HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   For those who think Global warming is hype! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/419654-those-who-think-global-warming-hype.html)

Erno86 01-03-2020 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse (Post 4367915)
the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Have you notice the new predictions are now stretching out decades? This is so when they're wrong, they're dead and gone by then. I noticed you mentioning you fished some of the same jetties I've fished for decades. If the seas are rising, why am I still able to fish the same jetties today?

You and I probably won't to be able to fish those same jetties...when or if the rest of the Antarctic ice shelves collapse, sending rivers of glacier icebergs into the ocean.

"What a 'Sobering' Report on Arctic Ice Loss Means for Global Sea Levels"

"Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate. How much will sea levels rise?"

Fieldmouse 01-03-2020 10:03 AM

I'm not worried at all about fishing those jetties. I've been doing it for decades while all these predictions have been wrong.

Erno86 01-03-2020 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse (Post 4367931)
I'm not worried at all about fishing those jetties. I've been doing it for decades while all these predictions have been wrong.

I also assisted in survey construction work...on the first Ocean City, Maryland beach replenishment (Great Lakes) dredge project.

You can thank me the next time you go surf fishing there.:party0005:

Cub Slayer 01-03-2020 10:47 AM

Are you an expert in climatology or nuclear fusion, Erno. Make up your mind.

Oldtimr 01-03-2020 11:00 AM

Google expert on everything there is to know about everything. What the gloom and doomers fail to say or understand is, this isn't the first time the earth went through a warming cycle and then a cooling cycle and it will not be the last. There were no automobiles or factories or people during some of those cycles to blame it on and there are no people, automobiles or factories on Mars and it is going through a warming cycle as well. We sure as blazes are not affecting the weather on Mars! Global warming of earth is not science, it is politics foisted on the public by liberal scientists with an agenda!

Erno86 01-03-2020 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer (Post 4367934)
Are you an expert in climatology or nuclear fusion, Erno. Make up your mind.

Uh...er...both actually.:happy0001:

Erno86 01-03-2020 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4367935)
Google expert on everything there is to know about everything. What the gloom and doomers fail to say or understand is, this isn't the first time the earth went through a warming cycle and then a cooling cycle and it will not be the last. There were no automobiles or factories or people during some of those cycles to blame it on and there are no people, automobiles or factories on Mars and it is going through a warming cycle as well. We sure as blazes are not affecting the weather on Mars! Global warming of earth is not science, it is politics foisted on the public by liberal scientists with an agenda!

Go ahead...keep stoking the fires --- See what repercussions it will have on us all.

Oldtimr 01-03-2020 11:20 AM

Not to worry, unlike you I do not buy into the hype and subterfuge going on to lower our standard of living so we are in as bad shape as the rest of the world and anyone who does is bereft of the ability to have a cognizant thought.

Cub Slayer 01-03-2020 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4367936)
Uh...er...both actually.:happy0001:

Don't take it personally, I just get miffed when people not familiar with the subject point to all sorts of promises of fusion power (and Thorium, for that matter) that are either unproven or flat-out B.S. It sounded like you claimed that we have overcome the barriers to the commercial implementation of fusion power. That claim is nonsense.

C. Davis 01-03-2020 11:37 AM

As soon as someone tells me the what the planet earth's supposed temperature is supposed to be, I'm not falling for any of it.

C. Davis