Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness >

Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness

Old 06-06-2018, 09:51 AM
  #1  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness

Those that came before them like the so called greatest generation and their offspring and including those in or nearing retirement. The younger generation is now being forced to pay back the IOUs this year and it will only get worse. It's time to enact means testing anyone with a net worth above say 300k, you're cut off. Anyone with a net worth close to it or on a pension, you're seeing a reduction in benefits. The younger generation shouldn't have to pay for your cowardice in not addressing this problem sooner. They also shouldn't be responsible for your IOUs when you have wealth and they are just starting out to build their wealth. They haven't been voting for decades

https://www.wsj.com/articles/social-security-expected-to-dip-into-its-reserves-this-year-1528223245
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 10:29 AM
  #2  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,117
Default

You know mouse, this kind of crap from you is way past the dump by date. You could not have held those people's coats while those people worked and saved this country, you don't have what it takes to do what they did. Why don't you just stuff a sock in it and stop making yourself look foolish and ignorant. You should be a democrat, you are always whining and moaning like one.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 10:57 AM
  #3  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

No, it's you and those people you claim I couldn't hold their coats. This disaster has been known for decades. It's you and those who came before you who ignored doing anything about it. Now the day of reckoning is closely approaching. What do you want to do about it? Attack me for calling out your misdeeds and those who came before your inaction only makes it worse. It's time to face the facts. The younger generation who had no say in this, shouldn't be forced to pay for it.
So instead of attacking me, why don't you tell us why those who are 18 should be forced to pay for your IOUs. Why are they responsible and on the hook?

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 06-06-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 12:10 PM
  #4  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,117
Default

Yeah yeah yeah, whine on. If not for those people you would be whining in another language, get over yourself, you are not nearly as impressive as you think you are.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 12:44 PM
  #5  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, whine on. If not for those people you would be whining in another language, get over yourself, you are not nearly as impressive as you think you are.
Hey, we're not playing duck, duck goose answer the question. You're already on the public dole cashing in your public pension check. Please explain to everyone why an 18 year old who just graduated from high school this spring must be on the hook to pay for your IOU in SS check too? They don't have the savings nor the pension check. They don't have the wealth you have. They haven't been allowed to vote for decades and thus given the chance of avoiding the disaster you're now facing because government has run out of other people's money. So please, instead of ducking the question, explain why you have that right to dip into that 18 year olds wallet? Why do you have the right to be so greedy or the right to act as the slave master and live off the fruits of his labor? They deserve an explanation for you demanding their money
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 06:19 PM
  #6  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Up on the Milk River
Posts: 392
Default

