Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
More on the bent knee crowd >

More on the bent knee crowd

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

More on the bent knee crowd

Old 10-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
It seems that the conservatives spend their time trying to deny the bent knee crowd from bending their knee, not honestly trying to remedy whatever is bothering them.
This all stemmed form the Michael Brown shooting and the "hands up don't shoot" lie that was proven to be so by witnesses and the evidence in a criminal trial. Instead of living with the obvious of what happened, Obama, his social justice warriors, liberal media, sports media...fanned the flames to the point you cannot reason with people who do not want to be reasoned with.

My beef goes beyond the bent knee crowd. I'm sick of sports becoming a political arm for the democrats. It has been happening for some time now.

C. Davis
Old 10-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

You seem to think there need to be 2 sets of rules or freedom of speech. Players can choose to bend a knee in expressing a sentiment that only focuses on part of the problem but you think anybody who disagrees on the venue should just shut up and be quiet. Many of us enjoy football as a sport and an escape from all the drudgery of life and feel like it shouldn't be politicized.

All of those players have a bully pulpit of sorts and can easily get coverage in just about any media to express their concerns about how blacks are treated. Yet they don't avail themselves of that opportunity. All of those players could mention how the overwhelming majority of blacks murdered are murdered by other blacks yet choose to ignore that inconvenient fact. So does the media and other people trying to politicize this issue. Pro football players wear pink ribbons or shoes, etc. to make a public statement against domestic violence but how many of them, the team owners or even the NFL itself ever mention this black on black problem which is decimating the black community? I think you know the answer--none.

You're complaining about the President ignoring a problem but conveniently ignore that all of those players are ignoring a much bigger problem as are you.

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-02-2017 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 10-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bent knee deal is just slacktivism in action, in my book. Instead of identifying the problem, coming up with solutions to the problem, and working to solve the problem, we are going to sit or kneel for the national anthem? What exactly does that accomplish? Kind of like a protest, as those don't seem to accomplish anything, either.

It takes time, effort, resources, and just a lot of hard work to improve neighborhoods, which improves communities, which improves our country. Easier to just sit during the National Anthem, I guess.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just like the Seinfeld tv show was a show about nothing, BLM protesting and the recent kneeling for our anthem is a show about, nothing!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

" Thinking is difficult, that is why most people judge". I forget whose quote that is, but it rings true.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously we do not agree about the bent knee and have little hope of anyone changing their minds. It is interesting that the Pope of the Protestants, Pat Robertson blamed the Vegas shooting on the bent knee crowd and disrespect for Pres. Trump. I thought the bent knee was a harmless gesture, silly me.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
Obviously we do not agree about the bent knee and have little hope of anyone changing their minds. It is interesting that the Pope of the Protestants, Pat Robertson blamed the Vegas shooting on the bent knee crowd and disrespect for Pres. Trump. I thought the bent knee was a harmless gesture, silly me.
Harmless gesture or a gesture used as a provocation?

Some people provoke easier than others. Tapping the side of your head in traffic at another driver can cost you $1100 in Germany. Tapping the side of your head in Germany means bird brain.

Typical, provoke someone then claim "I didn't do nuffin".

It seems an awful lot of people feel offended by it. I really don't see the up side, how do you win anybody over to your side by pizzing them off?
Old 10-04-2017, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Something the left will never get, they are so impressed with their nonsense they believe they are geniuses, when in fact they are the exact opposite. They can't compute that when you poke the bear, or insult the bear, the bear gets angry and swats you or worse. It is right up there with their theory of, if they think about something and talk about it, they have actually done something .
Old 10-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

The bent knee and BLM movement is just another path to the next civil war and it won't be north against south.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I suspect you may be right, I have said much the same myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.