Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Media is the enemy of the people >

Media is the enemy of the people

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Media is the enemy of the people

Old 08-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Media is the enemy of the people

There was an interesting brush-up between the news media and the White House Press Secretary, Sarah Sanders today. See the link below. As I read things, the media asked her if she was going to back-up Ivanka Trump, who had said in an interview that the media is not the enemy of the people. Sanders did not comment on that, but said she was the only White House Press Secretary SHE knew of who had ever required secret service protection, and that this was the fault of the news media. Some reporter called out "Tell that to the five dead journalists in Maryland." See more at the link below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-Sanders.html

Well, I had to look that up. A gunman on June 28 stormed the newsroom at the Annapolis Capital newspaper and shot five journalists dead. Hmmm. Sounds like that reporter at the White House press briefing was implying that was the fault of the Trump administration's characterization of the news media as enemies of the people. Isn't that the fair construction to place upon this statement, in the context? Please, give it some thought.

It turns out the gunman who shot those reporters was NOT encouraged to do this because of Donald Trump's characterization of the news media as "the enemy of the people." The gunman has had a long standing grudge with the newspaper about a 2011 article that covered a criminal harassment charge brought against him. In 2012, Ramos (the gunman) filed a defamation lawsuit against the paper and a columnist.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...629-story.html

Now the news media is buzzing with the insult that Sarah Sanders delivered today. What a bunch of fools. They probably now themselves believe that the five journalists in Annapolis were killed because of Trump's criticism of the news media. Now, recall that this fits in with the recent story (last weekend) where some high level person at the New York Times spoke with Trump and said something about Trump's negative characterizations of the news media as bound to incite violence against reporters. I see this in the context of that. I think they may be trying to propagate this story that criticizing the news media puts reporters at risk. So far there is no evidence of that. Certainly the five reporters killed in Annapolis are not examples of that. Sorry. That dog don't hunt.

Also, there is far more danger to conservatives from mad dog running progressives/liberals/antifa people than than people being influenced by Donald Trump. There is an actual track record of threats and attacks on conservatives/republicans from those people influenced by the progressives/liberals/antifa/left/democrats.

Last edited by Alsatian; 08-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sarah Sanders did a great job standing her ground, and Jim Acosta is a no-body, jerk! The press can dish it out, but they sure can't take a dose of their own medicine! I loved it!!!!!
Old 08-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think by now it is quite clear to all journalists paying attention that the douchebag in Annapolis shot those people because he was a miserable loser who couldn't get dates at work or anywhere else for that matter. It had nothing to do with Trump whatsoever.

CNN shreds Trump on a daily basis and feeds into the narrative that he is a racist and setting this country back decades in terms of civil rights. However, the press thinks the President should never say anything back and not stick up for himself. All the while, antifa and the "resistance" stay fired up by CNN and other MSM outlets. It's not only hypocritical, its irrational.

CNN and the rest of the MSM want the White House in chaos, that is their goal plain and simple. They couldn't care less if the President cussed them out every day. They want retribution for losing the election, and the only way to get it back is keep the pressure on, so they think...
Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

The problem with the media and it has been getting worse for a couple of decades, is that they think it is all about them instead of all about printing the truth. The media is a mutual admiration society full of egotistical self aggrandizing fools who could care less about the truth.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the news media believes it is fighting Trump but they don't realize that Trump is fighting back. They think he is defending himself against their specific attacks and not succeeding. But what they don't realize is that Trump is waging a much larger campaign of discrediting the news media. He points out or demonstrates again and again and again the news media's bias, hypocrisy, and irrelevance. It is almost as if the news media falls into the same thinking traps as the liberal politicians. "My fan base loves me, so I must be great and invincible!" But their fan base only comprises the "choir" of their church, as it were. What they don't see is how much credibility they have lost over the last 3 years. I don't quite understand Trump's techniques, but I see the results.

The techniques sort of remind me of guerrilla tactics where part of the game plan is to FORCE people to take sides and part of the game plan is to make the adversary look so bad, that by FORCING people to take sides, most of them take your side. The technique is to NOT let people occupy a middle, uncommitted zone. This happened in Algeria during the Algerian war of independence 1954-1962; it happened in the French Indochina War 1946-1954.

So here is a stab at illustrating this theory. Trump says something that irritates the news media. Possibly he DELIBERATELY chooses to say something that irritates the news media. They come out of their corners swinging wildly and say a bunch of stupid stuff. Their fan base loves it . . . but others who are uncommitted or are skeptical see it for the ridiculous polemical propaganda that it is. Trump is progressively cornering the news media into a position of saying Trump is a total failure, racist, traitor to the nation . . . puff, puff, puff, I gotta catch my breath! . . . sexual assaulter, misogynist, Islamophobe . . . puff, puff, puff . . . nativist, tribalist, nimcompoop!!! They paint him as worse than the devil, worse than Hitler. But then people who are not drinking the Koolaid look around and see the sky has not fallen, the economy is booming, trade policies are succeeding, etc, etc. What happens to the news media when Trump patently succeeds and makes things better? They are really twisting in the wind with no place to hide, and their credibility is gone and it isn't coming back. This specific scenario is playing out all the time -- different people come to this position earlier, some come to this position later. But that is what is afoot, in my opinion. By baiting the media, Trump is gutting them. The shriller, harsher, more intense the news media is, the faster this progression occurs.

