Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
the California bar shooting >

the California bar shooting

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

the California bar shooting

Old 11-11-2018, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default the California bar shooting

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/t...ornia-bar-reports-say/9MF4A9fun5DzEK1wZZTxiJ/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...thousand-oaks-bar-victims-today-a8624221.html

when the VAST majority of the population, in California,
is severely restricted from carrying personal defensive arms, when your anywhere,
like in COMMIEFORNIA, with GUN FREE ZONES, you make it far FAR easier to massacre, the defenseless sheep.
if even only 5%-10% of the crowd was armed(concealed carry)
I doubt the attacker would have had the opportunity to reload and continue killing un-armed victim's
the libs will be screaming for gun control, as usual,
they never grasp the idea,
what saves lives is allowing the few SHEEP DOGS to learn defensive skills,
and have the means too actually protect themselves, and the sheep, when threatened,
sheep are too stupid to see the difference between wolves that would gladly kill them, and sheep dogs that protect them

with dozens of patrons in the bar,
if it was legal to carry concealed the shooter would potentially face,
a far higher risk,of several people providing the rest with protection.

what the libs fail to accept is the fact that there is and always will be,
the small group of violent and insane members in any large group,
disarming the VAST majority,
of the 5%-10% of the population,
willing to act as, SHEEP DOGS,
willing to protect the sheep,
, just makes them far more
vulnerable to the few WOLVES
and THERES ALWAYS WOLVES
Old 11-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

But if you have a CCW you can not carry in a bar anyway, correct?????"
someone will bring up the idea that you can,t carry concealed in a bar!
well the answer depends on how the state concealed carry laws written ,
several states allow carry in bars, some allow carry in bars if you don,t drink any alcohol.
most don,t ban concealed carry in a restaurant that may serve beer, wine, and alcohol
some ban carry , most people I know don,t carry if they are drinking, but do if they are just having lunch in a restaurant that might serve alcohol
especially if they are not drinking.
(personally I think most people are reasonable and would consider the conduct and threat and ignore prosecuting,
a concealed carry person who was stopping a massacre, and ignore someone who stopped a insane shooter with his concealed carry pistol, as violating a law fine points.)
almost all the adults MALE AND FEMALE , here in florida I know carry most of the time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concea..._United_States

http://www.solerslacklaw.com/Crimina...Law.aspx#where carry

Tennessee is one of four states, along with Arizona, Georgia and Virginia, that recently enacted laws explicitly allowing loaded guns in bars. (Eighteen other states allow weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol.)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

On a side note: There is evidence that the massacre bar shooter in California was mentally ill way before he served in Afghanistan. Now...going about proving it --- is no simple matter --- because some violent prone mentally ill people are going to always to fall through the cracks in the system of purchasing and possessing a firearm --- legally or by some other means.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

The one, common denominator in just about every one of these shootings, (other than guns were used,) is that after the fact, the shooters were always, "on someone's radar!"
That's really nice to know! It would be even nicer to know that they were stopped BEFORE innocent blood was shed!
Criminals and crazies will always be with us, and they will ALWAYS find a way to acquire guns! Some of the criminal/crazies, are not crazy enough to pick on ARMED targets!
"LAWS," have never, and will never stop these people bent on killing! Gun laws, and even out-right, total gun bans will not solve the problem! In fact, it will only make it worse!
Old 11-12-2018, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan View Post
The one, common denominator in just about every one of these shootings, (other than guns were used,) is that after the fact, the shooters were always, "on someone's radar!"
That's really nice to know! It would be even nicer to know that they were stopped BEFORE innocent blood was shed!
Criminals and crazies will always be with us, and they will ALWAYS find a way to acquire guns! Some of the criminal/crazies, are not crazy enough to pick on ARMED targets!
"LAWS," have never, and will never stop these people bent on killing! Gun laws, and even out-right, total gun bans will not solve the problem! In fact, it will only make it worse!
I fully agree with your last paragraph. Where there is a will there is a way. I can think of dozens, if not hundreds of ways to cause mayhem. Firearms IMO are actually pretty low on that list.
Recent attacks have been everything from vehicles to pressure cookers.
Truthfully, I always kind of resented being allowed to run through the countryside with armored vehicles loaded with tons of ordnance, a whole lot more lethal than small arms. And then when I came home being told I can't be trusted with a sidearm.
I grew up in another time, but actually pretty darned close to where this shooting happened. Less than a half hour drive on surface streets. It wasn't all that unusual to walk into a watering hole and see a couple of guys with pistols on there belts. IMO it tended to keep the clientele civil and didn't promote violence, just the opposite. An armed society is a polite society.
I personally think the politicians that yell the loudest are those that fear assignation, and then the lemmings join in. And my next thought is I wonder what they are up to that makes them so fearful?
Being a motorcycle rider, I always figured my biggest worry was some woman in a large car putting on her make up while she drove, some trucker not seeing me and changing lanes or some guy driving way beyond his abilities. I always wore full leathers, helmet, boots and gloves and I carried a pistol .
Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Dominant Buck

What I keep seeing is mass shooting taking place in a soft target. Schools, churches and night clubs where guns are prohibited seem to be the common denominator. I understand that the latest shooting in 1000 Oaks there were 6 off duty LEO's there all unarmed. In my case I just don't go anywhere that doesn't allow me to carry...plain and simple.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by targethunter View Post
California is a very famous place for hunting. When you want to go hunting in California you should get a permit before join your hunting trip. Thanks for sharing about California.
BS. CA is not a famous place for hunting and the fact you put that word in a hyperlink means you're peddling something. SPAM.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

picture yourself and the wife in that bar when some nut comes in shooting ,
would you rather dive to the floor and hope he runs out of ammo,
or changes his murderous intentions .. before he gets to you,
OR
would you prefer to have several people in the bar, who had arms,
concealed carry, along with yourself being armed and firing back?...
think about the chances of surviving cowering under a table or running for an exit in a crowd of panic sheep,
vs having a couple random armed , and at least semi skilled people confronting the physco,
with a hail of return fire directed directly at the assaulting nut job at point blank ranges.

if you can,t knock all the pins off a table in under 5 -7 seconds, with a glock 45 or 10mm you need practice
hell even my wife can hit a human silhouette target at 7 yards consistently,
Ive shot enough bowling pin matches to know thats ridiculously simple even under stress,
and Id vastly prefer to go down shooting than butchered un-armed and helpless

Last edited by hardcastonly; 11-12-2018 at 08:28 AM.