Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Odds we get a wall >

Odds we get a wall

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Odds we get a wall

Old 12-18-2018, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Odds we get a wall

Seems like now or never we get a wall on the southern border and Trump keeps his campaign promise. Not sure if he has the votes.

I do believe he will proceed with the partial Government shutdown unless a deal is scored prior. I think the odds are 70% that he gets the requested 5B for the wall.

I just don't understand why the majority of the country wouldn't be behind funding a wall. Compelling arguments have been made why a wall is needed.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

$5B is less than 4/10th of 1% of the Fed budget. Rather a pittance. Heard an economist on the radio this morning saying the DEMs really have no reason to withhold this very minor amount for any reason besides politics. In the end I think trump wins on this because it was a campaign promise and he can make it appear as though the DEMs are willing to sacrifice the security of out borders for a lousy 4/10th of 1% of the budget. There have been accounting errors that cost the taxpayers more than that and as soon as the next illegal alien kills or rapes someone Trump can and should pull that card and play it!

Besides Chuckles and other DEMs voted in favor of a border security act in 2006 that required constructing barriers. But they never built them. If barriers were a good idea in 2006 then why are they not a good idea now? Nobody has asked Chuckles that question on camera and they should.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I saw liver lips Schumer on the news this morning sticking his face out with that smirk he always wears running off at the mouth. I would just love to knock that smirk across the street.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

We shall see if Trump's red line this time is a real or just another head fake.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't think he will get the funding. Doubt the dems will give in and not sure America will look favorably at a government shutdown just before Christmas.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:34 AM
Spike

After the illegal caravan debacle I do believe the majority of the country is now behind Trump in regards to the wall and believe the Dems will be shooting themselves in the foot with this insane stance
Old 12-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
We shall see if Trump's red line this time is a real or just another head fake.
He certainly did make a red line no doubt about that. He admitted that if there was a shutdown he would own it. It sounded pretty tough to me but I am not sure the Democrat leadership are capable of giving in on this one. When you give ultimatums you better have all the backing behind you. If he goes through with it and America freaks out it will not be good for his image. I would love to see the Dems vote to fund the wall. Only 5 billion which is a figure they never blinked on before for funding their own agenda. Unfortunately this might be the Dems line in the sand.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

I realize the liberal press has a one-sided agenda. So, finding a podium heard by the masses is not easy. As Flags pointed out, the requested wall funding is an insignificant piece of the entire budget. The Democrats are fighting it because #1 It is Trumps campaign promise, and #2 Mexicans and illegals are a huge Democrat voting block.

I cannot fathom why no one in the Trump circle is preaching the irony of the Democrats from the highest mountain with the largest megaphone. There are enough media channels to at least get it started. Done correctly, the mainstream media will have no choice other than airing the segments. Using undisputed facts, the effort would further damage the Democrat Party if not destroy it. One will need a strong backbone to carry the backlash of PC, racism, and all other ism's warriors.

The established politicians are stalling until 2020 while praying to get things back to "business as usual" at that time. Same reason Comey, Hillary, Obama, Holder, and the rest of that ilk will skate.

p.s. I just read two congressmen were accompanying a group of asylum seeking immigrants through Mexico. They do not care about the US of A as we know it. Sad. Fix the US of A first.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

They should not be allowed back into the US and should have their passports confiscated to make sure they do not. Let them go back to central America with the riff raff.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-18-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

We won't get the wall funding, there will be not shutdown. WH is already saying they have "other legal" ways to fund it. My guess is they are blowing smoke, if not, they will grab money from somewhere which will then be challenged.

I don't buy that most of the people want the wall. and regardless of how much of a percent it is, $5B is, or at least sounds like, A LOT OF MONEY

Market is to fragile right now, like a yo-yo.

I actually think Trump has less than 20% chance to get the wall before re-election time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.