Last edited by Alsatian; 08-02-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim Acosta is in more need of a butt whipping than any other man in America. I do not understand why they don't simply pull his press credentials and tell CNN to send somebody new. Either that or make him sit in the back and refuse to take any questions from him. Ignoring a punk is often the best course of action.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The media, like most of the Hollywood types, have formed a giant grandiose illusion about themselves, that they are smarter than the rest of America! They believe that they should be able to tell us what to think and we should take it as gospel! Someone forgot to tell them that they have no clothes on!
Old 08-03-2018, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JagMagMan View Post
The media, like most of the Hollywood types, have formed a giant grandiose illusion about themselves, that they are smarter than the rest of America! They believe that they should be able to tell us what to think and we should take it as gospel! Someone forgot to tell them that they have no clothes on!
I think you are quite right. Walter Lippmann wrote a book "Public Opinion" that was published about 1924. It is a very interesting book. It is about how what we know about the world is what we are told by the news media, and what the news media selects to report and how they choose to report it largely determine how we think about the world. Although it is now 94 years old, it is still very astute in my view. If you are an avid reader of books, read that book. Towards the end of the book Lippmann reflects on what the implications are of the phenomenon he has described. My recollection is that he seems to say that it is the role of journalists to steer people's thinking on matters -- so they can make good voting decisions in a democratic government such as our own. Now, there is a hint in what Lippmann writes that the assumption is that these journalists are intelligent, well educated, elites and that they aren't advancing a particular political agenda. But in my mind there is just a mere hair's breadth between his benevolent journalist and political propaganda. In fact, the book starts by discussing at some length Lippmann's role in WW-I as a writer of military press releases and communiques. Basically what was reported was selected and VERY carefully worded to elicit and promote the responses desired by the military.

Fortunately, I think the days of the mainstream news media reporting and the American public swallowing what they are told whole hog are numbered. Alternative media, in my opinion, is going to eat the lunch of the mainstream media.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

The more Acosta makes a spectacle of himself the more he and CNN look like fools. Everyone seems to understand this but Acosta and CNN. It amazes me that despite their ratings drop, CNN continues the same failed programming.

I came across the following along my Internet travels. Enjoy...

https://heartiste.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=500&h=667
Old 08-04-2018, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
I think the news media believes it is fighting Trump but they don't realize that Trump is fighting back. They think he is defending himself against their specific attacks and not succeeding. But what they don't realize is that Trump is waging a much larger campaign of discrediting the news media. He points out or demonstrates again and again and again the news media's bias, hypocrisy, and irrelevance. It is almost as if the news media falls into the same thinking traps as the liberal politicians. "My fan base loves me, so I must be great and invincible!" But their fan base only comprises the "choir" of their church, as it were. What they don't see is how much credibility they have lost over the last 3 years. I don't quite understand Trump's techniques, but I see the results.

The techniques sort of remind me of guerrilla tactics where part of the game plan is to FORCE people to take sides and part of the game plan is to make the adversary look so bad, that by FORCING people to take sides, most of them take your side. The technique is to NOT let people occupy a middle, uncommitted zone. This happened in Algeria during the Algerian war of independence 1954-1962; it happened in the French Indochina War 1946-1954.

So here is a stab at illustrating this theory. Trump says something that irritates the news media. Possibly he DELIBERATELY chooses to say something that irritates the news media. They come out of their corners swinging wildly and say a bunch of stupid stuff. Their fan base loves it . . . but others who are uncommitted or are skeptical see it for the ridiculous polemical propaganda that it is. Trump is progressively cornering the news media into a position of saying Trump is a total failure, racist, traitor to the nation . . . puff, puff, puff, I gotta catch my breath! . . . sexual assaulter, misogynist, Islamophobe . . . puff, puff, puff . . . nativist, tribalist, nimcompoop!!! They paint him as worse than the devil, worse than Hitler. But then people who are not drinking the Koolaid look around and see the sky has not fallen, the economy is booming, trade policies are succeeding, etc, etc. What happens to the news media when Trump patently succeeds and makes things better? They are really twisting in the wind with no place to hide, and their credibility is gone and it isn't coming back. This specific scenario is playing out all the time -- different people come to this position earlier, some come to this position later. But that is what is afoot, in my opinion. By baiting the media, Trump is gutting them. The shriller, harsher, more intense the news media is, the faster this progression occurs.
I think you've pretty much nailed it. The media has lost almost all of their credibility and don't seem to care about or even understand that. Trump calls them out on their bogus news and the media takes the bait every time. Each reporter seems to think they are special and the public's criticism of the media isn't directed at them. They're wrong of course. They also miss the point that Trump is largely echoing what the public believes. And then the media gives him more opportunities to prove that his claims about the media are correct. They truly do not get it.

Poll: 72 percent say traditional outlets 'report news they know to be fake, false, or purposely misleading'

By Joe Concha - 06/27/18 08:52 AM EDT
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39...-be-fake-false

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.