Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Don't Stop Now! >

Don't Stop Now!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Don't Stop Now!

Old 02-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Don't Stop Now!

The Gingrich speech has very good ideas! Which got me to looking back at my personal political history, and many of us here are approximately the same age, so it's really "our," political history.

Using presidential election cycles and my legal voting age as a gauge, up until Trump's victory, there have been 10 elections. 40 years and 6 presidents. 20 years and 3 presidents from each party, neither party in the WH for more than 12 years. IF we count the 12 Bush years as at best, "a wash," all we Conservatives have had were the 8 Reagan years!
Even this is skewed, due to the DEM's having had majority control of Congress for most of the last 40 years!
My three points in conclusion are:
1. It's no wonder that America has been sliding downhill most of our lives! Heck, it's a borderline "miracle," that America has even survived!
2. We must get and keep a conservative majority in power long enough to completely "heal" that which is broken about America!
3. Newt's strategy is a good game plan for a start! That, and weeding out the Rhino's (worse than liberals,) will take us a long ways towards our goal of taking America back again!
Old 02-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't be to quick to apply labels like "Rhino" I'm a pragmatic moderate but a social conservative. I've been called a Rhino because I don't walk in lockstep with the party. I've always been a Buckley fan, but a little less radical.

The moderates are where the deciding votes are.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
I wouldn't be to quick to apply labels like "Rhino" I'm a pragmatic moderate but a social conservative. I've been called a Rhino because I don't walk in lockstep with the party. I've always been a Buckley fan, but a little less radical.

The moderates are where the deciding votes are.
Your definition of Rhino is different than mine!
A Rhino in my book is the same as "a wolf in sheep's clothing!" They say one thing and do another, mostly nothing! They occupy a seat in Congress, that may as well be left vacant because they are career politicians that will never "rock the boat," for fear of losing their "bird's-nest-on-the-ground!

Also, for the record, I believe in a two-party system! An all-powerful one party government is a DANGEROUS THING. Bordering upon tyrannical dictatorship, if left unchecked!
However, we need two parties that can work together, putting America and the Constitution first! NOT constantly shutting the government down, whining, dividing the country and conjuring up ways to destroy all opposition! Unfortunately, the liberal DEM leadership, does not display these good qualities!
Old 02-05-2018, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

backfill the deep state first
http://video.foxnews.com/v/572617419...#sp=show-clips
RR
Old 02-05-2018, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

I'd prefer a stronger independent party. People who do not fall in Democrat or Republican party lines. People who are capable of choosing the best of both sides knowing most will benefit and some may not. People who do not pander to one side for votes. Essentially, not the career politicians the government has groomed.

I've heard of a few, but they get driven out by the system because they refuse to fall in line.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is no best of both sides! All independents do is help the worst candidate for the country. No one will be in lockstep with either party and agree with everything they do. You choose the one that best fits your beliefs. 3rd party candidate help democrats to get elected by taking votes from the republican candidates. I would rather have 10 more Donald Trumps in congress than one more democrat.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-05-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv View Post
I'd prefer a stronger independent party. People who do not fall in Democrat or Republican party lines. People who are capable of choosing the best of both sides knowing most will benefit and some may not. People who do not pander to one side for votes. Essentially, not the career politicians the government has groomed.

I've heard of a few, but they get driven out by the system because they refuse to fall in line.
Isn't Trump supposed to be all that? You think he should quit tweeting and just fall in line?

C. Davis
Old 02-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am 100% with OT here! 3rd. parties, usually lead to DEM victories! 3rd. Party is akin to being a "fence rider!" With the DEM leadership being so far out in left field, you just about have to make a choice! You are one or the other!
Again, one party rule is dangerous. Three or more parties, as we've seen in other countries, leads to "minority rule!"
And I'm not talking "racial minority!"