Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Take a knee . Who cares ?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default Take a knee . Who cares ?

I don't care about a bunch of millionaires are taking a knee on a football field !
I care about what are the people in Texas ,Florida and Porto Rico are going to do?
I have not seen nor heard anything on Texas or Florida for weeks. How are they doing there ?
Why can't they have a big air lift like they did for Berlin many years ago to Porto Rico ?
Old 09-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can't answer for FL but here in TX we are doing fine. We're not like the crybabies in N.O. LA or NJ. We pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and bail ourselves out. I personally don't give a dang about any professional athlete or entertainer. Bunch of spoiled punks and most of them are DEMs to boot so the punk title fits right in there.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear .
Old 09-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I live in a suburb near Dallas, but I have contacts with folks in Houston. A friend of my son's lives there; my son's girlfriend's parents live there; a close sibling office of my law firm is located there. All are doing well.

Having said this, that doesn't mean life is pleasant or easy down there. It is hard to imagine that everyone has had their electricity restored. Those who had various forms of damage to their homes have probably not all completed repairs. In this kind of event time is consumed in repairs because there aren't enough repairmen to go around. No doubt some people will have trouble rustling up the money to pay for repairs. It may well be that many people do not have insurance to cover this kind of event. Think about it, you don't think people who live in a known hurricane zone pay the same price for house insurance as people who do not live in a known hurricane zone, do you?

This is life. Hurricanes happen. If you live in a hurricane zone, you are going to be struck by a hurricane and it is going to happen. As Flags mentions, it may hurt but we don't cry so much about it as other places.

By the way, this may be beside the point and a gratuitous swipe, but I'll say my piece anyway. I don't see why hurricane damage is something the federal government is supposed to be on the hook to pay to repair. As I mention above, if you live in a hurricane zone, you are going to be smacked with a hurricane from time to time. Don't ask me to pay for your house if you chose not to spend your own money to buy insurance for a not improbable event. Maybe the federal government DOES NOT shell out money for rebuilding hurricane damages, maybe they only shell out money for emergency resources like water and shelter until victims can make alternative arrangements. But it seems I always hear about the feds "rebuilding" communities struck by hurricanes. Maybe I'm misconstruing that expression. Maybe they give low interest loans to qualified individuals. But if it is a full-blown repair-replace, that is bogus.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

The airlifts are and have been underway. They just aren't the right news to report for the mainstream media's agenda.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Banned

I am tired of watching hurricanes and people in the water and knocked down structures. Enough already. I think the news media recognizes it. Perhaps you enjoy watching desgtruction and then blaming it on someone. IDK,
Old 09-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
I live in a suburb near Dallas, but I have contacts with folks in Houston. A friend of my son's lives there; my son's girlfriend's parents live there; a close sibling office of my law firm is located there. All are doing well.

Having said this, that doesn't mean life is pleasant or easy down there. It is hard to imagine that everyone has had their electricity restored. Those who had various forms of damage to their homes have probably not all completed repairs. In this kind of event time is consumed in repairs because there aren't enough repairmen to go around. No doubt some people will have trouble rustling up the money to pay for repairs. It may well be that many people do not have insurance to cover this kind of event. Think about it, you don't think people who live in a known hurricane zone pay the same price for house insurance as people who do not live in a known hurricane zone, do you?

This is life. Hurricanes happen. If you live in a hurricane zone, you are going to be struck by a hurricane and it is going to happen. As Flags mentions, it may hurt but we don't cry so much about it as other places.

By the way, this may be beside the point and a gratuitous swipe, but I'll say my piece anyway. I don't see why hurricane damage is something the federal government is supposed to be on the hook to pay to repair. As I mention above, if you live in a hurricane zone, you are going to be smacked with a hurricane from time to time. Don't ask me to pay for your house if you chose not to spend your own money to buy insurance for a not improbable event. Maybe the federal government DOES NOT shell out money for rebuilding hurricane damages, maybe they only shell out money for emergency resources like water and shelter until victims can make alternative arrangements. But it seems I always hear about the feds "rebuilding" communities struck by hurricanes. Maybe I'm misconstruing that expression. Maybe they give low interest loans to qualified individuals. But if it is a full-blown repair-replace, that is bogus.
Pooled money kind of works that way. Young healthy pay for the old. Just like health insurance. Big fatty old people smoking and drinking and driving cycles with the freedom of no helmet get added into my healther lifestyle insurance. Get over it. Your day will come somehow.