Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Guards at every public gathering >

Guards at every public gathering

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Guards at every public gathering

Old 10-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Banned

Default Guards at every public gathering

Absolutely insane to hear ***Deleted by CalHunter***say that it was their own fault in PBurgh because they didnt have a guard. Swat team had 4 guys taken down. So, did the synagogue need 6 guards behind a baracade for Saturday sabath?

He can not be here when we have a REAL problem that threatens our whole country. Can't even handle a shooter or ***Deleted by CalHunter*** How could you possibly think he is the King leader of your party.

Disappointing to think that this guy is that the GOP wants?

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-28-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Rules 1 & 3--Increased his 1-year ban to 2 years.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

There is no blanket answer to all these rogue shootings. The only thing that makes sense to me is for people like myself to use any and all means LEGALLY available.to protect oneself along with property. From my way of thinking I can't trust that anyone can properly protect me from insane or criminally minded people. There are no guarantees in life but at least I will have a fighting chance which is more than any of those poor people in the synagogue.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Preconceptions are funny things. A guard is basically a trip wire, someone to give the warning and can be a deterrent. Definitely not a cure all, just part of a comprehensive plan. The old saying, when seconds count the Police are minutes away, comes to mind.

Even armed guards have very limited abilities, just thinking about firing at some bad guy in a crowd gives me the willies. And heaven help him (or her) if the guard misses and hits an innocent bystander, the people like you with unrealistic expectations are going to judge him or her.

Sometimes stories can give a person a taste of reality, a new perspective. I laid under a pickup truck and watched a nut case slaughter over twenty people and shoot over forty total. Watched him blow a kid off his bicycle. I usually carried, but was just returning from Mexico and didn't want to take the chance of getting busted with a firearm at the border. I was laying prone and had a shot at around 45 feet, a shot I'd make 99% of the time. I sure wouldn't have saved everybody but could have saved somebody. It took SWAT an hour to get there.

The guy that trained me was kind of a crude type but had a lot of wisdom. If you don't have a firearm and ammo, the only alternative you have is to stand there with your dong in your hand and yell bang, bang, bang. He also said you are never in real trouble as long as you have options, real trouble is when you run out of options.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 10-28-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's the price we all pay for mentally ill being allowed to live freely and for too often felons who are let loose by a lax judicial system allowed to live freely

liberals are very very big on not punishing people .... those people come back and haunt us all don't they ?
Old 10-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
Absolutely insane to hear ***Deleted by CalHunter***say that it was their own fault in PBurgh because they didnt have a guard. Swat team had 4 guys taken down. So, did the synagogue need 6 guards behind a baracade for Saturday sabath?

He can not be here when we have a REAL problem that threatens our whole country. Can't even handle a shooter or ***Deleted by CalHunter*** How could you possibly think he is the King leader of your party.

Disappointing to think that this guy is that the GOP wants?
I realize you're gone for a couple years but wouldn't have got much of an answer anyways. Like MudderChuck said, an armed guard is a tripwire of sorts but he/she also serves another purpose. If a whackjob wants to kill somebody and is choosing between a synagogue with an armed guard and one without, most of them are prolly gonna choose the synagogue (church, etc.) without the armed guard. Trump's way of saying it may sound insensitive to you but then most of your posts sound incredibly insensitive and tone-deaf to me.

A lot of churches are using church members who are off duty cops for this very reason. It may not work perfectly and you may end up needing 6 or even more armed guards but even having just a single armed guard reduces the risk at least slightly and provides an opportunity to save some lives. I also realize that such a though isn't what a Dem wants to hear when they're dead set on not wasting a tragedy but it's actually quite correct. Just look at MudderChuck's example. If Mudder had been armed, he could have taken out the whackjob and the # of people murdered could have been reduced.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Speaking of Will's belief that an armed citizen can't make a difference, here's yet another example of Will being wrong just the next day. The video at the link is also quite good.

Alabama McDonald's gunman killed by armed dad, who is injured in shootout

By Edmund DeMarche, Ryan Gaydos
Fox News
A dad eating with his kids fatally shot masked gunman at the fast food restaurant.

A brave dad armed with a pistol stopped what could have been a mass shooting Saturday inside an Alabama McDonald's when he took down a masked gunman who had stormed in and opened fire. The unidentified father was leaving the establishment with his sons when a masked man walked into the Birmingham fast-food restaurant and started shooting, WBRC-TV reported.

The father returned fire and, during the ensuing shootout, the gunman, the father and one of the man's teenage sons were struck, according to the station.The gunman, who was not identified, later died of his injuries. The other two injuries were not considered life-threatening.

Markus Washington, one of the McDonald's employees, told WBRC-TV he was making two quarter-pounders when bullets started to fly. Washington said he ran into the freezer, where he heard about 15 shots fired.“I’m feeling grateful,” he told the station. “Wrapping my head around it all, I was just wishing someone would come wake me up from this nightmare.”

Washington, oblivious to the shootout taking place outside the freezer door, feared the worst. “All we hear is like different gunfire, so in my mind, I’m imagining everybody is dead. He’s looking for us,” he said. Washington added he was thankful the armed customer was there.

" Wrapping my head around it all, I was just wishing someone would come wake me up from this nightmare."

— Markus Washington, McDonald's employee
“He’s my hero. Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed. We might not be here having this interview,” Washington said.

The father is not expected to face charges, police said. Authorities are now working to determine if the gunman intended to rob the restaurant, was targeting an employee or planned something more nefarious.

“Things like this are difficult for both families. The gentleman who unfortunately lost his life, the teenage boy who is in the hospital recovering from his injuries and the father who is also recovering from his injuries,” Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Bryan Shelton said, according to WVTM-13. “It's not easy being a father and watching your child get injured, get hurt like that. It's a really heartwrenching experience."
Edmund DeMarche is a news editor for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-m...ed-in-shootout

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-29-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Editing, fixed the video link
Old 10-29-2018, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

The armed citizen...stories I always enjoy reading.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, had the Alabama gunman known that someone was armed, I'm sure he would have picked another McDonalds!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is actually a very valid and good topic

why do we have the problems we have in society right now when a very few go violent ?

I still say removing mental institutions and lax prosecution and jail time leads to this - so many are repeat offenders and often the mass shooters are known mentally ill ..... but Democrats will fight to the end that those mentally ill should roam the streets freely and that prison isn't solutions and slap on the wrists are

they're wrong and IMO what we see right now is the fruits of what liberals demanded
Old 10-29-2018, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Speaking of Will's belief that an armed citizen can't make a difference, here's yet another example of Will being wrong just the next day. The video at the link is also quite good.
Tho I always enjoy reports like this one, there are a couple of things about this one that are nagging at me...

First there was this quote... " The gentleman who unfortunately lost his life,"... Now I know that an LEO spokesman has to follow a certain protocol, but IMHO the guy was definitely no gentleman... He was a criminal, and potential murderer...

Second, I'm wondering when this happened? I wonder because thus far I've not heard a peep about this from the mainstream media, and wonder if I will? We all know that if the criminal had killed a bunch of people during this incident the mainstream media would be reporting about it for days/weeks, and every Liberal politician out there would be exploiting in in their call for more "gun control!!!

Just had to get that off of my chest... End of rant...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-29-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.