Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
The DEM's Perfect Storm >

The DEM's Perfect Storm

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

The DEM's Perfect Storm

Old 03-26-2018, 05:18 AM
Dominant Buck

My question is where does it end? Anything can inflict harm on a large group of people. Is a 5 shot S&W revolver like the one I am buying today any less lethal than the 9 I will be carrying when I go to the shop? So when they restrict AR type weapons will they decide any semi auto handgun is also designed to inflict too many casualties? Is a double stack 1911 model more lethal than my single stack 9 shield? I noticed a banner advertisement about a 20 shot mag loaded shotgun that showed on the last page I looked at on this site. Can't be used for hunting here at least but I have the right to own one for personal protection. Who decides what I can own to protect myself and property.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
My question is where does it end? Anything can inflict harm on a large group of people. Is a 5 shot S&W revolver like the one I am buying today any less lethal than the 9 I will be carrying when I go to the shop? So when they restrict AR type weapons will they decide any semi auto handgun is also designed to inflict too many casualties? Is a double stack 1911 model more lethal than my single stack 9 shield? I noticed a banner advertisement about a 20 shot mag loaded shotgun that showed on the last page I looked at on this site. Can't be used for hunting here at least but I have the right to own one for personal protection. Who decides what I can own to protect myself and property.
I really don't think this is the plan.

Think of it like a speed limit on driving your car. You cannot drive by a school zone at 125 mph when the bell rings and kids are walking all over. As much as you might not like it, it is safer if you are going 15mph instead of 125.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

You didn't answer the question...where does it end? AR type weapons are nothing more than low hanging fruit which is an easier pick for people wanting gun control. Down the road will there be a point made where the second amendment refers to and protects ownership only with the class of guns that were around in the 1800's mostly single shot and revolvers. An AR type rifle with large mag is no different than a double stack handgun except has more range. Either weapon used in a crowd will be very lethal. Then again a strong person wielding a machete could also cause large casualties in a crowded room.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:51 AM
Banned

You didn't answer the question...where does it end? AR type weapons are nothing more than low hanging fruit which is an easier pick for people wanting gun control. Down the road will there be a point made where the second amendment refers to and protects ownership only with the class of guns that were around in the 1800's mostly single shot and revolvers. An AR type rifle with large mag is no different than a double stack handgun except has more range. Either weapon used in a crowd will be very lethal. Then again a strong person wielding a machete could also cause large casualties in a crowded room.
Why would you think it NEVER ends.

Life continues.

March just wants to get rid of stupidity.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:55 AM
Banned

Do you think it is OK to try and cure 1 type of serious cancer and not spend any time curing a skin rash.

...Deleted by CalHunter... Do you really think this will go all way down to outlawing sticks and rocks because many murders are committed using those as weapons.

I just want to save the first 10-50 that have to die before a killer with a high capacity human killing machine in his hands can be stopped.

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-26-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Rules 2 & 12--6 MOS ban.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Down the road after baseball bats are limited to little league size because the larger ones can harm more people what will happen to America's pastime.... the game of baseball?

yeah it is a joke.

Banning AR type guns won't diminish mass killings. The guns aren't killing people it is the nut jobs who use them. The choice and delivery of the weapon is the users choice.

Edit: I don't own an AR type long gun but might pick one up soon. Thanks for helping me decide. You don't like them...good enough for me.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 03-26-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
You folks need to turn off the "news" and go shooting. Just because they are loud does not mean they are in the majority and believe me the democrat-media complex is doing everything it can to make it appear is if there is strong sentiment for more gun control. But the exact opposite is what is happening. Guns are more popular than ever, especially AR-15s. Yes the grabbers are making a lot of noise right now but next week they will be on to something else.

I think this is important to understand. Just because the media creates a pseudo-event doesn't mean a revolution has taken place. RobertSubnet is right on that. People tend to forget this. All the media shows is some number of people out making noise. What about all the people NOT out there making noise? Like the 16 million AR-15 owners? (I pulled that number out of the air -- seems like I saw that number quoted somewhere on the Internet -- but it may not be accurate). The legislators who set to passing laws based on this loud crowd is liable to be punished when the next election comes. Historically voting for gun control laws in the last 25 years has been hazardous to people's political careers.

I have begun to take this attitude generally about political news. There is so much chafe and noise -- in the sense of static and jibber jabber -- in the news (I include FOX in this evaluation too) that it is just not worth following. What? So I can come on this political site and jabber? So I can get worried about the sky falling? It is poor quality information. It distracts from big picture issues.

There are now many 24 hour "news" channels. There just ISN'T enough "news" to fill a 24 hour news cycle, hence there is a lot of gossip posing as news. Also there is just a lot of conjecture by "talking heads." It isn't news. It isn't worth watching. Politicians make a big mistake if they focus on the droning of the news media. They would do better to do their jobs, focus on the big picture.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Good points by RobertSubnet and Alsatian.

The antis were emboldened some by Trump's bump-stock ban but now they're reaching for an extremely popular gun model. 16 million AR-15 gunowners might be a little light as far as figures go. Pick up just about any gun magazine and it's hard not to find an article(s) about AR-15's somewhere in its' pages. And AR-15 gunowners don't like people attacking their weapon of choice and therefore them with BS statements. Just ask Jim Zumbo about this.

The gun buying frenzy has slowed down some since Trump got elected but this latest anti attack will just accelerate the # of AR-15's being purchased. And everybody that currently owns an AR-15 will not trust the antis or pols who try to prohibit AR-15 sales because the next step in the antis twisted thinking would be confiscation of currently owned AR-15's.

The antis are like sharks sensing blood in the water with a recent tragic school shooting, a President beset by a special investigator from DOJ and a Republican Congress that appears to be caving in. With their usual duplicitous tactics, they are only strengthening all 2A supporters' resolve.