HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   For those who think Global warming is hype! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/419654-those-who-think-global-warming-hype.html)

Oldtimr 11-15-2018 10:16 AM

For those who think Global warming is hype!

You aren't wrong.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...warming-study/

Erno86 11-15-2018 11:10 AM

I'm not believing that quack link for a second...

Oldtimr 11-15-2018 11:17 AM

Of course not, leftists can't stand the truth!

JagMagMan 11-15-2018 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4346729)
Of course not, leftists can't stand the truth!

Lefties only believe what they want to believe, mostly lies over the truth! Global warming, and other "sky is falling,"

Alsatian 11-15-2018 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4346728)
I'm not believing that quack link for a second...

Will you believe it when the prestigious scientific journal that published the original paper publishes the correction they have promised to make?

Alsatian 11-15-2018 04:08 PM

These kinds of errors are common in the human-caused global warming propaganda. This supposed to be science, but science is all about quantifications and numbers, and they make a whole lot of errors with their numbers. Let's be clear. It ain't science. Global warming is one thing; the theory of human beings causing global warming is another distinct subject. The support for the theory that human beings are materially contributing to global warming is very shaky, but you'll never hear that story in the media. What a surprise. The media doesn't tell the truth about a whole heck of a lot of things. This is just one more instance. Warming: yes. Warming caused by human beings: just a poorly supported conspiracy theory.

Oldtimr 11-15-2018 04:12 PM

The biggest part of the problem is those that set up the computer model to to show the result they want it to show. The old saying garbage in equals garbage out applies.

JagMagMan 11-15-2018 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4346751)
The biggest part of the problem is those that set up the computer model to to show the result they want it to show. The old saying garbage in equals garbage out applies.

Good point OT. The company I used to work for once mothballed a multi-million dollar production unit for 4 years due to a misplaced decimal point on the financial sheet!
The point is, mistakes happen, even stupid, costly mistakes happen, but when they actually program in phony calculations to get the answers that they want, that's not a mistake! It's a LIE!

flags 11-16-2018 06:48 AM

Here's the big picture:

According to geological core samples the earth has gone through approximately 2 dozen periods of ice age. That is significant in this discussion because this means the earth has both cooled down to the point of beginning an ice age and them warmed up to the point of ending an ice age numerous times. And, it did this all naturally with no interference from man. Think about that for a minute. The climate on this rock has ALWAYS been changing.

So far there has not been any definitive scientific proof that shows that man is solely to blame for any change nor is man able to influence any such change. What you have are theories that can be neither proven nor disproven. Any questions?

Gm54-120 11-16-2018 11:25 AM

When people think of ice ages they normally assume it was all "pre-historic". When in reality it is very well documented in Europe. The Thames was even frozen over many times. In some cases upto a documented 14 weeks straight. One of the reasons France became such a wine producer was for 100s of years it was simply too cold (seasons too short) in northern countries None of this is speculation. Many hundreds of thousands of Europeans saw it and many of them died during these cold snaps. Famine was wide spread. While not a true ice age this cooling trend lasted for several hundred years AFTER a warming period that took place far before any man made industry could have caused it.

So what caused the warm period prior to the 1300s because it sure wasnt us. What caused this warm period to turn into a very long period of sever cold?.....It sure wasnt us.

Oldtimr 11-16-2018 11:50 AM

Yeah, but the left needs someone to blame so they can come up for a punishment for imagined transgressions. You know idiotic things like buying fuel use credits among other imbecilic ideas. I am convinced they don't even believe what they are trying to sell, it just fits their agendas of controlling every ones lives.

flags 11-16-2018 11:51 AM

Now, one of the paper’s co-authors, Ralph Keeling has gamely fessed up to the error — and hinted that this effectively invalidates the paper:

“Unfortunately, we made mistakes here,” said Ralph Keeling, a climate scientist at Scripps, who was a co-author of the study. “I think the main lesson is that you work as fast as you can to fix mistakes when you find them.”

The central problem, according to Keeling, came in how the researchers dealt with the uncertainty in their measurements. As a result, the findings suffer from too much doubt to definitively support the paper’s conclusion about just how much heat the oceans have absorbed over time.

The central conclusion of the study — that oceans are retaining ever more energy as more heat is being trapped within Earth’s climate system each year — is in line with other studies that have drawn similar conclusions. And it hasn’t changed much despite the errors. But Keeling said the authors’ miscalculations mean there is actually a much larger margin of error in the findings, which means researchers can weigh in with less certainty than they thought.