Is that the same 18 year old that just lived under his or her tax payer parents roof all their life, attended public schools for the majority of their life, who now drive on public roads provided from tax payers of previous generations, who's freedom is protected by the finest military in the world, who now want there secondary education paid for by tax dollars, who's older brothers and sisters help elect the wildest spending president (Obama)? I am guessing we were all 18 at one time, growing up, I never resented paying into SS, what I resented then, and still resent is the fact we have men and women who go back to Washington, claim they will do the responsible thing, but become drunk with power and money. It is such a typical thing for liberals to try the oldest play in the book.....divide and conquer.
mthusker is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:34 PM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Hey, we're not playing duck, duck goose answer the question. You're already on the public dole cashing in your public pension check. Please explain to everyone why an 18 year old who just graduated from high school this spring must be on the hook to pay for your IOU in SS check too? They don't have the savings nor the pension check. They don't have the wealth you have. They haven't been allowed to vote for decades and thus given the chance of avoiding the disaster you're now facing because government has run out of other people's money. So please, instead of ducking the question, explain why you have that right to dip into that 18 year olds wallet? Why do you have the right to be so greedy or the right to act as the slave master and live off the fruits of his labor? They deserve an explanation for you demanding their money
1. Pensions are negotiated as part of a benefits package. They are paid for with labor.
2. The new members of the workforce take their place in the line. They benefit from the labor and in many cases struggles of the workers who precede them.
3. Your whole premise about the " greed" of people receiving what they have worked for is flawed from the bottom up. I believe you know this but can't seem to control your outbursts. That's why you insist on calling benefits like a pension "the dole". Which is slang in the UK for unemployment benefits. If you truly feel as though you don't have enough money to gamble with in the stock market or wherever after you contribute to Social Security. Then I'm afraid you are living in the wrong country. Somalia by the way, does not have a social security program.
Mickey Finn is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:12 AM
  #8  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
1. Pensions are negotiated as part of a benefits package. They are paid for with labor.
2. The new members of the workforce take their place in the line. They benefit from the labor and in many cases struggles of the workers who precede them.
3. Your whole premise about the " greed" of people receiving what they have worked for is flawed from the bottom up. I believe you know this but can't seem to control your outbursts. That's why you insist on calling benefits like a pension "the dole". Which is slang in the UK for unemployment benefits. If you truly feel as though you don't have enough money to gamble with in the stock market or wherever after you contribute to Social Security. Then I'm afraid you are living in the wrong country. Somalia by the way, does not have a social security program.
Yeah right. Government pensions are under funded. That not just because not putting money into to them but also due to market performance and management. Also throw in the fact the Obama administration stole their property when he stole GM from the secured borrowers and gave it to the other unions on yeah, who do you think the secured borrowers were when they we told screw you and your secured credit. You're only getting these pennies on the dollar back. That's got to be the biggest laugh out of all of that. So now, those 18 year olds must pay back for all this excessive borrowing, these lavish pensions that are going broke and the SS and Medicare programs that are going belly up what's your answer? Screw you 18 year old I deserve some of your money because I'm greedy and you must pay up.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:18 AM
  #9  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by mthusker View Post
Is that the same 18 year old that just lived under his or her tax payer parents roof all their life, attended public schools for the majority of their life, who now drive on public roads provided from tax payers of previous generations, who's freedom is protected by the finest military in the world, who now want there secondary education paid for by tax dollars, who's older brothers and sisters help elect the wildest spending president (Obama)? I am guessing we were all 18 at one time, growing up, I never resented paying into SS, what I resented then, and still resent is the fact we have men and women who go back to Washington, claim they will do the responsible thing, but become drunk with power and money. It is such a typical thing for liberals to try the oldest play in the book.....divide and conquer.
SS is 15 trillion in the hole. The money is all gone it's time to fix the system. It's time to right the wrong we inherited from the greatest generation of.... SS was never meant to go to everyone. It was never meant to be a lottery system of old age. You get to this age and bingo, you now get to live off the fruits of others it's time to treat it as exactly what it is, welfare we means test welfare recipients, it's time to means test the biggest class of welfare recipients called senior citizens.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:19 AM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
 
Mickey Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,952
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Yeah right. Government pensions are under funded. That not just because not putting money into to them but also due to market performance and management. Also throw in the fact the Obama administration stole their property when he stole GM from the secured borrowers and gave it to the other unions on yeah, who do you think the secured borrowers were when they we told screw you and your secured credit. You're only getting these pennies on the dollar back. That's got to be the biggest laugh out of all of that. So now, those 18 year olds must pay back for all this excessive borrowing, these lavish pensions that are going broke and the SS and Medicare programs that are going belly up what's your answer? Screw you 18 year old I deserve some of your money because I'm greedy and you must pay up.
You come across as angry and without reason. We all know the history of the recession and what it took to "right the ship". Everybody lost something excluding the engineers of the whole capper. I believe they will get theirs in the end. You on the other hand seem to be letting the fact that it didn't all get arranged to your satisfaction eat you alive.

I understand why a guy like you would rather vent then move on to a place that is run the way you profess to like. But the system's you are railing against have been in place for many years and they make life better for millions of people. I'm sorry that bothers you so.

You can have the last word on this if you choose.
Mickey Finn is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.