Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness >

Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Younger generations now must pay for older generation's cowardness

Old 06-10-2018, 12:06 PM
  #41  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,117
Default

Only when leftists try to equate SS and pensions with welfare! Yep do not get our feeling hurt, we get angry with the stupidity of those who try to make the analogy.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 12:39 PM
  #42  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
I believe I am correct in calling Social Security an entitlement. At least the Federal Government agrees with me; entitlement - A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs. Source: https://www.senate.gov/reference/glo...ntitlement.htm.

Under Social Security we earn credits but we receive checks because we are entitled to them.

It's been this way for a long time. Only recently have sensitive Republicans got their feelings hurt by someone saying their SS check is an entitlement.
sorry but you're wrong on Americans having legal recourse if the obligation of the SS check doesn't arrive in the mail. The Supreme Court made two important rulings on SS that still stand today. The first one had to do with the lie the Democrats told when passing SS. They told the American people it was insurance and you would only ever have to pay one (or two) pennies out of every dollar they earned. It would never go up. It was challenged on the grounds forcing people to buy insurance they didn't want. The SC ruled, based on the government's argument, SS was a tax. The SC agreed and declared it was general revenue and not to be earmarked in anyway. So guess what? The trust fund was all BS. Second ruling came when someone challenged what SS does regularly now, showing you have this "account" with your name on it and you can expect to receive $1200/ mo (average SS check). The SC ruled no, no one has an account with their name on it. They aren't guaranteed anything. Congress has the power to fully cut the program off at anytime and you have no legal recourse to any money

SS is officially broke now. The government must now deficit spend to cover obligations by paying back those phoney IOUs. The money has already been spent and the program has promised out 15 trillion more than it will ever take in. It's time to means test every senior citizen and cut back on who gets any money. The younger generation is already on the hook for 20 trillion in debt. Let's do the right thing.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 06-10-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:25 PM
  #43  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 3,431
Default

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
I believe I am correct in calling Social Security an entitlement. At least the Federal Government agrees with me; entitlement - A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs. Source: https://www.senate.gov/reference/glo...ntitlement.htm.

Under Social Security we earn credits but we receive checks because we are entitled to them.

It's been this way for a long time. Only recently have sensitive Republicans got their feelings hurt by someone saying their SS check is an entitlement.
Are you simpleminded or are you just trying out for the role of Lenny in "Of Mice and Men?" If you work for 40 hours for a week laying bricks you are ENTITLED to a paycheck. No matter what kind of nonsense your socialist government purveys, that is not an "entitlement" by government gobbledygook. I have been paying into social security for 63 years and I am still paying into it. Please don't suggest to me, out or your abysmal ignorance, that I am not "entitled" to what I was promised as a small return on my contributions to the system.

I would blame your ingnorance and lack of ability to think clearly on the American educational system. However sachiko and I myself are products of that system so I have to conclude that the system has failed you desperately.
cr422 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 06:05 PM
  #44  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
Are you simpleminded or are you just trying out for the role of Lenny in "Of Mice and Men?" If you work for 40 hours for a week laying bricks you are ENTITLED to a paycheck. No matter what kind of nonsense your socialist government purveys, that is not an "entitlement" by government gobbledygook. I have been paying into social security for 63 years and I am still paying into it. Please don't suggest to me, out or your abysmal ignorance, that I am not "entitled" to what I was promised as a small return on my contributions to the system.

I would blame your ingnorance and lack of ability to think clearly on the American educational system. However sachiko and I myself are products of that system so I have to conclude that the system has failed you desperately.
you might want to do your homework and look up Flemming v. Nestor, 1960

The Court ruled that no such contract exists, and that there is no contractual right to receive Social Security payments.
Congress has the power to completely cut you off from receiving any ss checks
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM
  #45  
Fork Horn
 
LONGHUNTER1750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: West Central Missouri
Posts: 243
Default

Fieldmouse, no matter how you twist and construe your point, right or wrong you still just sound like a liberal jackass. Did anyone ever tell you, I'm sorry if you didnt know.
LONGHUNTER1750 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:48 PM
  #46  
Fork Horn
 
Coastal Mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 266
Default

[QUOTE I have been paying into social security for 63 years and I am still paying into it. Please don't suggest to me, out or your abysmal ignorance, that I am not [b]"entitled" to what I was promised as a small return on my contributions to the system.

