Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A criminal act? >

A criminal act?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A criminal act?

Old 11-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A criminal act?

Can't get my head around why police are investigating this... Poor judgement? Perhaps... What crime has been committed? Can anyone elaborate?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/baraboo-s...ng-nazi-salute

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin...164553032.html
Old 11-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You forget this is now the Peoples Republic Of Wisconsin. Where having fun, even in poor taste is verbotten. And where we are the height of political correctness.

There wasn't a crime committed here. Unless you are of the highly offended class of stupid.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
You forget this is now the Peoples Republic Of Wisconsin. Where having fun, even in poor taste is verbotten. And where we are the height of political correctness.

There wasn't a crime committed here. Unless you are of the highly offended class of stupid.
One of the things that is bothering me is "The assumption of intent". As of the time that I initially posted, there was no clear reason as to the intent of these students... Yet it would seem that the "PC Police" are trying to claim a clear intention...
Old 11-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
One of the things that is bothering me is "The assumption of intent". As of the time that I initially posted, there was no clear reason as to the intent of these students... Yet it would seem that the "PC Police" are trying to claim a clear intention...
Maybe the photographer said, "Now I want all of you to show me how tall you want to be when you grow up?"

I think the old military phrase "are you really that stupid or just all ate up with the dumb act" applies.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Maybe the photographer said, "Now I want all of you to show me how tall you want to be when you grow up?"

I think the old military phrase "are you really that stupid or just all ate up with the dumb act" applies.
Was in the peacetime Army from 82 to 85.Not familiar with the phrase... Wasn't part of my brief time...

My question is Why are the local Police investigating this?,Whatever the intent...ain't seeing a crime...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 11-12-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Was in the peacetime Army from 82 to 85.Not familiar with the phrase... Wasn't part of my brief time...

My question is Why are the local Police investigating this?
Paraphrased a bit, there was numerous variations on the same theme back during the draft.

I have no idea why it would be a police issue, maybe under some hate speech statues? Best guess is the lefties will go to any extreme to lead the dialog. But heck now on days if a six year old points a finger and raises a thumb they are expelled and somebody calls the cops.

My questions would be, if it is actually what it appears to be, was it just a dumb stunt, or maybe backlash from overbearing and excessive speech and thought control? Rebellion is fairly common in youngsters.

I think "ate up with the dumb act" is applicable and relevant.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

The 2nd article had more info. The first article was a fluff piece.

In the 2nd article, it mentioned different things that make you wonder.
1. School officials said the picture wasn't taken on campus or any school property. Not sure they would have any jurisdiction on that.
2. This was a Junior Prom picture of apparently all the males who went to the prom. Normally proms are held at schools. Makes me wonder if the first statement was true.
3. School officials declined to answer whether they knew about this picture in advance or previously. Hmmmm.... When they decline to answer questions and/or give incomplete statements, there's usually more backstory.
4. One student present in the picture confirmed that the photographer requested the students give the nazi salute. That would tend to confirm that it was a nazi salute and not something else. Interesting that the photographer's name and his/her studio name is not mentioned. That would probably create quite a backlash and appropriately so.
5. The police said they are assisting the school with their investigation. None of the above would necessarily justify the police in investigating unless there's some issue/law and contributing to juvenile delinquency, etc. (not sure of the laws in that state). The way the police were mentioned sounds like the school is trying to cover their tracks.

There's probably more to this story. There usually is. Dumb HS pranks sometimes merit the involvement of the police. Most of the time they don't. As MudderChuck accurately opined, "rebellion is fairly common in youngsters."
Old 11-13-2018, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Much ado about nothing.

One of the things that comes to my mind is the silly pose that young women take where they stick their tongues out to the side of their mouths. I'm not sure what this is supposed to represent, but to my mind it suggests extreme licentiousness. Now who would conclude finally that all young women who do this are nymphomaniac whores? No, they are joking. They are assuming a personae. Why are they assuming that personae? I don't know, but I have the intelligence to know they really are not sincere. Do we REALLY think those students are ascribing to Nazi-ism and all the implications that go along with it? Do we REALLY think those students are well enough informed of history to appreciate and understand what Nazi-ism is? Of course not.

This is just silly schiesse.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not very intelligent but being stupid isn't a crime. If it was every LIB in the nation would be under lock and key.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cal, around here many of the Proms are no longer held at the schools.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.