Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Fortune 100 starting to feel the pain >

Fortune 100 starting to feel the pain

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Fortune 100 starting to feel the pain

Old 10-26-2018, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
so now you're all for welfare payments? You do know there are only two ways to pay for them right? Maybe you didn't learn that in CFO school
Will did say he got paid on the EBT.

C. Davis
Old 10-26-2018, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I don't see any pain. Typical October stock market and was planned for by most investors. Saying see I told you so is like saying see the sun came up..I told you so.
So typical that investors all went short in September and now are flush with earnings. I think that is the kind of story #45 might tell you but 12 months now with NOTHING in the markets is a real tell about how the wonderful give give give to the rich and now steal from the poor and elderly is working out. Now they take your 401(k) money.

I will have to do some PUT research and see just how much your theory of everyone planned for this works out. The only way you won this year is if in January you bought Puts and had the guts to hold on.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you kidding, Mr fake CFO!! I did very well in the market this year. If you didn't perhaps you look for another fake job.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
So typical that investors all went short in September and now are flush with earnings. I think that is the kind of story #45 might tell you but 12 months now with NOTHING in the markets is a real tell about how the wonderful give give give to the rich and now steal from the poor and elderly is working out. Now they take your 401(k) money.

I will have to do some PUT research and see just how much your theory of everyone planned for this works out. The only way you won this year is if in January you bought Puts and had the guts to hold on.
Investments utilizing puts and calls might be something a younger investor might use but that doesn't have a place in a retirement portfolio geared for safe returns with little risk. Diversification using REITS, mutuals both domestic and international, bonds as well as some precious metals along with plenty of cash makes for a vehicle to generate a measured return and still provide a hedge against a market drop. I no longer look for a 10 to 12% return since I don't need that possible volatility when drawing 4% and living very comfortably. My money guy says I won't spend it down in my lifetime which is all I can ask for.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Investments utilizing puts and calls might be something a younger investor might use but that doesn't have a place in a retirement portfolio geared for safe returns with little risk. Diversification using REITS, mutuals both domestic and international, bonds as well as some precious metals along with plenty of cash makes for a vehicle to generate a measured return and still provide a hedge against a market drop. I no longer look for a 10 to 12% return since I don't need that possible volatility when drawing 4% and living very comfortably. My money guy says I won't spend it down in my lifetime which is all I can ask for.
Sounds like a great strategy. I still have around 7-10 years left and hope to dodge this market of the past year. I am certainly a more active trader and I am not taking a passive approach. The looming recession and inflation hurried along by these policies is a risk to everyone.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Dominant Buck

A kind hearted word of advice.. there is always someone who knows more about investment strategy than the average person.....

use them
Old 10-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Dominant Buck

In 2000 I hired my money guy. I held a considerable amount of money and stock back but gave him half of the liquid reserves I held. He out performed me so when I retired in 2003 I gave him that other half as well as the 401k and lucrative buyout from my company. I trust him and I sleep well at night knowing that when the market hiccups he lay's awake worrying while I sleep.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sleeping good is also my strategy. Active trading gives me that.

Putin might be trying to ge us to DOW 15,000 and #45 follows his wishes so?