Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Democrats Tipped Their Hand Too Early >

Democrats Tipped Their Hand Too Early

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Democrats Tipped Their Hand Too Early

Old 03-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Democrats Tipped Their Hand Too Early

The Democratic leadership, embolden by recent victories and by getting a bunch of teenagers as pawns to do their bidding for gun control may be tipping their hand too early in the game! First we have retired SCOTUS, J.P. Stephens saying that the 2nd. Amendment should be repealed! Then we have the Louisiana Senator and state DEM Chairwoman, Karen Carter Peterson agreeing publicly that the 2nd. Amendment should be repealed! Now we have the senile Larry King, saying that the 2nd. Amendment is outdated and the only reason that it was added to the Constitution in the first place was because Southern Senators wanted it to protect against slave insurrections!

Tipping their hand this early will come back to bite them! They don't want any "compromise," or so-called "common sense laws!" It is out in the open, they will settle for nothing less than a complete gun ban!
Of course we all knew that anyway, but they may push away many of their own supporters that are gun owners and hunters too!
Lets hope and pray that the Republican leadership and all Americans come to the understanding that there is NO compromise! We cannot afford to give an inch!

Last edited by JagMagMan; 03-29-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are DEMs, have any of them, including the very vocal one that posts here struck you as being really "intelligent?"
Old 03-30-2018, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags View Post
They are DEMs, have any of them, including the very vocal one that posts here struck you as being really "intelligent?"
You've got a good point there! The only thing dumber than some of the DEM's would be Republicans believing that the dummycrap brass will accept anything LESS than an all-out gun ban and REPEAL of the 2nd. Amendment!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe the whole constitution ought to be repealed and that I should rule as absolute dictator, following Machiavelli's "The Prince" as my guide book for conducting my policies. That doesn't mean it is going to happen. Sorry, I'm being a bit flippant. No disrespect intended.

Seriously. It does not matter what any of these jokers believe or think. OK. Repeal the second amendment? There is a process for doing that, it is called amending the US Constitution. It is awfully darned hard to amend the US Constitution. I wouldn't be holding my breath, if I were a committed anti-second amendment person, waiting for this amendment to pass (e.g., the amendment REPEALING the second amendment).
Old 03-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
Seriously. It does not matter what any of these jokers believe or think. OK. Repeal the second amendment? There is a process for doing that, it is called amending the US Constitution. It is awfully darned hard to amend the US Constitution. I wouldn't be holding my breath, if I were a committed anti-second amendment person, waiting for this amendment to pass (e.g., the amendment REPEALING the second amendment).
That would be a Convention of the States! There has been talk of getting one together in order to reign in Washington's spending and ineptness! Getting a Convention of the States is not an easy thing to do though, with good reason! If it were easy to do, we would be opening up the Constitution on every wind change! I'm not sure, but I think that once the Constitution is open to changes, everything is fair game! Not a wise thing to do under the current wind conditions!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are right, constitution of the states, the entire thing is up for debate/change. However they could try amending it to repeal the 2nd. Both paths are very difficult, for a reason