Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks >

Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Old 11-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Ok, Mr Pro Gun is getting ready the sign an Executive Order banning bump stocks. If you own one, you will have 90 days to destroy it or turn it in. I wonder how much compensation the administration is going to pay the owners for their bumpstocks?
Old 11-29-2018, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Ok, Mr Pro Gun is getting ready the sign an Executive Order banning bump stocks. If you own one, you will have 90 days to destroy it or turn it in. I wonder how much compensation the administration is going to pay the owners for their bumpstocks?
Probably nothing. They did the same thing here in Vt and after the ban took affect said all bumpstocks could be turned in no questions asked to any police agency in the state. They didn't get any. I don't know how many are in the state but that flawed law created by the liberal legislature and signed into law by our RINO Governor Scott made an untold number of criminals in the state. Overheard from our statehouse....Step 1 gun control complete.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've noticed Trump, and I'm guessing his advisers, pandering more and more to the herd. IMO this is a slippery slope, where do you draw the line trying to pander to idiots and start using common sense?

My logic is, anybody with a room temperature IQ can think up a hundred ways to commit mass murder. Bump stocks IMO being pretty far down the list. I guess (sarcasm) passing a law negates the possibility of some nut case just moving on to plan B.

I could give a hoot less about bump stocks, but any pandering to "no minds" makes my sphincter tighten, leaves me wondering where this is headed and where does it stop?

I watched a commentator on CNN the other day saying a four star General walking around a war zone with an M-4 rifle sent the wrong message. I really don't know whether to bust out laughing or just shake my head in disgust.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bump stocks are the low hanging fruit in gun control. Something few even care about therefore an easy thing to ban as an initial step. I had never heard about them until the Vegas shooting. Every small step is one closer to their goal. Every nut case shooting opens the door to action by liberals intent on taking our guns away.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

throwing the anti-gun zealots a bone

bump stock ban will impact gun violence zero

and

its creating literally tens of thousands of criminals because people are not going to turn them in - probably will create a nice black market too
Old 11-29-2018, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Even Trump's biggest cheerleader before the election has become disillusioned: "Trump will leave no legacy whatsoever. Without a wall, he will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble." - Ann Coulter.

I appreciate the SCOTUS appointments but, beyond that, my opinion remains that he is a bombastic, belligerent, bellicose, babbling buffoon.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yet he is still much better than the other choice! And the one before him.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Overall...it's better for a shooter to learn how to shoot rapid fire with a semi auto, than to rely on some store bought contraption like a bump fire stock. Same goes for full auto machine gunners.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Banned

He was fine with raising age to buy a long gun until 21, after the florida shooting. He is NY liberal in general.

You can argue this accomplish nothing. You can argue it does try to circumvent the spirit of the law though. Which I think is where it needs to be debated legally.

Does crack me up a little when they say what are you going to do ban belts. When you get caught with something, it is all about how it is being used. If they make it illegal, then having a belt rigged up will increase the penalty. Just almost every crime has something else that stiffens it.

I don' think this is going to accomplish anything. While I have never tried it, I am sure you figure out how to convert some weapons to full auto if you want to, easy enough. Different there is being caught with it is a big deal. Here you can just take the belt off the gun.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:37 PM
Banned

I got a pen and a phone.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service