Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
George Will on progressives, on the mark >

George Will on progressives, on the mark

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

George Will on progressives, on the mark

Old 08-30-2017, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default George Will on progressives, on the mark

Old 08-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-31-2017, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should see alot of the other videos Pruger U has put out.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog View Post
You should see alot of the other videos Pruger U has put out.
I've watched some of the videos, this one really hit close to home. I came home from the military and got really depressed. All of the things that I was taught as a youngster were irrelevant or so it seemed. Most everything seemed futile and irrelevant. My baseline was to survive, avoid incarceration and have a little fun.

Seems improbable, a Rabbi took the time to council me, I was a mostly out of control young adult. A young Rabbi maybe 25 years old, but wise beyond his years, way wiser than I was at the time. Doubly improbable as I was a Presbyterian. His teachings mirror much of what was discussed in this video.

What they didn't mention in this video is it has all happened before and the eventual outcome is likely to be the same. History repeats itself, the ebb and flow of societies liberal and conservative cycles repeats itself. When it gets too far out of balance, it sometimes results in revolution.

Most youngsters and even each generation thinks the people that came before them are dumb, irrelevant or unsophisticated.

The Halakha (Jewish religious law) is a good example, lessons learned form experience. I remember the Rabbi explaining to me that loss of moral standards and rampant sexuality always has consequences. Sex is for procreation not recreation. This was shortly before the AIDS epidemic during the sexual revolution. The divorce rates peaked about the same time. 40% of children are now born to unwed mothers. 25% of children are single parent.

Unforeseen consequences? Not exactly, it was all predicted in a broad sort of way, if you took the time to read the Halakha, the Bible or many other religious writings. Apply a little critical thinking and you can see how many of our forefathers were way wiser than you'd think.

Like most youngsters, you can tell them the likely consequences, but you can't make them listen. It usually degrades into a negotiation.

I'll make a prediction, all these liberal scholars who preach knocking down or doing away with the guard rails are one day going to be screaming for help. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Who, what, when,where and why, apply a little logic, figure in some probabilities and derive your own conclusions. Critical thinking.