Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks >

Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump Prepares To Sign Executive Order Banning Bumpstocks

Old 11-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

And I know what you can do with both of them and that is not aimed at Trump!
Old 11-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Its embarrassing to know the Obama administration declared they didn't violate the law and the Trump administration claim they now do. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in court since Congress hasn't outlawed them
Old 11-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

You can argue 2nd A makes all guns legal. But the reality is autos are illegal. So legally you have to decide if this violates the spirit of the law. Some will say, it is no different than just pulling the trigger really fast.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

And some those who do will be right the letter of the law relates to whether or not the trigger must be pulled each and every time. The answer is yes, without a doubt.

I've seen someone with a six shooter fire quicker there I don't need to pull the trigger each time
Old 11-29-2018, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Its embarrassing to know the Obama administration declared they didn't violate the law and the Trump administration claim they now do. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in court since Congress hasn't outlawed them
Was wondering when someone was going to bring up that they were basically approved(Declared not subject to regulation) by the ATF in 2010 during BHO's admin... Which leaves me to wonder FM?... If BHO's ATF can for a lack of a better way to put it, "give them a pass"... Why would it take an act of Congress to outlaw them?... Have to admit that I'm not the most politically educated person here... Also am not sure about any previous legislation by Congress in regard to bump stocks... Just wondering why Congress would need to be involved in this?

Wondering why one admin can give them a pass, why can't the next revoke the pass?

Also wondering about any Congressional actions in the past on bump stocks?

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 11-29-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
Even Trump's biggest cheerleader before the election has become disillusioned: "Trump will leave no legacy whatsoever. Without a wall, he will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble." - Ann Coulter.

I appreciate the SCOTUS appointments but, beyond that, my opinion remains that he is a bombastic, belligerent, bellicose, babbling buffoon.
Welcome back. We razzed the crap out of you in the Off Season about your birthday. Didn't even get a rise out of you.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Welcome back. We razzed the crap out of you in the Off Season about your birthday. Didn't even get a rise out of you.
LOL. Been busy hunting deer and working, so haven't had much free time to spend here. I'll check out the Off-Season.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Bump stocks are the low hanging fruit in gun control. Something few even care about therefore an easy thing to ban as an initial step. I had never heard about them until the Vegas shooting. Every small step is one closer to their goal. Every nut case shooting opens the door to action by liberals intent on taking our guns away.
I agree! Bump Stocks are the low hanging fruit! I might be wrong as to the popularity of bump stocks, but I doubt that anyone would get rich selling them, and few would miss them if they were gone!
That being said, I would not give the anti's an inch, much less a bone! I wouldn't even give them my grandsons nerf gun! The anti's will nickle & dime gun owners to death! Starting with the least popular gun items, until the tipping point is reached and then they'll come for the big guns too!
I don't agree with Trump on this, but he has been a better friend to gun owners than anyone else since Ronald Reagan!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan View Post
I agree! Bump Stocks are the low hanging fruit! I might be wrong as to the popularity of bump stocks, but I doubt that anyone would get rich selling them, and few would miss them if they were gone!
That being said, I would not give the anti's an inch, much less a bone! I wouldn't even give them my grandsons nerf gun! The anti's will nickle & dime gun owners to death! Starting with the least popular gun items, until the tipping point is reached and then they'll come for the big guns too!
I don't agree with Trump on this, but he has been a better friend to gun owners than anyone else since Ronald Reagan!
What he said but especially the emboldened part.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

The banning of bump stocks is a slimy slope. Soon they will ban your favorite duck gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.