HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   #45 and the Saudi's (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/419460-45-saudis.html)

NeverWill 10-21-2018 06:10 AM

#45 and the Saudi's

Another "We'll See"?

Of course they didn't cross the line, as long as they keep funneling him money through his hotels.

Ranger77 10-21-2018 04:11 PM

they killed a Saudi national who was a political thorn in their side - this is what muslim's do, they kill their opposition and Kashoggi had ties to bin Laden, married a woman 36 years younger ........... I'm far, far more worried about how Obama left US citizens in North Korea and Mexico and how we had US citizens killed in Benghazi, aren't you ?

elkman30 10-21-2018 04:58 PM

Oh Stealthy. He'll never even discuss those Americans killed because it happened on Barry's watch. Ummm, excuse me. That's #44 since Will is challenged with names these days. :s3:

JagMagMan 10-21-2018 05:33 PM

Let's not forget how harshly obozo dealt with the Iranians, or how firm he was with Putin right before the 2012 elections! He became even more forceful with the Ruskies during the 2016 elections, "hey, cut that out!" He couldn't have scared Putin more if he had dropped a nuke on Moscow!

elkman30 10-21-2018 06:08 PM

You know, that's a valid point about Obama and Putin. Obama all but said he would offer Putin collusion with that inane comment he made on a hot mike. And it would be completely logical for Putin to try to continue Obama's policies with Hillary winning, not Trump. People who continue to claim collusion between Russia and Trump are overlooking and already (apparently) occurring collusion or attempt thereof between Obama & Putin. If Mueller was doing his job, he should be able to find those connections.

Mickey Finn 10-22-2018 01:30 AM

Khasoggi's death

Originally Posted by NeverWill (Post 4344906)
Another "We'll See"?

Of course they didn't cross the line, as long as they keep funneling him money through his hotels.

Well, after denying involvement for over two weeks. It became clear that the Saudi's were not getting away with this scott-free. So, now the story is that the journalist died as a result of fighting with Saudi Officials.

We have all heard the relationship with Saudi Arabia questioned ever since 9-11. Their style of governance is certainly outdated, and their treatment of dissent outrageous. But the sticking point is that they have been something of an ally for many years.

I'd like to see an independent investigation maybe two run concurrently. Mostly to enforce to the Crown Prince he is in fact responsible for what goes on in his "Kingdom"

ATB

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 02:54 AM

Funny how the lefties are calling for further investigation of the Saudis when it was their boy Obama who bowed to the Saudi leader!

That journalist was a member of the Muslim brotherhood, the group who are responsible for a lot of terrorism and wahhabism. The Wahhabi bunch is responsible for and financially supporting terrorism all over the world. The Crown Prince wanted to get rid of the Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia and try to bring them into the 21 century, so far he has women driving vehicles and other relaxations from the strict edicts of Islam, he also wanted to bring other was to create revenue into the country besides oil. The journalist was against what he was doing and managed to throw a monkey wrench into the cogs of progress . I could care less if they killed some supporter of terrorism, they just should have been smarter about it. Yes I know that the Saudis hands are not clean on that issue but the Prince wanted to change that. Before anyone gets all superior over what has happened, think about the people our own CIA has taken out. If it is in the best interests of the US to remain allied with the Saudis we should do so.

NeverWill 10-22-2018 04:31 AM

Again,

Endless responses to my post citing opinions and actions by past leaders. I guess you elected #45 to be the same as all in the past and that is OK with all of you.

rogerstv 10-22-2018 07:38 AM

Why do we really care about this missing person?? Nothing to do with the US other than the manufactured outrage by the liberal media.It would be hilarious if he showed up alive.

Plenty of problems with US citizens on US soil.

NeverWill 10-22-2018 07:43 AM

Saw a bunch of Rep's on Sunday morning sounding concerned about the Saudi's killing people on foreign soil.

Of course the GOP will try anything they can not to deal with this issue. Otherwise they lose when the Saudi's laugh in #45's face.

