Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Facebook

Old 03-21-2018, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto, same here.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I am not a facebook guy but have some very good friends who are on it. I either see in person, call or email if I need to talk with someone.
See I live about 100 miles from where I spent most of my life. I love being able to see all my buddies kids grow up etc.

I still get back there quite a bit but not enough to catch up with everybody.

I wouldn't say I'm a "Facebook guy" I don't wonder around with my face in my phone like a zombie like lots of people but I like having it.

Last edited by rockport; 03-21-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
See I live about 100 miles from where I spent most of my life. I love being able to see all my buddies kids grow up etc.

I still get back there quite a bit but not enough to catch up with everybody.

I wouldn't say I'm a "Facebook guy" I don't wonder around with my face in my phone like a zombie like lots of people but I like having it.
I understand your reasoning. Around here it must be an age or cultural issue. Most guys my age tend to not be on facebook. Young and middle aged guys often are. In this area almost all females of any age are on facebook. Soooo...one could surmise that old north country guys don't like technology or change. Not speaking for anyone else but that one kind of fits me to a T. It took me a couple of years of lurking just to post on HNI.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I am not a facebook guy but have some very good friends who are on it. I either see in person, call or email if I need to talk with someone.
You're classified as an advance senior. You can power up a PC and perform a mouse click.

Unless living in Alaska off grid, all your data is for sale. Obama's crew was touted as the master of data mining. The GOP had no chance. Now this story comes out and the left is freaking out? Seriously? They're dumb but this proves to lower levels and setting a new records.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

I am not on face book and would not join if you have to give them so much personal info to join. This thread would not even be up now if the Dems were not still crying over losing the election. Every other day up here our lib medua has another story how Trump rigged the election this was one of them.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
How long...
You act like they’re not already?!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
You're classified as an advance senior. You can power up a PC and perform a mouse click.
Thank you....I guess.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me say one thing. My groups have ALWAYS had detailed and thorough data obtained from research groups. I do see the media talking about the theft of 50 mil profiles but I am not yet seeing anyone crying foul just yet. As can be expected Fox News is crying that the liberals are crying.

I think the dems are more concerned about the lawless behavior of FB. Rep's have proven that lawless is ok so not sure what else to think about this.

The point of my thread is that the Dem's are RIGHT here and we should be protecting our 1st amendment rights. ATF and a host of others should not be allowed to use FB data to undermine our rights.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wild bill g View Post
I am not on face book and would not join if you have to give them so much personal info to join. This thread would not even be up now if the Dems were not still crying over losing the election. Every other day up here our lib medua has another story how Trump rigged the election this was one of them.
Rigged or operated within the law is the question.

We do have laws
Old 03-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
The point of my thread is that the Dem's are RIGHT here and we should be protecting our 1st amendment rights. ATF and a host of others should not be allowed to use FB data to undermine our rights.
To use the logic of your hero, slick willie, it depends on what the meaning of the 1st. Amendment is to the Dem's! Is it really "free speech?" Or, is it free speech, only if you agree with them!

As to FB, many friends and family use FB and wanted me to use it too. I resisted until I retired and I gave in, setup an account, and never used it again! I finally deleted it and haven't looked back!
I can see that FB is good for keeping up with friends and family, but the endless loads of crap, airing dirty laundry and announcing each petty thing that they are doing today, is just a good narcissist outlet! EOR! (End of rant!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.