“I accept responsibility for what happened because it’s my role to make sure that those kind of details got conveyed,” Keeling said.
So one of the guys that did the study is publicly saying it is in error but one of our resident "geniuses" can't accept it? Not surprised.

Lunkerdog 11-16-2018 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gm54-120 (Post 4346818)
When people think of ice ages they normally assume it was all "pre-historic". When in reality it is very well documented in Europe. The Thames was even frozen over many times. In some cases upto a documented 14 weeks straight. One of the reasons France became such a wine producer was for 100s of years it was simply too cold (seasons too short) in northern countries None of this is speculation. Many hundreds of thousands of Europeans saw it and many of them died during these cold snaps. Famine was wide spread. While not a true ice age this cooling trend lasted for several hundred years AFTER a warming period that took place far before any man made industry could have caused it.

So what caused the warm period prior to the 1300s because it sure wasnt us. What caused this warm period to turn into a very long period of sever cold?.....It sure wasnt us.

An explanation?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/16/a-min...-cold-8146529/

Gm54-120 11-16-2018 12:36 PM

The cooling trend lasted for around 700 years depending on the data you want to believe. Thats a very long time for just sun spots and its something we really can not document for certain. Instead of just looking here on Earth we need to pay closer attention to Mars. Its completely impossible we are having any effect on Martian polar caps ect but we do have everything needed to monitor them.

Erno86 11-17-2018 10:08 AM

October 10, 2018- "U.N. SAYS CLIMATE GENOCIDE IS COMING BUT ITS ACTUALLY WORSE THAN THAT"

source: http://www.un.org/en/sections/issues...limate-change/

Oldtimr 11-17-2018 10:39 AM

More wind whistling through the emptiness! Cut and paste nothingness.

Ranger77 11-18-2018 05:25 PM

as I've always said .... 10,000 years ago, there was ice in Ohio
in the 1400's, Europe had a mini ice age
in the 1960's the fear was global cooling

the earth changes - man trashes it, but doesn't impact the cylces

archeryrob 11-24-2018 03:21 AM

If you want to cheer yourself up, think of these guys trying to cool the planet now. Then start reading about the Grand Solar Minimum of 2030 and predictions. We are already starting to cool of heading towards it.

Oldtimr 11-24-2018 04:17 AM

Shhhhhhh, you will scare the liberals and they may wet their beds!:D

Alsatian 11-24-2018 05:15 AM

"Most men are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities and often are more influenced by things that seem than by those that are." from The Discourses by Niccolo Machiavelli.

Indeed, on the subject of Global Warming, people are more influenced by things that seem than by those that are.

Most people don't think very well. I mean, their mental processes do not work right. They add 2 plus 2 and come up with 5 or -1. They are extremely susceptible to logical fallacies. Again . . . most people don't think very well.

On the subject of global warming it makes ALL the difference whether warming is caused by human beings or is not caused by human beings. Several of the posts above point out that there have definitely been numerous previous episodes of global warming in our planet's history that WERE NOT human caused. So, our press and Hollywood and politicians are obligated to make the case that current warming is caused by human beings and not due to non-human natural causes. They never do this. They have a theory that "greenhouse" gas emission causes planetary temperatures to rise, but over the last two decades the mathematical correlation between increasing concentration of greenhouse gases and global temperatures does NOT support that theory. They are floundering about trying to change the data -- in essence -- to make it fit their theory, rather than adapting their theory to fit the data. They don't like the data, so they CHANGE the way they take their measurements. I'm not making this up. They also like to play with the definition of "normal" temperature. What IS the definition of "normal" temperature when we only have a short history of recorded temperature measurements? What is "normal" temperature when you exclude the "little ice age" from 1230 AD to 1800 AD? Some people say we are still "climbing out" of the little ice age, and in fact this accounts for the "global warming" that is observed.

To my mind the strongest evidence of public fraud on this topic of "human caused global warming" (anthropogenic global warming -- AGW) is the numerous incidents of obvious errors on the parts of scientists. They are NOT operating as dispassionate searchers of knowledge. They have a predetermined result that they are working towards. This is shown by the consistency of the errors -- the errors are not randomly distributed as they would be if they were merely good faith errors.

Erno86 11-24-2018 07:05 AM

I wasn't surprised, but very disappointed...when President Trump recently spread the classic hype of poo-pooing human caused global warming --- (tweeting, "Whatever happened to Global Warming?") --- for the first cold snap in the North Eastern United States this fall.
:action-smiley-099:

"With the latest U.S. climate study grimly warning in direct language, the 1,656-page assessment laying out the devastating effects of a changing climate on the economy, including record wildfires in California, crop failures in the Midwest and crumbling infrastructure in the South. Going forward, American exports and supply chains could fall to 1980's levels by mid-century and fire season could spread to the Southeast, the report finds.

