Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Steel Tariffs  Costing Ford 1 Billion >

Steel Tariffs Costing Ford 1 Billion

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Steel Tariffs Costing Ford 1 Billion

Old 11-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Trump isn't even discussing what you're calling reality. Steel tariffs aren't targeted at any one country. They're across the board and even hitting our closest allies. Is Canada going to attack us in the near future? Trump said he wanted a better trade deal called NAFTA but keeps these tariffs in place against Mexico and Canada so I'm not sure what discussion of reality you want
Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Trump isn't even discussing what you're calling reality. Steel tariffs aren't targeted at any one country. They're across the board and even hitting our closest allies. Is Canada going to attack us in the near future? Trump said he wanted a better trade deal called NAFTA but keeps these tariffs in place against Mexico and Canada so I'm not sure what discussion of reality you want
You truly are every bit as obtuse as the common liberal.

I didn't say anybody was going to attack us.

We are negotiating, we will find out if the tariffs were a good idea and you will probably be wrong like usual when the dust clears.

The context is that the tariffs are a negotiating tactic not a stand alone solution. Until you are willing to accept that fact you are just wasting every bodies time.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
You truly are every bit as obtuse as the common liberal.

I didn't say anybody was going to attack us.

We are negotiating, we will find out if the tariffs were a good idea and you will probably be wrong like usual when the dust clears.

The context is that the tariffs are a negotiating tactic not a stand alone solution. Until you are willing to accept that fact you are just wasting every bodies time.
huh? You brought up war and attack and China yet now claim you didn't? Then you go on to attack me again. Yet, you claim to want to have an adult conversation.

now that you've proven yourself wrong, answer my questions. Is it good Ford is losing 1 billion in profits? Are you happy 18k GM workers are getting the boot?

I'm never for bigger government and higher taxes. Apparently for you, it only depends if the guy doing it has an R after his name. Hmmm, sure is the MO of liberals around here. Pissed off whatever an R does and happy whatever a D does. Can never have an adult conversation. Just gloss over any details like your above statement. No matter how bad the facts posted, I will have to wait and see instead of discuss facts. Meanwhile, I will duck, bob, weave. Hollywood made a movie about you Vince Vaughn was the star.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ah another post from you that I find not worth reading past the first sentence. Grow up already.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
ah another post from you that I find not worth reading past the first sentence. Grow up already.
why do you even comment on ANYTHING? You just said you have no clue on tariffs good or bad no clue if anything will work. Yet you claim you wanted to have an adult conversation now you end it with grow up already. Just another attack.

hint, do a little research on the topic otherwise don't waste your time posting the drivel you just did over and over again. Obviously my questions are way too tough for you to understand government picking winners and losers is never good. It's bad that Ford is losing a billion dollars. It's bad 18k GM workers are losing their jobs. It's a sad day when a fellow American can't understand that stuff.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

why do you even comment on ANYTHING? You just said you have no clue on tariffs good or bad no clue if anything will work. Yet you claim you wanted to have an adult conversation now you end it with grow up already. Just another attack.

hint, do a little research on the topic otherwise don't waste your time posting the drivel you just did over and over again. Obviously my questions are way too tough for you to understand government picking winners and losers is never good. It's bad that Ford is losing a billion dollars. It's bad 18k GM workers are losing their jobs. It's a sad day when a fellow American can't understand that stuff.
Sorry, but Ive already grown bored with your nonsense.

I'll check back later and see if you have decided to grow up
Old 11-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with that Rocky. I am afraid that leopard can't change it's spots.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Good luck with that Rocky. I am afraid that leopard can't change it's spots.
I'm a conservative CI not an independent. I don't look for the popular chow line. I believe in less government not more government. I'm for lower taxes not more. It's a pretty simple concept. Government isn't the answer. it's the problem
Old 11-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You would think that ranger but that's not what's going on. Trump slapped the tariffs on and the steel industries raised their prices to match it. I'm pretty sure in this article it states, US has the highest steel prices in the world now. They already controlled the majority of the market place. Most of our steal already came from the US.

slap this new trade agreement in place and increasing the amount of American made parts and irregardless of whether the worker is worth 16 an hour, forcing companies in Mexico pay more for labor, why have trade at all? These policies were rejected by Republicans when Democrats implemented them. How many on here say get rid of the minimum wage? Do they now support $15 and hour here at home. I bet they would if Donald proposed it. Dangerous

then steel usage falls, and so with it will steel prices

supply and demand right ?
Old 11-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77 View Post
then steel usage falls, and so with it will steel prices

supply and demand right ?
no, not supply and demand. Tariffs block competition and freeze innovation. Why improve if government guarantees your profitability?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.