Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
after watching the kavanaugh hearing >

after watching the kavanaugh hearing

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

after watching the kavanaugh hearing

Old 09-30-2018, 12:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120 View Post
So no one has seen anything about the possible Kavanaugh/Blasey connection to a old court case? Sure sounds like a strong reason for motivation if its true. Neither Fox or OAN have mentioned it unless i missed.
I saw that referenced when all this first came out. Kav's Mother ruled against Blasey in a financial case years ago..
Old 10-01-2018, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim View Post
oldtimer, some of us think the same thing of the right wingers. but what makes this country what it is is that we need more then one party so we dont end up like Russia and other anarchist countries. we also dont need a supreme court that is biased by one party or another. something else we need is to get rid of all the career politicians and get new people in congress.
We need more Americans who think like you.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

No we need less of them including those who agree with him.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but I can easily see Robert's taking the official role as the new Kennedy swing vote.
Also, if Ginsberg croaks, I can't even imagine the farce if a conservative is named to replace her.
And, just like Thomas, I hope Kavanaugh never forgets what they tried to do to him. Adherence to the Constitution, and to the original
Intent is the best revenge.

C. Davis
Roberts is certainly not as conservative as Alito or Gorsuch, which does cause some concern. However, he remains more conservative than Kennedy thus far. If we are put in a position where Roberts is the swing vote, then I would say we are still better off with him as the swing vote over Kennedy.

Thomas remains, in my opinion, the best justice and by far the most consistent on the Supreme Court. I would really like to see someone of his mold and caliber added to the court.

Would love to see Trump able to replace Ginsburg, although Sotomayor is appearing as bad or worse.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hey NT, welcome back!!
Old 10-02-2018, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by North Texan View Post
Would love to see Trump able to replace Ginsburg, although Sotomayor is appearing as bad or worse.
What do you expect when someone is appointed for affirmative action reasons? Don't you remember when this gal got nominated? OBozo flat out said he wanted a Hispanic female. So rather than looking for the best jurist possible he went with demographics. She even played that card herself by saying she would rule as a "wise Latina" which implies she will not rule on point of law which she has since proved to be the case.

And don't get me started with Kagan because OBozo also wanted an LBGT type and that is why she went on the bench without ever having been a judge in the first place!
Old 10-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I saw that referenced when all this first came out. Kav's Mother ruled against Blasey in a financial case years ago..
Based on what I could find, Kavanaugh's mother actually ruled "in favor" of the Blasey's, and though wasn't deeply involved in the case, was the judge that "dismissed" the foreclosure case against them... It would also seem that of at least 2014, the Blasey's still owned the property in question...

The "revenge" theory doesn't seem too stand up in this particular case...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bre...-fords-parents

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/br...cuser-parents/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...cusers-parents
Old 10-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed. The article I read (don't have the link handy) said the Blaseys were able to settle the matter with the bank somehow and the bank dropped the foreclosure proceeding before going to trial. Aside from the media, i doubt anybody in the Blasey family even thought about this because it's nothing.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know who this Senator is, but can anyone confirm this? Is this a sign that he feels that his vote won't be necessary??? Because a Kavanagh is inevitable... Or is he cowering out???

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/as-...ghters-wedding

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-04-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

I just read that. Weddings are usually planned a long ways in advance so there's no way this guy could have known the dates would conflict. I wonder if there's some way to give him an absentee ballot or something similar? I bet a Dem would scream about that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.