All told, the report says, climate change could slash up to a tenth of gross domestic product by 2100, more than double the losses of the Great Recession a decade ago."

MudderChuck 11-24-2018 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4347336)
I wasn't surprised, but very disappointed...when President Trump recently spread the classic hype of poo-pooing human caused global warming --- (tweeting, "Whatever happened to Global Warming?") --- for the first cold snap in the North Eastern United States this fall.
:action-smiley-099:

"With the latest U.S. climate study grimly warning in direct language, the 1,656-page assessment laying out the devastating effects of a changing climate on the economy, including record wildfires in California, crop failures in the Midwest and crumbling infrastructure in the South. Going forward, American exports and supply chains could fall to 1980's levels by mid-century and fire season could spread to the Southeast, the report finds.

All told, the report says, climate change could slash up to a tenth of gross domestic product by 2100, more than double the losses of the Great Recession a decade ago."

I have no issue with the concept of global warming, I've lived long enough I've experienced it happening. The river near by used to freeze completely over multiple times a year. Now it freezes partially maybe twice in ten years. My Apple trees bloom a month to six weeks earlier than they did decades ago. The leaves fall off of my Walnut tree later than they did decades ago. These events have some variance year to year but the trend is definitely up, at least in my lifetime.
The part I have issues with is mans influence on the whole process. Face it the earth has been warming since the last Ice Age. If man does have some influence on the warming trend, why do the powers that be seem to want to ignore many of the man made influences on global weather that IMO may have more impact than the emissions of my lawnmower.
They have been clearing vast areas of tropical rain forests for agriculture and I do mean vast. Slash and burn agriculture is not a small issue. Search NASA for crop burns or similar searches. What happens every year for slash and burn agriculture makes the Paradise fire look small. At certain times of the year the south of Russia and India Žlooks like one big fire from space.
Next point, the microorganisms in the Ocean are pretty much our sole source of free oxygen in the atmosphere. Separating the carbon and the oxygen from CO2 then turning the carbon into carbonates that sink to the ocean floor releases bonded Oxygen. Why isn't the system regulating? It has always been a self regulating cycle, what is upsetting the cycle and is there anything man is doing that is upsetting it? I'm sure there are variables I'm not addressing, like ocean temperature, but producing man made CO2 should be self regulating. Algae blooms deplete oxygen and seem to be on the rise. they say from agricultural runoff. Point is mankind does have an impact on the atmosphere, but in reality hammering on CO2 and industry seems like worrying about a flaming trash can in a house fire.

Some of the most ardent climate change radicals I know (all democrats) are heavily invested in renewable energy stocks. CO2 may be a factor, but IMO a factor not the factor.

The governmental boondoggles and poorly thought out policy and legislation aren't really helping any. In the fifty years I've watched, many power plants were forced to changeover from Coal to heating oil, to natural gas. back to Coal, then back to natural gas ad naseam. Somebody got really rich buying stock in out of favor energy sources and then cashing in when the flavor of day changed. Almost like the market is being manipulated using the public sentiment of the moment to drive the market, almost like a plan to get rich.:) They always have a list of good reasons to change, but you really have to wonder if the tail isn't wagging the dog.

Another boondoggle here was diesel motors for passenger cars, there was a big governmental push for everybody to run out and buy Diesel cars. They even gave tax breaks and discounts. They said Diesel is more efficient and will lower overall fuel usage, produce less CO2 and burned cleaner than gas motors (this is where I really smelled a rat). The first big thing after everybody bought Diesels was soot pollution and everybody had to retrofit with soot filters. The next big thing was that Diesels produced less CO2 but produced too much NOX. Now everybody is required to retrofit to control NOX. Politicians are driving the agenda and/or the engineers are fools.

Thankfully for the government most of the citizenry has a short memory, As many times as I'v been indirectly played and manipulated by government you really can't blame anyone for being a global warming skeptic.

MudderChuck 11-24-2018 11:01 AM

In the last couple of years I've spent $15,000 on a new heating system that is CO2 compliant. The old one was working just fine and had been for decades, but it wasn't CO2 compliant. I'm working on the second retrofit for my car to make it pollution and exhaust compliant, my cost around $1500. Just had to toss my wood burning stove (cast iron built to last for generations) for a newer pollution and CO2 compliant model, my cost $1000 (retail $1700).

