Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Let's see if these useless Senators get called out for their sellouts >

Let's see if these useless Senators get called out for their sellouts

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Let's see if these useless Senators get called out for their sellouts

Old 07-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Let's see if these useless Senators get called out for their sellouts

http://www.redstate.com/prevaila/201...men-stand-way/

McConnell Sets Plans For Full Repeal As Women Stand In The Way
ANDREA RUTH // Posted at 8:00 pm on July 18, 2017
Share Tweet
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R – Ky.) laid out plans to attempt a full repeal of Obamacare Tuesday evening, saying it was at the request of the President and Vice President.

“For the information of all senators, at the request of the President [Trump] and Vice President [Pence] and after consulting with our members, we will have the vote on the motion to proceed to the ObamaCare repeal bill early next week,” McConnell said from the Senate floor on Tuesday night.

Full repeal seems unlikely as Senate Republicans need 50 yeas (plus Pence) to pass a repeal and three of the 52 GOP senators have already said they won’t vote for repeal: Sens. Susan Collins (R – Maine), Lisa Murkowski (R – Alaska), and Shelley Moore Capito (R – W. Va.). The last of which voted for repeal in 2015, but now says she “didn’t come here to hurt people.”

Wow.

Chicks, man.

What about all the tens of millions Obamacare has hurt? Which is one of the many reasons for why it’s failing.

SEE ALSO:
LISTEN: Feminism is a Mental Illness
The one thing above all others that Republicans ran on for almost a decade was repeal, and then repeal and replace, of Obamacare. The failure of the Senate’s replacement has the Right in the extraordinary position of having leadership willing to take repeal to a vote and at least two of the three opposing senators are too enthralled with their positions to follow through.

Sen. Capito should be exceptionally ashamed and worried. Voting for repeal when it didn’t matter, and then deciding when it really matters to vote against repeal in a state that voted for Trump 69.7 percent to Clinton’s 26.2 percent is astounding. Murkowski isn’t looking much better as Trump cleared more than 14 percentage points over Clinton in Alaska.

The time to repeal is NOW.

By some crazy happenstance, we have Mitch McConnell agreeing to a repeal vote. Honestly, what do Republicans have to lose? Whether they vote to repeal or leave Obamacare in place to fail, Americans (and arguably as importantly, the media) will hold them to blame for any health care catastrophes from here on out.

Full repeal brings back senators like Sens. Mike Lee (R – Utah), Rand Paul (R – Ky.), and Jerry Moran (R – Kan.) into the fold of supporters.

Capito and Murkowski have no better option than to vote for repeal. If repeal goes to the floor and fails, 2018 will be a hard sell for a party made up of notoriously bad salesmen.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The dumbest Democrat can write a winning campaign ad if the Republicans do not repeal. This is "read my lips" all over again but exponentially bigger when you combine all the Republican promises over 7 years.

My biggest fear then is that Trump will have a Congress he can successfully make deals with. People forget that things swing every two years in Washington. Trump really has just one year when you consider it takes a year to campaign.
Like it always does, Christmas will be here before we know it.

C. Davis
Old 07-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Banned

Do nothing GOP as we had for the past 6+ years continues.

Ran on getting rid of the ACA yet only their tiny shrinking base really wanted it gone.

Single Payer gets closer and closer every day.

S.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

We can't afford single payer, it's too expensive. This is why all the pressure in the world needs to be applied to these tree Senators and the others who are putting them out there to provide cover. (Portman)
Old 07-19-2017, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

There should be pressure put on Democrat senators, also. I say this not just to be smarmy. It is not self-evident to me that every Democrat senator is happy with Obamacare and would vote to retain it.

Also, it will be good to have on the record how people voted on repeal come the next election. Obamacare is NOT getting better. It is auguring in. It is in the death-spiral big time. A clever Republican opposing the Democrat who voted against repealing will have just that one more topic to attack the incumbent upon.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

We already know not a single Democrat will vote for repeal and the three republican Senators who came out no, aren't up for reelection. Collins is looking to become the Governor of Maine. The other two just got elected last fall. This is why they are taking the hit for Senators like Portman. He gets to vote Yes now because he knows this will ultimately fail to pass thanks to those 3 Senators.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:24 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I've pointed out before that we made a huge mistake allowing women to vote.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I've pointed out before that we made a huge mistake allowing women to vote.
Yep, and to get jobs outside the household!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
Yep, and to get jobs outside the household!
My mom worked six days a week, 8+ hours each day. The problem is we women are a little too emotional to make the best decisions when it comes to politics. Now if they vote the way their husbands tell them to vote, like I do, it's okay.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to make a comment on your last post about voting like your hubby tells you to, but I don't think you'd like what I have to say, so will just keep quiet!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service