Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Sorely Disappointed in the Spending Bill! >

Sorely Disappointed in the Spending Bill!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Sorely Disappointed in the Spending Bill!

Old 03-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Trump will be president for a while longer. I never expected him to come riding in on a cloud surrounded by angels blowing trumpets. I think we're still better off than we would be under Clintonism.
Really? I don't recall Schumer ever declaring austerity has now come to an end when they controlled everything? Supposedly we could control the house, Senate and White House, yet the agenda keeps sliding even more to left. It's not even close.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan View Post

2. Shut er down!!! Veto it!!!! DON'T threaten a veto and not follow through!!!!.... It makes you look like a barking dog on a chain, with no teeth or claws!!!!.......
Couldn't have agreed w/you more. Trump just potentially created more headaches for himself, the party and people of this country that he can imagine.
If Trump even tries to veto future legislation or put up a fight through negotiations, the Dem.'s will simply call wait him out and see if he caves again, making his ideas next to impossible to achieve.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

I'm very disappointed in this bill and think it amounts to spending/shopping therapy by Congress. I agree that the deep state is trying hard to shut him down and hopefully drive him from office. I don't think Trump is in that kind of corner just yet, however, and I think they're going to lose on both accounts. Trump doesn't use the same kind of political playbook and both parties and the media can't seem to figure that out, much find a way to prevail. IMHO, this latest spending spree is just as likely to backfire on a lot of incumbents in both parties.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:19 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I notice that a whole bunch of Republicans voted for this bill. Had they voted "no" it could not have passed.

So the Republicans can vote like a bunch of drunks who just cashed their paychecks and expect Trump to bail them out by vetoing their nonsense?

It's time for the Republican Party to get it's act together. If the Republicans lose control of Congress in the next election, it won't be Trump's fault. His entire platform, the platform for which we voted is still out there. Trump is not a king. The Republicans in the Congress have to start doing their jobs.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I notice that a whole bunch of Republicans voted for this bill. Had they voted "no" it could not have passed.

So the Republicans can vote like a bunch of drunks who just cashed their paychecks and expect Trump to bail them out by vetoing their nonsense?

It's time for the Republican Party to get it's act together. If the Republicans lose control of Congress in the next election, it won't be Trump's fault. His entire platform, the platform for which we voted is still out there. Trump is not a king. The Republicans in the Congress have to start doing their jobs.
By signing the bill instead of vetoing it makes it Trump's fault. There is no way you can even debate that fact. Trump's signature, his yes vote is equal to 290 house votes and 66 Senate votes. Add what does Trump do? Puts his super yes vote on paper while giving out more empty words.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
By signing the bill instead of vetoing it makes it Trump's fault. There is no way you can even debate that fact. Trump's signature, his yes vote is equal to 290 house votes and 66 Senate votes. Add what does Trump do? Puts his super yes vote on paper while giving out more empty words.
Sorry, but I'm not going to let those spineless little weasels calling themselves Republicans off the hook and put it all on Trump.

They're a bunch of lying little creeps. Vote for it and then criticize Trump for signing it.

And the weasel representing our district didn't even have the guts to vote.

Last edited by sachiko; 03-25-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-25-2018, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry, but I'm not going to let those spineless little weasels calling themselves Republicans off the hook and put it all on Trump.

They're a bunch of lying little creeps. Vote for it and them criticize Trump for signing it.
The freedom caucus voted no. Unfortunately, Mitch McConnell did get in the bill his PAC is allowed to work with candidates. This means all those who voted yes and swear allegiance to McConnell will have no problem getting reelected.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I think Trump has just taught congressional Republicans a lesson.

He has made something clear to those folks. If you don't like a bill, vote against it. Don't vote for it and go hide in the woods expecting me to save your bacon.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

They're a bunch of lying little creeps. Vote for it and then criticize Trump for signing it.

And the weasel representing our district didn't even have the guts to vote.
Cruz voted no. My other jackass Senator voted with Trump.
How much spine does it take to Veto an atrocity? Especially one that renders the cornerstone of your Presidency (the wall) null and void.

The reason the establishment, Schumer et al are so thrilled is because Trump has neutered himself. Actually, without the budget bargening chip, Trump is much weaker.
Without the Veto, he is just another establishment vote.

My attitude is, if the establishment wanted to shut themselves down, let them do it. That should have been easy to do for an outsider.

You would think after a year of the Washington establishment trying to take him out with the Russian nonsense, Trump's spine would have been calloused.

C. Davis
Old 03-25-2018, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I think Trump has just taught congressional Republicans a lesson.

He has made something clear to those folks. If you don't like a bill, vote against it. Don't vote for it and go hide in the woods expecting me to save your bacon.
Because I'm going to sign any bill that makes Chucky and Nancy happy.

Gee, what a lesson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.