So $17,500 I spent is going to stop global warming? I remain skeptical. Especially when you figure in the energy use of manufacturing, fuel used for delivery and the people to install this stuff.

I honestly think re regulating emissions is being used as a tool to drive industry, reinvent the wheel every few years to keep industry humming. Soooo, save the planet by lowering CO2 emissions by forcing people to buy new gizmos that increase manufacturing output.:hit:

Erno86 11-24-2018 11:04 AM

A lot of guys just throw-up there hands and say that their is no way to stop global warming --- "So why fight it?"

I believe humanity can slow down global warming...but the overall cure --- imho --- is an economy based on fusion power technology. It's feasible...but we have not figured out the ways and means for fusion power technology at the present time --- So we must think and put into practice other feasible technologies that will help climb us out of this mess --- before we have past the "point of no return." --- If we've not passed it already.

MudderChuck 11-24-2018 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4347361)
A lot of guys just throw-up there hands and say that their is no way to stop global warming --- "So why fight it?"

I believe humanity can slow down global warming...but the overall cure --- imho --- is an economy based on fusion power technology. It's feasible...but we have not figured out the ways and means for fusion power technology at the present time --- So we must think and put into practice other feasible technologies that will help climb us out of this mess --- before we have past the "point of no return." --- If we've not passed it already.

I say good luck with that. After Fukushima, here the Green party and the earth firsters screamed until the government promised to phase out nuclear power. They shut down many nuclear plants and put most of the rest on shutdown deadlines. They completely ignored the fact that France is something like 90% reliant on nuclear power and upwind from here.:hit:
Then they built thousands of wind turbines in the north sea. And then figured out they don't have the power grid in the right places to handle the extra input. The Greens and the others campaigned against cutting down trees to improve the power grid. So then they decided to bury the cables, now for some reason there are protesters against burying the lines. In the mean time they need more coal for power, so they opened up large swaths of forest to cutting to put in new strip mines. The CO2 crowd, Greens and Earth Firsters are protesting this. I guess when the lights go out they will protest no lights.

It has been my experience well before any sort of comprehensive plan can be implemented the politicians pander to some new group or the other and the old plans are never finished. Knee jerk politics.

Germans used to be famous for planning, management and engineering, those days are long gone. A combination of short sighted political will, poor planning, poor implementation, constantly changing regulations and all around incompetence turns most of these initiatives into the gong show.

When idealism meets reality, reality will win every time.

Oldtimr 11-24-2018 12:32 PM

Hey Erno, what cause global warming the times it was here on earth and there were no people or power plants or vehicles that burned fossil fuel? It happened before and it will happen again when the cycle of heating and cooling happens. Another symptom of liberalism is thinking they can cure everything of they just can get people to buy the blame game. It would be nice when the next cooling cycle happens that the leftists had gotten rid of their winter clothing because they believed the hype no one will give or sell them any, and they all freeze as hard as ice!

C. Davis 11-24-2018 01:41 PM

I just wish they would come right out and tell me how much they need to raise my taxes, say what I can drive, tell me how to live, and tell me how not to live so I can control nature.
All I get right now is that if I vote for a Democrat, I can save the world.

C. Davis

Oldtimr 11-24-2018 01:53 PM

I am sure you know if you voted for a demorat, you would be sorely disappointed. In fsct if they ever get the majority in both the house and Senate and have the President, we can kiss or con try goodbye as we know it. and I think it would result in a civil war. If so the left would be in for a proper azz kicking!

CalHunter 11-24-2018 05:26 PM

They do tend to change their minds a lot and act like they never changed. First Al Bore was saying global freezing. Then it was global warming. He still owns a huge mansion with numerous pollution complaints and flies everywhere on a big private jet. Definitely not big on integrity.

C. Davis 11-24-2018 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by CalHunter (Post 4347388)
They do tend to change their minds a lot and act like they never changed. First Al Bore was saying global freezing. Then it was global warming. He still owns a huge mansion with numerous pollution complaints and flies everywhere on a big private jet. Definitely not big on integrity.

Algore couldn't get away with that if progressives weren't dumber than dirt.

C. Davis

Lunkerdog 11-24-2018 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4347378)
I am sure you know if you voted for a demorat, you would be sorely disappointed. In fsct if they ever get the majority in both the house and Senate and have the President, we can kiss or con try goodbye as we know it. and I think it would result in a civil war. If so the left would be in for a proper azz kicking!

Well... Just for arguments sake(Sometimes I have to do that)... What you stated above actually happened just 10 short years ago. In fact the Dems had a super majority in the Senate...

