Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Kavanaugh is a No Vote >

Kavanaugh is a No Vote

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Kavanaugh is a No Vote

Old 12-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Kavanaugh is a No Vote

Well, his first test is in and he failed. Kavanaugh voted no to hear the case regarding states ability to defund planned parenthood. Not a good sign for things to come. After all, who is trusted with spending and making those decisions?

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.o...n%2Findex.html
Old 12-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Justice served...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

at least all the liberals and Democrats announced how wrong they were - didn't they ?
Old 12-11-2018, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77 View Post
at least all the liberals and Democrats announced how wrong they were - didn't they ?
Justice Kavanaugh's legacy on the Supreme Court is not over yet; even though Justice Roberts also voted 'no' on the same measure.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Tangent, I did find it funny Time was considering Ford and that pic with her hand raised, for person of the year. I called it, that they would nominate her.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Time does state they pick somebody based on influence, not popularity, etc. Having said that, I think they lost a lot of credibility after they picked Hitler one year. I read the above quote from this year's Time selection and their writing standards have obviously gone way downhill.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hitler did have a big effect. They chose many people without morals. Not all of them were democrats either.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, I heard a counter argument today regarding the decision not to take it up. This has to do with federal spending and not state spending. I haven't looked into it but as explained, you open a can of worms with places like CA who get directed on how they spend their federal dollars. I saw cut everyone's federal money across the board
Old 12-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have spent about 30 seconds on this, so by no means knowledgeable. But in general you can't pass laws, based on what you like. That is what liberals do.

But, he said, the cases are not about abortion rights, but only about whether individuals may sue to challenge decisions by states to withdraw funding from Planned Parenthood clinics.

Then Medicaid patients could sue when, for example, a state removes their doctor as a Medicaid provider or inadequately reimburses their provider.”

“These cases are not about abortion rights. They are about private rights of action under the Medicaid Act,” said Justice Clarence Thomas.