I would blame your ingnorance and lack of ability to think clearly on the American educational system. However sachiko and I myself are products of that system so I have to conclude that the system has failed you desperately.[/QUOTE]

Whatever education I had fails me in understanding how what I said is different than what you just posted. Yes, you are entitled to receive a social security check provided you've earned enough credits. Social Security is an entitlement program and you are entitled to receive a benefit check. Welfare is an entitlement program and if you qualify you are entitled to receive a check. You have contributed to support Social Security, Welfare receipients have not.

And, to Fieldmouse's point, Social Security and Medicare are the largest expenditures in the Federal Budget. To make any dent in our hemorraging national debt Social Security and Medicare benefits must to be reduced or payroll taxes increased.

Hopefully I have not embarassed Lenny any further.

Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 06-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Coastal Mountaineer is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 AM
  #47  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by LONGHUNTER1750 View Post
Fieldmouse, no matter how you twist and construe your point, right or wrong you still just sound like a liberal jackass. Did anyone ever tell you, I'm sorry if you didnt know.
Those aren't my words. Those are the official words and position of the federal government. Just because you're extremely uneducated on this topic, you don't need to remain so. Nor do you need to personally attack another member of this forum for which you know nothing about. I happened to be one of the last conservatives left on this forum. So please do your homework next time before you try to jump into a conversation. You see it's the liberal who has this trait.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 02:22 AM
  #48  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 3,431
Default

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
[QUOTE I have been paying into social security for 63 years and I am still paying into it. Please don't suggest to me, out or your abysmal ignorance, that I am not [b]"entitled" to what I was promised as a small return on my contributions to the system.

I would blame your ingnorance and lack of ability to think clearly on the American educational system. However sachiko and I myself are products of that system so I have to conclude that the system has failed you desperately.
Whatever education I had fails me in understanding how what I said is different than what you just posted. Yes, you are entitled to receive a social security check provided you've earned enough credits. Social Security is an entitlement program and you are entitled to receive a benefit check. Welfare is an entitlement program and if you qualify you are entitled to receive a check. You have contributed to support Social Security, Welfare receipients have not.

.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. I don't care about the terminology. But equating social security with welfare tends to get my back up. I apologize for the insults. Apparently, we have at base, no fundamental disagreement.

Last edited by cr422; 06-11-2018 at 02:25 AM.
cr422 is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 03:15 AM
  #49  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,320
Default

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
Whatever education I had fails me in understanding how what I said is different than what you just posted. Yes, you are entitled to receive a social security check provided you've earned enough credits. Social Security is an entitlement program and you are entitled to receive a benefit check. Welfare is an entitlement program and if you qualify you are entitled to receive a check. You have contributed to support Social Security, Welfare receipients have not.

.
That's fine. I don't care about the terminology. But equating social security with welfare tends to get my back up. I apologize for the insults. Apparently, we have at base, no fundamental disagreement.[/QUOTE]
just because politicians prefer to use fancy words like entitlement doesn't change the fact it's a welfare program. When the facts are examined, " it's just a general tax like any other tax levied on the American people" and the money goes out spent as soon as it comes in, it's a welfare. Just like a welfare recipient receives a check from the government, so does a senior citizen. They just need to reach that winning lottery age and then get to live off the fruits of someone else's labor. So if you say I paid for it, so do most welfare recipients. At some point in their life they paid federal taxes. Maybe we need to pretty up the name of welfare.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:17 AM
  #50  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,117
Default

Really mouse, you have the temerity to make that mickey mouse analogy? No pun intended. There many on welfare who never worked a day in their stinking worthless lives. I have paid into SS since I was 15 years old and I take offense to being equated with some slug whose greatest daily effort is hauling their lazy azz from the bed room to the front stoop and smoke cigarettes and MJ that I helped buy for them. You are getting sillier every day.
Oldtimr is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.