Not saying that I'm happy with the results of the first 2 years of BHO's admin(Or the last 6 years), but the world didn't end, and there was no Civil War...

Will add that as a result of BHO's admin, the tide turned in 2016... Like it or not, BHO gave us our our current President as a result of backlash towards him...

Oldtimr 11-25-2018 03:35 AM

I know that, however I am speaking about now, when the demorats have gone absolutely insane with anger about the Hag losing the election. They aren't going to get more sane anytime soon. They are in get even mode and will be for a long time because they have no moral compass and I would not be surprised if it comes to a fight in other places besides the senate and house chambers.

JagMagMan 11-25-2018 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog (Post 4347392)
Well... Just for arguments sake(Sometimes I have to do that)... What you stated above actually happened just 10 short years ago. In fact the Dems had a super majority in the Senate...

Not saying that I'm happy with the results of the first 2 years of BHO's admin(Or the last 6 years), but the world didn't end, and there was no Civil War...

Times have changed dramatically in the last 10-20 years! 20 years ago, if you were a gun owner trying to warn others about the anti-gun grabbers, many of our own people scoffed that you were just paranoid! Today, gun ownership is a threatened species!
Thanks to the klintoons, RINO's and especially obozo, we are NOT the same country that we were 10 years or so ago! The left has gone far-left and are betting the farm on taking complete control of America. That "Super Majority," is not the same as back then either! If the dummycraps ever get that "Super Majority" again, they will NOT EVER let it go again! By whatever means necessary! So, don't kid yourself, remember once the Constitution is gone, it's probably gone forever!

MudderChuck 11-25-2018 03:19 PM

No matter whether you think global warming is man made or not, the politicians, the investors, the lobbyists and industry is going to try milk the situation for every dollar they can. One thing that drives skepticism is everybody with a scheme is going to try and cash in on the situation.

C. Davis 11-26-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4347448)
No matter whether you think global warming is man made or not, the politicians, the investors, the lobbyists and industry is going to try milk the situation for every dollar they can. One thing that drives skepticism is everybody with a scheme is going to try and cash in on the situation.

That's all true, but I think the real reason for this "man made" crises is to transfer money. Instead of the rest of the world adopting personal responsibility and capitalism, they are using the climate change issue to fleece capitalism and pay for their out of control socialism.
It is an assault on freedom. The irony is that the young socialist wannabees in our country will trade all of their freedom for the right to pick whatever gender they want to be, and a little bit of dope.

C. Davis

elkman30 11-26-2018 02:04 PM

They call it dope for a reason. :biggrin:

Oldtimr 11-26-2018 02:05 PM

This above! Why do you think the UN is so involved? Just another way to fleece the US.

dhasemann 11-27-2018 02:25 PM

Man made global warming is about economics and turning air into money. Nothing more. The elitists pushing global warming are going to make tons of money out of thin air by forcing the rest of us to pay them.

Erno86 01-03-2020 06:18 AM

"Paul Krugman: 'Apocalypse is the new normal, and that's happening right in front of our eyes.'

The 66-year-old Krugman goes on to assert that Australia's wildfires are only one of the many recent disasters that underscore the perils of climate change.

Moreover, Krugman writes 'Florida as a whole will eventually be swallowed by the sea' and 'much of India will eventually become uninhabitable.'

'Donald Trump and his friends are doing everything they can to create more such disasters,' Krugman emphasizes: 'For the truth is that Trump's environmental policy is the worst thing he's doing to the world. And voters should know that.'"

Source:

http://www.alternet.org/2020/01/paul..._notifications

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/op...australia.html

Fieldmouse 01-03-2020 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4367911)
"Paul Krugman: 'Apocalypse is the new normal, and that's happening right in front of our eyes.'

The 66-year-old Krugman goes on to assert that Australia's wildfires are only one of the many recent disasters that underscore the perils of climate change.

Moreover, Krugman writes 'Florida as a whole will eventually be swallowed by the sea' and 'much of India will eventually become uninhabitable.'

'Donald Trump and his friends are doing everything they can to create more such disasters,' Krugman emphasizes: 'For the truth is that Trump's environmental policy is the worst thing he's doing to the world. And voters should know that.'"

Source:

http://www.alternet.org/2020/01/paul..._notifications

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/op...australia.html

the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Have you notice the new predictions are now stretching out decades? This is so when they're wrong, they're dead and gone by then. I noticed you mentioning you fished some of the same jetties I've fished for decades. If the seas are rising, why am I still able to fish the same jetties today?