Don't forget. It's all about the price of Oil. Iran, Saudi's etc. Putin's #1 plan with #45 is for him to raise the price of oil. #45 could care less that it costs every american a couple $1,000 per year so he can not be blackmailed by his boss Putin.

Fieldmouse 10-22-2018 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by NeverWill (Post 4344965)
Again,

Endless responses to my post citing opinions and actions by past leaders. I guess you elected #45 to be the same as all in the past and that is OK with all of you.

I'm not sure why we care when the Saudis kill a terrorist member. At least Trump didn't have him at the White House or his friends over and over again. Also, I noticed you weren't concerned for Americans Obama had killed on foreign soil. Why is that?

Mickey Finn 10-22-2018 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by rogerstv (Post 4344978)
Why do we really care about this missing person?? Nothing to do with the US other than the manufactured outrage by the liberal media.It would be hilarious if he showed up alive.

Plenty of problems with US citizens on US soil.

So, let me explain why this issue is important. Journalist are often the target of terror. Every so often governments go to great lengths to rescue them. With mixed results I'll admit. In this instance a reporter who was a green card carrying resident of the USA. Went into the Saudi Consulate in Turkey. He never came out. After denials, and implausible explanations including a possible body double. Turkey. our NATO ally, and the USA want answers. If what appears to have happened in fact did happen. Our relationship with the Saudi's including arms sales is going to come under review. Perhaps a watershed moment for the middle east.

The Arab spring maybe be over. But there is no telling what is coming next.

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 08:16 AM

It happened in Turkey, not the US, let the Turks worry about it, they are even less trustworthy than the Saudis. If Bobo the worthless was still in office you can bet he would still be bowing to the Saudi leaders.

MudderChuck 10-22-2018 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by NeverWill (Post 4344981)
Saw a bunch of Rep's on Sunday morning sounding concerned about the Saudi's killing people on foreign soil.

Of course the GOP will try anything they can not to deal with this issue. Otherwise they lose when the Saudi's laugh in #45's face.

Don't forget. It's all about the price of Oil. Iran, Saudi's etc. Putin's #1 plan with #45 is for him to raise the price of oil. #45 could care less that it costs every american a couple $1,000 per year so he can not be blackmailed by his boss Putin.

Again with the BS, the only thing keeping the price of oil down right now is the cost of production for Shale oil. If they raise the prices too much they price themselves out of the market. Things are changing quickly anyway.

Natural gas production in the U.S. is up 33% in the last couple of years. The U.S. known reserves of natural gas are estimated to last for 90 years.
The viable shale oil deposits in the U.S. are roughly three times the known oil reserves in the world. Alberta's oils sand have the third largest oil reserve in the world.

NW do you really think taking pot shots at Trump is a viable position? Seems to me you have thoroughly identified the problem. What are your solutions besides replacing Trump with somebody likely to be a lot worse in the long term?
By the way how was your trip, I heard ANTIFA got their collective asses handed to them by Patriot Prayer and the Poor Boys. Did you bring back any bruises?

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 09:27 AM

He didn't bring back any deer or any bruises. You can bet if it starts getting ugly in a protest the only thing you will see of NW is his backside and his elbows as he runs away as fast as his liberal legs will carry him!

Erno86 10-22-2018 11:23 AM

DJT shows his weakness by cozying up to autocrats, which is akin to letting the fox guard the henhouse; what with these autocrats running roughshod over basic human rights...including journalism.

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 11:28 AM

Ah yes, more leftist nonsense.

JagMagMan 10-22-2018 11:29 AM

If I remember right, it's the party of "Never Will" that scoured the landscape to find a leftist judge to block President Trump's temporary ban on immigrants from known terrorist countries! Trump has done more to protect America from terrorism in two years than your boy, obozo!
Again, I'll also remind you that it was obozo, klintoons and the alagore that wanted to drive up oil prices to make alt-fuels more prosperous, as they, and their cronies were, and still are heavily invested in the "alternatives!" They didn't care if these were feasible, sustainable or cost efficient! Only their profits mattered! To hell with the rest of the country!
So, there are your heroes and the party of compassion and love!

