Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
More on the bent knee crowd >

More on the bent knee crowd

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

More on the bent knee crowd

Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default More on the bent knee crowd

Conservative Free Press

There’s No Going Back: The NFL Made a Huge Mistake
By Andrew Posted on 2 days ago

We can’t imagine that anyone with a financial stake in the future of the NFL thought that shameful display on Sunday would be anything but disastrous, but we can believe that at least some of the owners and players thought they could escape unscathed. Unfortunately, they may be wrong about that. Social media has been alive with anger towards the protests and the league, and a new survey from the Remington Research Group indicates that the NFL may have bitten off more than they care to chew.

“Last week, Donald Trump said NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem. Do you think NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem?” the survey asked Americans across the country.

64% of respondents said they agreed with the sentiment. Only a quarter said no.

“On Sunday, a number of NFL players knelt during the national anthem in protest of Donald Trump’s statements, including players from your favorite team,” continued the survey. “Does this make you more likely or less likely to watch your favorite team’s games in the future?”

50% of respondents said the demonstrations on Sunday made them LESS LIKELY to watch their favorite team’s games. Another 50% split between “more likely” and “no difference,” but you have to take into account that many of those respondents may not have been regular football fans to begin with.

Most sources inside the NFL have indicated that Sunday’s defiance was a one-time thing – a league wide “EFF YOU” to President Donald Trump that isn’t likely to be repeated. And while we are sure that’s the case, there will still be a number of players taking a knee for the national anthem in the coming weeks, and that’s sure to keep this culture war going. Unfortunately for the NFL, the war is between players and the fans. And that’s not a fight the players are going to win.

This whole thing is actually a crying shame. Football fans do not want to think about politics while they watch their Sunday games. Football is a time to get AWAY from all of that crap. A time to just celebrate the glory that is football. But no, the left has to ruin everything that is great about this country, including the NFL. There are simply too many Americans who cannot bring themselves to support a league that sides with anti-patriotic protests, no matter how much they love the game itself. Even those who aren’t outraged enough to boycott may just feel their love for the game – at least, the game as played on the professional level – slowly seep away as more and more liberal nonsense invades the NFL.

Maybe we’re wrong and all of this will blow over. But we have a feeling something has been set in motion that can’t easily be stopped.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Banned

How come toddler didn't come out with a statement that there were good people on both sides of this issue.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

How come you have nothing of value to add to the discussion, just asking silly questions abut a man who has accomplished more in life than you ever will in order to throw a red herring into the mix to take the microscope off the leftists and their antics?
Old 09-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Banned

Here is an update.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/28...em-vs-raiders/
Old 09-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

For a reasonable person the bent knee protests are disrespectful to our country, the military and the law enforcement people. I think the owners are afraid of angering their players, afraid of some sort of unified work slowdown over the issue so instead of acting like leaders the owners took the easy road and sided with the players much to the dismay of the fans. It is now blowing up in their faces and I think that money will dictate how it goes forward. The league has rules which prohibit these personal displays therefore the owners should be doing all they can to stop the protests. Someone has to stand up other than Trump to bring back some dignity to the league. I just got a notice as a member, that the American Legion has taken a position against the NFL for allowing these shameful events to unfold. It is important to undersatand that these "elite players" are simply entertainers hired to provide a service for the viewing public. I guess being roll models for our youth is no longer one of the goals pushed by the league.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
How come toddler didn't come out with a statement that there were good people on both sides of this issue.
Actually he has. He has criticized those that show the disrespect. He has not blasted every member of the NFL, only the bums. But then I can understand how someone as biased as you would miss that.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife and I have stopped watching the NFL completely and will continue in this until all the acting out during the national anthem stops throughout the league. We used to watch Monday night football every time it was on. We often watch Sunday night football. We've stopped all of that. I assume many others have as well. I began mindfully avoiding watching NFL football last season and was not watching much at the start of this season because the bad behaviour had continued.

They are expropriating our national symbols to ply their private political purposes. That is wrong. They can EASILY make things right: kneel just about any other damn time they want, not during the national anthem. Perform some other gesture of protest about any other damn time they want, not during the national anthem. It is easy. If they were NOT deliberately expropriating our national symbols, they would have no objection to doing this, in consideration of those who are offended.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
For a reasonable person the bent knee protests are disrespectful to our country, the military and the law enforcement people.
Therein lies the problem. You really can't consider people like NW and his ilk to be "reasonable" can you?
Old 09-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Therein lies the problem. You really can't consider people like NW and his ilk to be "reasonable" can you?
It is difficult for me to understand how anyone could possibly think the actions of these "sports entertainers" are anything other than self serving agendas promoting racism. The reality of Kaepernick's allegations don't hold water. Saying bad people are actually being discriminating against is a stretch for sure. When investigating criminals I would look at criminals.

Edit: Well I got sucked in to the anthem celebration in the packers vs bears game. They all stood but locked arms which was not normal, against league rules and IMO a form of protest. Instead of kneeling they locked arms and the whole team was involved. This strategy came from the front office in both teams and was just a way to kick the can down the road. Owners didn't have the stones to say no more and allowed a compromise. Strangely it was asked through media that the fans join them. I didn't see that happening when the camera panned the stands. The league and owners have made a huge mistake. For the sake of all pro sports I hope the fall of the NFL will serve as notice that the American public led by our President isn't interested in lack of respect for our flag and anthem.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-28-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
My wife and I have stopped watching the NFL completely and will continue in this until all the acting out during the national anthem stops throughout the league. We used to watch Monday night football every time it was on. We often watch Sunday night football. We've stopped all of that. I assume many others have as well. I began mindfully avoiding watching NFL football last season and was not watching much at the start of this season because the bad behaviour had continued.

They are expropriating our national symbols to ply their private political purposes. That is wrong. They can EASILY make things right: kneel just about any other damn time they want, not during the national anthem. Perform some other gesture of protest about any other damn time they want, not during the national anthem. It is easy. If they were NOT deliberately expropriating our national symbols, they would have no objection to doing this, in consideration of those who are offended.
Sorry to hear that. I watch 2 of my favs every weekend and wont stop watching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.