Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law >

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Old 05-04-2017, 03:29 PM
  #81  
Boone & Crockett
Thread Starter
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 13,487
Default

Really, where did you see anything that passes for that in anything I said? if your memory is any longer than your pinky finger you should recall that I said there should be a federal law that allows everyone who is allowed to carry a firearm to do so in all states, in addition I said that the law should supersede any state laws that would impede those who could carry forearms from doing so. Perhaps you should take a reading comprehension class because nothing I said in this thread would lead any reasonable person to believe what you just posted!

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 03:59 PM
  #82  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Since when is it acceptable to throw personal insults isn't there a rule in regards to this kind of post ? ...Edited by Champlain Islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-05-2017 at 02:48 AM.
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 06:55 PM
  #83  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
Since when is it acceptable to throw personal insults isn't there a rule in regards to this kind of post ? ...Edited by Champlain Islander...
What post might you be talking about since I see no insults on anything over the last few thread pages and you do know MODs are very active on these Forum threads and would take the necessary action if there were violations, don't you?! ....Edited by Champlain Islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-05-2017 at 02:50 AM.
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:05 PM
  #84  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
What post might you be talking about since I see no insults on anything over the last few thread pages and you do know MODs are very active on these Forum threads and would take the necessary action if there were violations, don't you?! ...Edited by Champlain Islander...
Looks like it got edited besides I wasn't referring to your post so what's it to ya ?

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-05-2017 at 02:50 AM.
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:20 PM
  #85  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
Looks like it got edited besides I wasn't referring to your post so what's it to ya ?
I brought it up because you made absolutely no reference in your post about what post you had problems with and none of us are clairvoyants! There is also no reason for you to be a jerk in your response to me when all I was doing was asking a legitimate question! IMHO you need to call it quits on this thread because you're so far off on what the Constitution says and what rights a person actually has that you really can't and aren't making any kind of a logical debate on this thread!
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:25 PM
  #86  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,338
Default

You never did answer my question.

Would you have allowed black lives matter to organize protest in your restaurant? Do you think the constitution gives them the right to do that?
rockport is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:49 PM
  #87  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
I brought it up because you made absolutely no reference in your post about what post you had problems with and none of us are clairvoyants! There is also no reason for you to be a jerk in your response to me when all I was doing was asking a legitimate question! IMHO you need to call it quits on this thread because you're so far off on what the Constitution says and what rights a person actually has that you really can't and aren't making any kind of a logical debate on this thread!
What makes you so right anyway ? Look when you open a buisness it's not private there is the expectation that the public will come there that's why you opened the place to begin with you can't tell someone they lose their rights at the door just like the states can't stop up from crossing state lines or I should say shouldn't. The post I was referring to was oldtimers but it looks like he edited it and was getting personal imo so stop the name calling. ...Edited by Champlain Islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-05-2017 at 02:52 AM.
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:54 PM
  #88  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
You never did answer my question.

Would you have allowed black lives matter to organize protest in your restaurant? Do you think the constitution gives them the right to do that?
Never noticed the question till now. The answer is no what the heck does a protest have to do with self defense? That argument makes no sense at all . I am talking about a situation in which someone is trying or has taken someone's life and your ability to defend yourself what the heck does a protest have to do with that ?
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:58 PM
  #89  
Nontypical Buck
 
younggun308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,264
Default

"The public" as used to describe a group of people and "public" as used to describe places owned by the state are not the same thing.
Only membership-based organizations (ex. unions, clubs, interest groups, secret societies---you could even add family units) don't allow "the public" in, so it's not a useful category for what you're trying to say. The fact organizations, firms, and establishments welcome "the public" does not, as you suggest, negate their status as private entities, with complete discretion over rules and management.

Only state-run property and institutions are "public" in the legal sense. Rules and management of these are bound to the state's legal framework and institutions.

Therefore, your argument only applies to a narrower set of institutions than you think.
younggun308 is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 08:02 PM
  #90  
Nontypical Buck
 
younggun308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,264
Default

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
Never noticed the question till now. The answer is no what the heck does a protest have to do with self defense? That argument makes no sense at all . I am talking about a situation in which someone is trying or has taken someone's life and your ability to defend yourself what the heck does a protest have to do with that ?
It has everything to do with it...in America at least. Why? Because the 2nd Amendment is not the only one in our Constitution. The 1st and all the rest are, too.

Rockport's question hinges on the fact that if you're going to argue the 2nd Amendment cannot be limited by private entities, neither can any of the rest. His BLM example specifically asks whether you think private entities have a right to restrict your 1st Amendment rights (and, since it's BLM, maybe the 14th).
younggun308 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.