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 11:39 AM

Now you did it, more truth, their head will explode!:biggrin:

Erno86 10-22-2018 11:45 AM

Did the Saudi oligarchy fear retribution from DJT, when they obviously ordered the torture & assassination hit on Khashoggi?

Homie don't think so...

Fieldmouse 10-22-2018 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4344989)
DJT shows his weakness by cozying up to autocrats, which is akin to letting the fox guard the henhouse; what with these autocrats running roughshod over basic human rights...including journalism.

I notice you're silent when Hillary got multi-million dollar payments from the King of SA and remained silent on basic human rights.

Fieldmouse 10-22-2018 11:59 AM

. The Clinton Foundation has accepted tens of millions of dollars from countries that the State Department — before, during and after Mrs. Clinton’s time as secretary — criticized for their records on sex discrimination and other human-rights issues. The countries include Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Brunei and Algeria.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign-charity.amp.html

Erno86 10-22-2018 11:59 AM

And to top it off...DJT brought Justice Kavanaugh into this political foreign policy debacle.

Erno86 10-22-2018 12:24 PM

You guys have to be aware --- in case ya'll are not aware of this already --- That this is one of Trump's way with conducting corporate business over the decades, by heaping praise on mob bosses, Duterte, Putin, Saudis and the rest of the non-thinking political hordes.

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 12:34 PM

Funny how ole Erno completely disregards mouse's posts blowing him out of the shallow water he is wallowing in. The leftists are cut out of the same cloth using the same faulty pattern.

Fieldmouse 10-22-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4344998)
You guys have to be aware --- in case ya'll are not aware of this already --- That this is one of Trump's way with conducting corporate business over the decades, by heaping praise on mob bosses, Duterte, Putin, Saudis and the rest of the non-thinking political hordes.

you're becoming a real joke. Since when has Trump been heaping all this praise over the years? He certainly has been building things all over the place but all this praise? You're mistaking obama and hilary. It was Obama on National TV who said Russia wasn't a geopolitical threat. It was Obama on national TV who said Russia didn't meddle in our elections. It was Hilary who cashed millions of dollars worth of checks from both Russia and SA while praising them. She also signed off on selling our nuclear resources to Russian oligarchs after personally being paid off. Amazing you would have anything to say about Donald on this.

Oldtimr 10-22-2018 01:35 PM

Erno needs better handlers to sent him talking points.

MudderChuck 10-22-2018 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4344989)

That human rights thing is used selectively. One of those human rights is due process, you know like presenting evidences and innocent until proven guilty. I didn't see any Democrats talking about human rights while they were flaying Kavanaugh.

Hillary's foes seemed to have more than their fair share of accidents and timely demises, shortly before giving evidence.. You'd havea better chance of walking down the street in Chicago with a "I hate *****es" sign hanging from your neck than you would crossing Hillary.:)

JagMagMan 10-22-2018 08:47 PM

Said that same thing many times MC! I agree, just too many "coincidences!"

Mickey Finn 10-23-2018 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4345014)
That human rights thing is used selectively. One of those human rights is due process, you know like presenting evidences and innocent until proven guilty.

1. I didn't see any Democrats talking about human rights while they were flaying Kavanaugh.

2. Hillary's foes seemed to have more than their fair share of accidents and timely demises, shortly before giving evidence.. You'd havea better chance of walking down the street in Chicago with a "I hate *****es" sign hanging from your neck than you would crossing Hillary.:)

1. The hearing was conducted by the rules that apply. It's fair to say Kavanaugh (a fellow Irish catholic) was on trial. Maybe the prosecution was a little more zealous than needed. But he did not conduct himself as I would expect a man of Honor to.

2. I think this mostly rumor with a dash of race baiting. Beneath you certainly.

To be blunt, the switch/diversion tactic of bringing up Hillary or Obama every time trump or any other Republican's actions are called into question is getting old. All it proves is that you are at a loss as to what you should say. Which is something you should reflect on personally.

