiod epidemic? Legalize Heroin.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Want to end the Opiod epidemic? Legalize Heroin.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
16 year old IShe died taking non-prescription Mexican tranquilizers. .
Have you considered, it is the person's fault for the bad choices? Teenage taking illegal drugs.

Last edited by Berserker; 02-27-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Berserker View Post

I am tired of the people who need it, that can't.
That sounds like an argument FOR legalizing it. Then anybody that needed/wanted it could get it

-Jake
Old 02-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The problem is the people who need them. I realize it is your mom, so maybe not to clear.

Do you let people suffer because some people can't take care of themselves? Me? No.

It is to the point where it is hard to get normal docs to write scripts. So you drive up the costs for people who need them. Some places give small amounts. Not everyone lives in a big city, or can get to the doctor weekly.

We could ban fatty foods, alcohol, cars that go fast, not to mention guns.
It is, sure enough, a conundrum. I can't relate much, the few times in my life when I needed serious pain relief they had to go to alternatives. I can't take Opioids, they never have figured out if I have a true allergy or I'm just super sensitive. Twice, around six years apart, I stopped breathing after being prescribed opioids. Once in the hospital and once at home.
My basic philosophy is I don't take anything that isn't absolutely necessary. Other people seem to have a lot lower tolerance for pain or a lower tolerance for discomfort and IMO tend to seek to be pain-free and/or chase the feel good. It can turn into the snake eating its own tail.
I still think legalizing Opioids isn't the answer. closer monitoring and better protocols may be necessary.
My youngest son is a junky of sorts, he is a type 1 diabetic, has been since he was 3 years old. Too little insulin and he gets sick, too much, coma and possible death. He has been good with it for many years (he is 33 now), he still needs a prescription and monitoring.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you considered, it is the person's fault for the bad choices? Teenage taking illegal drugs.
Kids are going to do stupid stuff. And my philosophy has always been that the goal is that stupidity shouldn't be terminal. You try to protect them when you can. Legalizing dope seems counterintuitive to me. It may help some, it may damage many more.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny story about that, I ran a crew building a high rise building. Our job was to get all the piping from a poured floor through the next level before they poured that floor. Guy came to work half stoned. Told him to take off and go home, he got belligerent, he wanted to get paid for blundering around the job site getting in the way. A few of us grabbed him and tied him to a girder. End of shift we let him go, he went down to the offices and filled a complaint. When asked about what happened, I told them their offices were right under where he would have fallen, he would have gone through the roof then you and him would have gone through the floor. I never heard another word about it.
IMO we need as few stoners as practical, legal or illegal. The world is dangerous enough without adding any more variables.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I am not advocating legalizing. But you do have to take personel responsibility. The opoidiod epidimic will end, and we will be on to the next drug in a few years. It is closely monitored now, so people can't doctor shop. There is an awareness now too, I would think But it is a social problem, we are always going to have something. We had herion, it went away, then crack, then it went away, then pills and herion came back.

Opoids are not the demon they are made out to be. Millions of people took them for a long time. Little old ladies were taking them for arthitis, with out an issue. I do think it is good that we have monitoring system. But we have increased the cost of health care by making people go to pain docs every 90 days, in what used to be just a yearly visit to your doctor. Not every opoid is going to get you hooked on the first people. Its not herion.

Tieing somebody up is how you end up in federal prison for kidnapping. So who is the smart guy there? You can't deal with a person in a responsible manner? You couldn't get an adult to help you? You should have spent you time in jail for that, seriously Lost your right to own a gun. Assuming someone with that kind of judgement can still own a gun. One felony and you lose it.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tieing somebody up is how you end up in federal prison for kidnapping. So who is the smart guy there? You can't deal with a person in a responsible manner? You couldn't get an adult to help you? You should have spent you time in jail for that, seriously Lost your right to own a gun. Assuming someone with that kind of judgement can still own a gun. One felony and you lose it.
Some stoner staggering around a job site 200 feet off the ground, no walls and floors with man-sized holes all over, building materials stacked everywhere, cranes lifting and dropping heavy loads, the floor covered in a spider web of electrical cables and lifting equipment.

And your solution is to call someone else to take care of your immediate problem, probably get him arrested and fired.

If you aren't the solution you are part of the problem. Some of us have to be daddy instead of calling daddy.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Some stoner staggering around a job site 200 feet off the ground, no walls and floors with man-sized holes all over, building materials stacked everywhere, cranes lifting and dropping heavy loads, the floor covered in a spider web of electrical cables and lifting equipment.

And your solution is to call someone else to take care of your immediate problem, probably get him arrested and fired.

If you aren't the solution you are part of the problem. Some of us have to be daddy instead of calling daddy.
You were not daddy. You didn't deal with it, you just stuffed him a closet and closed the door. Again lucky you can still own again legally, if you can.

Should have been removed from the job site. If you were scared should have gotten help. I don't think removing him, is passing the buck. Restraining him is one step from doing nothing. Should have dragged him off, so you wouldn't have to deal with him again, got him off the job site.

If as dangerous as you say, you should have gotten him off the job. I wouldn't want to work with him.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-28-2019 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Flamewar
Old 02-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is only one smart punk here, and it isn't him. What he and his crew did probably saved the life of a drugged up miscreant. By the time the police arrived on the scene the idiot could have been spread all over the ground. The law does allow for self help when it is necessary. I suggest, you get over yourself!
Old 02-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

...Deleted by CalHunter... I am not against doing something. Though maybe the story is a little embelished. I just can't see leaving guy tied up all day.

Guy is unsafe get him off the site. He was not so scared that he couldn't tied him up. Should have dragged him off. This sounds more like a practical joke.

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-28-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: The "embellishment" was deleted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.