Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Who raises children like these monsters? >

Who raises children like these monsters?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Who raises children like these monsters?

Lancaster News Papers

These five miscreants should have their names and pictures published in every newspaper and be on every TV news show in the country

MIAMI
Experts: No duty for teens to rescue drowning man
CURT ANDERSON
AP LEGAL AFFAIRS WRITER
It may be reprehensible and morally outrageous, but legal experts say a group of Florida teens had no obligation to rescue a drowning disabled man they instead mocked, laughed at and recorded on a video that was later posted online. Still, authorities are pursuing possible misdemeanor charges against them for failing to report a death.
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, in a 2012 legal argument, summarized that across the U.S. there’s no general duty to render aid to someone in distress. “You don’t have the duty to rescue someone if that person is in danger. The blind man is walking in front of a car, and you do not have a duty to stop him absent some relation between you,” Kennedy said in arguments on the Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare.”
Kennedy added that there are “some severe moral criticisms of that rule, but that’s generally the rule.”
The case in central Florida’s Brevard County involves the July 9 drowning of Jamel Dunn, 31, in a retention pond. Police in the city of Cocoa discovered later that five teenagers, ages 14 to 16, had made a video of the drowning, which was published Friday by Florida Today. The teens can be heard laughing at Dunn, telling him he’s going die and that they weren’t going to help him as he struggled and screamed.
Police identified and interviewed the five teens involved. The office of State Attorney Phil Archer initially determined there was no immediate indication that a crime was committed because state law does not require people to give or call for help when someone is in distress. But later, after the story drew widespread attention online, officials said they were pursuing misdemeanor charges of failure to report a death against the teenagers.
“While this in no way will bring justice for what occurred, it is a start,” Cocoa Mayor Henry Parrish III said. “I know that everyone working on this investigation has been tireless in their efforts to find answers. Everyone has been affected by what we have seen.”
Many countries, including Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy and Russia, do have laws requiring people to render aid, even if it means only summoning authorities. And violations in some countries can result in prison time.
But Florida’s law is hardly unique across the U.S., legal experts said.
“Generally, throughout the U.S., there is no duty to rescue,” said David Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice. Still, he added: “It seems like common sense that those kids should have tried to help the guy instead of filming it.”
There are some differences in various states, but Weinstein said exceptions typically include required assistance in car crashes; for people in special relationships with others such as police officers, firefighters, teachers, married couples, common carriers such as bus drivers and employers; and if you yourself put
the other person in danger in the first place.
Some states, such as Nebraska, require most people — especially professionals— to report suspected child abuse or face possible misdemeanor charges, said attorney Jeffrey Lapin in Lincoln, Nebraska. He agreed the Florida teenagers committed no crime.
“While it is morally and ethically wrong, it is not illegal to not render aid or make extremely despicable comments,” Lapin said in an email Friday.
Parrish, was even more blunt: “Never in my life would I have ever thought we would need a law to make this happen.”
Lapin noted that in the final episode of the sitcom “Seinfeld,” the four main characters are convicted of violating a purported city ordinance by failing to assist an overweight man who is getting carjacked — instead joking about the man’s large size and doing nothing. The judge character said the four had “callous indifference and utter disregard” for a positive society.
Most U.S. states have no such laws.
There are situations in which U.S. law does require assistance to be rendered. One of those is on the high seas, where federal law requires the “master” of any vessel under U.S. jurisdiction to help anyone “found at sea in danger of being lost,” according to the statute.

A March 13, 2017, photo provided by Brevard County Sheriff’s Office shows Jamel Dunn. Dunn drowned in a pond July 9 in Cocoa as a group of teens filmed his dying moments.
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Old 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep OT, the more I see of people like this the more I like your signature!
"The more I get to know about people, the better I like dogs"
Teens watching someone drown, a girl friend telling a guy to commit suicide! What's next?
I think that they have lost all concept of reality and morality. Society say's it's not a crime!
But the scary thing is, the same people with no sense of reality and moral character, it's not much of a stretch for them to actually commit murder!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can bet your bippy they will be Democrats!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

What a bunch of scumbags. They will be charged with a misdemeanor, failure to report a death.

According to the police department release, the teens, who are between the ages of 14 and 18, will face a charge of failure to report a death under Florida Statute 406.12.

The crime, according to the statute, is a misdemeanor.

http://bbn.frn.com/fis/storydisplay....&storyID=30583
Old 07-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know about their mothers, but I bet their dad is the government.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 07-22-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
Don't know about their mothers, but I bet their dad is the government.

C. Davis
You're probably right on that assessment!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:36 AM
Banned

Same kind of people that would elect Trump as their president. This is where america is headed from the top down.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
Same kind of people that would elect Trump as their president. This is where america is headed from the top down.
You are so full of it I can smell it all the way here to MI!!!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

No, they would be democrats, the same kind of people who would burn their own city down, rob stores in their neighborhoods, pull innocent people out of their vehicles and beat them and the same ones who would vote for Obama and Hillary and the ones who are living on the public teat and demanding more from the taxpayers. In other words NW, your kind of people!! Say Goodnight Gracie!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

college professors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service