MudderChuck 10-23-2018 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn (Post 4345024)
1. The hearing was conducted by the rules that apply. It's fair to say Kavanaugh (a fellow Irish catholic) was on trial. Maybe the prosecution was a little more zealous than needed. But he did not conduct himself as I would expect a man of Honor to.

2. I think this mostly rumor with a dash of race baiting. Beneath you certainly.

To be blunt, the switch/diversion tactic of bringing up Hillary or Obama every time trump or any other Republican's actions are called into question is getting old. All it proves is that you are at a loss as to what you should say. Which is something you should reflect on personally.

The Democrats like to wield that holier than thou hammer with abandon. They elect themselves the morality Police and leaders of the dialog. People bring up Obama and Hillary because the hypocrisy is blatant. Do as I say not as I do.

That is whats wrong with the Democrats. any trick to lead the dialog. You call it race baiting. I call it calling a spade a spade. Not meant as a demeaning statement, meant as a apt description. How you take it shows you have a problem. Behind the veneer of careful speech you have some dark thoughts.

If somebody were to describe me they'd likely say tall. If I describe a black man I say he is black, maybe black in Spanish. You say it is race baiting. I say it is a centuries old descriptive term, just another adjective.

NeverWill 10-23-2018 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn (Post 4345024)

The Hilary BHO references just prove to me that they set the bar at that level and when #45 is even or below that level it is all OK. They elected him afterall.

MudderChuck 10-23-2018 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by NeverWill (Post 4345029)
The Hilary BHO references just prove to me that they set the bar at that level and when #45 is even or below that level it is all OK. They elected him afterall.

Just some more spin. What I say when you sling mud is, if you do it as a personal opinion I have no problem with it. When it is Democratic talking points, history tells us it is likely BS:

I also say I wonder how many people could stand the same scrutiny they give others. The old saying "when you point a finger you have three fingers pointing back at you" comes to mind.

Sure Trump isn't perfect, who could be when they spend so much time and energy deflecting attacks. If the Democrats spent less time harassing him, they might come up with something constructive to do.

Fieldmouse 10-23-2018 05:33 AM

When the Russian reporter slipped and fell on a bullet while crossing a bridge in Russia, where were the Democrats and all their outrage?

Erno86 10-23-2018 06:38 AM

The crown prince of Saudi Arabia --- MbS --- seems to be taking the same tactic Putin uses in explaining away assassinations, by blaming it on a rogue plot of some sort --- I say horsefeathers --- MbS is complicit in the assassination of Khashoggi, and is responsible beyond a shadow of a doubt --- imho.

Fieldmouse 10-23-2018 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4345041)
The crown prince of Saudi Arabia --- MbS --- seems to be taking the same tactic Putin uses in explaining away assassinations, buy blaming it on a rogue plot of some some sort --- I say horsefeathers --- MbS is complicit in the assassination of Khashoggi, and is responsible beyond a shadow of a doubt --- imho.

but where is your outrage towards the reporter in Russia that tripped and fell on a bullet? Can you post a link to your outrage you showed? I also noticed you skipped right over the millions Hilary received from Russia while signing off on the uranium one deal. Why aren't you upset with those direct bribes?

elkman30 10-23-2018 07:34 AM

Simple answer for all 3 of them. Tribal politics.

NeverWill 10-23-2018 09:18 AM

Seems to me and those that I talk to that the Rep's are making a bigger deal of this whole Saudi thing and especially as usual the Reps rhetoric is all about what the dems think and are doing yet I am hearing very little from my side. Reps are kind of just entertaining themselves.

Erno86 10-23-2018 09:37 AM

Oh...and a president who proclaims that the news media are "enemies of the people" may feel that torturing and murdering a critical journalist is not such a bad idea.

Ranger77 10-23-2018 10:32 AM

worry about 1 muslim being killed in Saudi

ignore 7-8,000 in a riot sized carvan heading toward the southern border to illegally enter the USA

sound about like a Democrat